The Crypt

markhudson17

Ok, I know this is kind of a dumb thing, but what kind of ride experience should I expect with the crypt. I've ridden every other ride here at K.I. My best friend says it is great but I don't know if I should take her word for it.

Do you know what a Huss Giant Topspin is?

http://www.hussrides.com/index.php?option=...&Itemid=165

The experience itself similar to this:

if you love being flipped upside down then you will love this ride.if you want me to try and describe in order what the ride does during the duration I will try to explain it...to be honest, this was my first ride that I rode that went upside down and the first time scared the crap out of me when it was tomb raider the ride...but I loved it. I absolutely love it now as the crypt. I have friends that I got on here and said the exact same thing. there is just somthing about the ride that the first time can scare you but something about it keeps drawing you back to it..

I liked it a lot better when it was Tomb Raider w/ all the scenery IMO. Also when it was Tomb Raider i remembered exactly what it did with all the scenery and voices but now I don't really know how to describe it. It flips back and forth at pretty forcefull speeds and IT IS NOT a rollercoaster i am sick of people saying that. It is fun though.

I have also gotten into this deal of which is better than the other in another forum...and in a way, I agree with you, I LOVED the theme of tomb raider the ride...but with the ride experience goes to the crypt imo...BUT if there was a way to combine them, I know it would make everyone happy it would be great..I will agree the theming for crypt absolutely sucks but I think the ride itself is better. and no it is NOT a roller coaster...completely different than a roller coaster...but of course everyone is entitled to their opinion...thas just mine lol

You see the crypt is a very sophisticated ride. It is the only one of its kind. It is the worlds largest completely free moving room. What happens during the ride is that you sit perfectly still in your seats and the entire room moves around you, yet through the use of artificial gravity, you feel like your moving. It's truly a masterpiece.

Ok, I know this is kind of a dumb thing, but what kind of ride experience should I expect with the crypt. I've ridden every other ride here at K.I. My best friend says it is great but I don't know if I should take her word for it.

Although its a LOT bigger and it's in the dark.

You see the crypt is a very sophisticated ride. It is the only one of its kind. It is the worlds largest completely free moving room. What happens during the ride is that you sit perfectly still in your seats and the entire room moves around you, yet through the use of artificial gravity, you feel like your moving. It's truly a masterpiece.

And, not unlike the thing you did describe at Great Adventure, it frequently doesn't work, the park hasn't maintained all the theming, etc. Who D knee?

• 2 weeks later...

I personally am not a big fan of the Crypt, and not because its a bad ride, but because it gives me a head ace. Its really not a bad ride, but a lot of guys complain that it hurts...I would recommend riding it when there isn't that big of a line, just so you wouldn't wait long for something that you may not like in the end.

I personally am not a big fan of the Crypt, and not because its a bad ride, but because it gives me a head ace. [sic]

Well, how do you ride the (formerly forward side) Racer then, or SOB, or heck, even Invertigo?! All rides people have told me they get headaches riding.

what kind of ride experience should you expect with the crypt? If you are anything like me - None.

I've waited in line multiple times and never got a chance to ride as it always seems to be having a maintenance problem of one sort or the other.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. While there are differences between that and the Crypt in the actual ride structure (notably, Crypt holds 48 people and not 38, the two rows face the same direction, and the rows are tiered), those differences aren't really noticeable during the ride. One thing that was very different than my expectations was its level of comfort. In the videos, Top Spins look like they really throw you around and could produce a bunch of headslamming. Fortunately, it's not really that bad at all, IMO, thanks to only moving forwards and backwards (no side to side movement helps reduce the chances of headbashing). Just be careful with the, uh, groin region. There is a moment or two where you're face-down, and your body weight is resting on the restraints. Crypt has the same restraints a Delerium/MaXair, and thanks to the knobs on the bottom of the OTSRs, that can be uncomfortable if not prepared.

. Just be careful with the, uh, groin region. There is a moment or two where you're face-down, and your body weight is resting on the restraints. Crypt has the same restraints a Delerium/MaXair, and thanks to the knobs on the bottom of the OTSRs, that can be uncomfortable if not prepared.

If you think those restraints hurt, Twister's at SFNE I think are worse. It's a harness and then a bar comes up and SLAMS into you. It hurts pretty bad if you are not in the right position. I would consider The Crypt one of the better Top Spins I have been on with only these two under my belt.

med_gallery_36_257015.jpg