The Arcades

shadow2k3

As you know from my sig, I am a gamer. And I have had my fair share of visits to the PKI arcades (Mostly the Coney arcade, since it's really close to my work area.) I just want to know from all of you what you guys like to do when you're there and what you're all hoping for.

One of the games that I frequent there is Dance Dance Revolution. I've played the 3rd Mix version for quite awhile. My hope is that they get a newer mix of DDR. I think the newest one is DDRMAX.

So... thoughts? B)

~Shadow~

I never was a big arcade person besides pinball and skeeball. I've tried my share at DDR in Coney mall when it was brand new and never actually "understood" what the heck I was supposed to be doing.

Though, hanging out with games sups and areas over the off seasons I learned pretty quick. (We had PS2 and the DDR pad) I think I'll be playing it a lot more this season and hopefully master it by October.

all right! A new DDR freak! It's really a simple game once you are told what you are supposed to do with those arrows. I'm thinking of asking the game sups in the Coney Mall and Beast arcade to post a thing on how to play on the machines so people aren't lost.

No I haven't played DDR in parachute pants... lol Should be interesting to watch though. I have beat Paranoia on the PSone konamix version. Not like that 3rd mix machine will be anymore forgiving..... My new enemy is Drop Out..... huh.gif

As for who you are Dane, I can't really remember that far back. My memory is pretty bad at the moment. I hate it when that happens.

And for SC2, I have an Xbox, so I will get that sweet looking Spawn. IMO the PS2 version was scammed. Who wants to play as a Tekken character when you can just pick up a copy of Tekken? Makes no sense to me....

~Shadow~

You can't remember me? I remember you, you havd baggy kacki's on, and a "wifebeater" cut t-shirt, with your PKI blue shirt thrown on the side of the machine.

Funny, I have wonderful long time memory, but bad short time... unsure.gif

No I haven't played DDR in parachute pants... lol Should be interesting to watch though. I have beat Paranoia on the PSone konamix version. Not like that 3rd mix machine will be anymore forgiving..... My new enemy is Drop Out..... huh.gif

As for who you are Dane, I can't really remember that far back. My memory is pretty bad at the moment. I hate it when that happens.

And for SC2, I have an Xbox, so I will get that sweet looking Spawn. IMO the PS2 version was scammed. Who wants to play as a Tekken character when you can just pick up a copy of Tekken? Makes no sense to me....

~Shadow~

I'm more about the Gamecube version with Link, but back to the arcades...I'd love to see them bring back the slew of 2D fighters they had back in the day. Nothing made me happier to see the Neo Geo cabinets with new games in them each year. Being a game enthusiast myself, I tend to like the more classic games, but I'd love to see some newer stuff...and some updated DDR mixes. There is a rather sweet 8th mix at Eastgate Mall with a slew of new songs to try out. To all fellow gamers/park employees, lets hope we have a good year...or at least bring back the Daytona 8 player link up! :-)

I know it! I have a gamecube and have been waiting forever! Especially now that it'll have Link as a playable character. I'd also like to get an X-box just for Spawn. Too bad those guys aren't in the arcade version. But I have no idea where to play an arcade machine of SC2. It'd be nice if PKI got one!

Wonderpark in ForestFair Mall and Tilt in Florence Mall. The arcade version has an awesome mode as well. It is called Conquest mode (for those that may have not heard about it). There are 2 teams and when u register u have to pick which team u want to be on. After that the computer saves and keeps track of your stats and how you fight and commits your character to memory so other people can play you even if you are not there. Your character gains or looses experience depending on how often you win or loose and how many people fight you. It is rather nifty. If PKI gets one this year, I hope I have some good competition, my Kilik is top notch :-D

You can't remember me? I remember you, you havd baggy kacki's on, and a "wifebeater" cut t-shirt, with your PKI blue shirt thrown on the side of the machine.

Yep, that would be me... tongue.gif

My memory does some weird things to me. It remembers what it wants to remember.... rolleyes.gif

~Shadow~