The NEW Crypt 5/15

Ki Man

The operator asks if we ride it a lot, and said we'll be in for a surprise becuase they changed the program. They toned it down. She said it only does two flips, because, well...the ride's been tearing itself apart (Who didn't know that one).

If this operator is correct, then this is the reason. And it seems likely.

Well, considering she's the second person who is employed by the park I've heard this from, I'll believe it.

Well color me disappointed. A ride on the Crypt was always a requirement for every KI trip for me. I can't really say I didn't see this coming, though. After all, it's been constantly going downhill. This off season they didn't even repair the broken scenery! I don't even think they vacuumed the queue area! I'm beginning to wonder if "they" know something we don't. I'll call it: try hard to enjoy your last rides on the Crypt. We won't be seeing it much longer.

Keep the building remove the ride! That building is perfect for another ride.

Please no! I've been waiting so long for the day that eyesore is gone!

The crypt should be given its own crypt far away from Kings Island!

Dare-To-Fly always has a vacancy in his pit in Siberia.

i still would like to see it without the building, and would it be possible to make modifications to make it able to run in the elements?

Possible? Sure, given enough money almost anything mechanical is possible. Economical, wise or prudent? Probably not.

I wonder how the cost of doing that ^ compares with a new flat ride installation.

i still would like to see it without the building, and would it be possible to make modifications to make it able to run in the elements?

Possible? Sure, given enough money almost anything mechanical is possible. Economical, wise or prudent? Probably not.

I wonder how the cost of doing that ^ compares with a new flat ride installation.

I am quite certain it would be substantial...perhaps the cost of a half dozen or more typical flats...or more...And then what do you have? A Giant Top Spin that still can't do many of the maneuvers that regular Top Spins can do every day and do do at many fairs and used to at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure...most theme parks do not operate Top Spins in their more rambunctious programs...For a particularly anemic one, see Dorney Park...which happens to be owned and operated by the owner of Kings Island of Mason, Ohio...

future home for the Mutant Bat" u go inside and The Bat roars. you go through the building and sit in the seat for 5 minutes like a magic carpet ride thing.

Did they change the ride since last week? i remember flipping like 15 times!! forceful, DUll, but kindve fun. But my face started to hurt afterwards.

I rode it on opening day and was enjoying myself until I realized the gondola was being lowered and stopped. I asked myself "Is that really it"? If the program has become this bad, than I must agree with others. The Crypt has become the Disaster Transport of flat rides...

The news has hit Screamscape, although honestly I think they are being a bit optemistic of the situation. Once you ride it, you have trouble seeing it last for a few more years.

Hmm.... who e-mailed Screamscape? Oh wait that was me! lol. It took convincing the editor that I had not just completly forgotten what the ride used to be like before 5/15 :rolleyes: .

I rode it on opening day and was enjoying myself until I realized the gondola was being lowered and stopped. I asked myself "Is that really it"? If the program has become this bad, than I must agree with others. The Crypt has become the Disaster Transport of flat rides...

On opening day it was still the same program as last year.

A top spin is what this park needs, we just don't have one we want.

I have always loved that we had one of these rides at Kings Island, I feel it is a ride that this park needs. While the crypt may fail to be that ride we want, I think we can all agree we enjoyed having a true Top Spin as most of us experienced in 2008. It was a ride that offered a thrill that no other ride in the park could. It is true that they program has been watered down, and is a fact that many are now disappointed as it is a much different ride than they had just been on a week before. I feel we need a genuine Top Spin, while we may have one, it is not the one we technacally want. I see people on this forum now looking at Dominions and I think a Top Spin like that would be the best solution.

Remember, we are a park of firsts! We had the first looping wooden coaster, first suspended arrow, first gyro drop, built The Beast, and the first Giant Top Spin. Some things worked, some did not. The Bat ended up not lasting but we got Top Gun in its place, I can only hope that if the Crypt should not last much longer we continue to have some sort of Top Spin in the park.

Its wiki was updated...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider:_..._(Kings_Island)

I liked TRTR also...just didnt like when it held you up side down...that was the only thing i hated about the ride lol..but yeah it was really neat on how it was interacting with the scenery...so no ur not the only one...i just liked the "original" crypt's program...sounds like I will be very dissapointed to ride this new program that they all of a sudden pulled on us :(

I liked TRTR also...just didnt like when it held you up side down...that was the only thing i hated about the ride lol..but yeah it was really neat on how it was interacting with the scenery...so no ur not the only one...i just liked the "original" crypt's program...sounds like I will be very dissapointed to ride this new program that they all of a sudden pulled on us :(

Come on that was the best part of the ride! :lol: Haha. The drum beat that would play inside the ride would always put me in a trance!

at that point in time I had never ridden anything that went upside down lol..so it kinda scared the poo out of me lol...but if I could ride it again today, I might agree..but since we know we wont get to try that ride ever again lol...oh well. at that time I wasnt a real thrill seaker, My fav ride was either Adventure Express or WWC...allthough, it is hard to beat WWC. I have ridden many rides like it and still say this one is the best out of all of them..sry got off topic again lol..

We rode the Crypt on May 10th. It did plenty of flipping but was still kinda boring.

On Sunday we were at CP and rode Chaos. This flat has a ton more action then Crypt and even better it had no line.

Chaos is a great flat, awesome to watch and really puts on a show with the light package at night. I would love to see more of those around.

A top spin is what this park needs, we just don't have one we want.

I have always loved that we had one of these rides at Kings Island, I feel it is a ride that this park needs. While the crypt may fail to be that ride we want, I think we can all agree we enjoyed having a true Top Spin as most of us experienced in 2008. It was a ride that offered a thrill that no other ride in the park could. It is true that they program has been watered down, and is a fact that many are now disappointed as it is a much different ride than they had just been on a week before. I feel we need a genuine Top Spin, while we may have one, it is not the one we technacally want. I see people on this forum now looking at Dominions and I think a Top Spin like that would be the best solution.

Remember, we are a park of firsts! We had the first looping wooden coaster, first suspended arrow, first gyro drop, built The Beast, and the first Giant Top Spin. Some things worked, some did not. The Bat ended up not lasting but we got Top Gun in its place, I can only hope that if the Crypt should not last much longer we continue to have some sort of Top Spin in the park.

Its wiki was updated...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider:_..._(Kings_Island)

Son of Beast was not first looping wooden coaster because there were looping wooden coaster in early 1950's

Here the proof

http://rcdb.com/id2512.htm

http://rcdb.com/id2336.htm

http://rcdb.com/id2626.htm

http://rcdb.com/id1780.htm

Let me rephrase then, The first successful wooden looping coaster. Much how people refer to Revolution at SFMM as the first true looping coaster.

And Dan, TRTR was the ride that g started the whole craze I now have with coasters and thrill rides. It was the most unbelievable thing I have ever been on when it first opened.