Employees! Have you seen this!

Return_of_Yogi

why pay for that when I get the regular oscars food for free?

Do you work HB? Thats the only place I know that gets free food at Oscars (one of the benefits for getting people over there)

What is Oscar's? I have never seen it:

1. At the park.

2. On a park map.

3. In The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island

4. On the PKI homepage.

Will someone please tell me what and where Oscar's is? Is Oscar's a cafeteria strictly for employees?

Oscars is the employee cafeteria....Or as PKI says: "Where OUR stars eat!" - I know, corny, isn't it!

Oscars is basically between International Showplace and the Back Porch...behind whatever restaurant is there (Magilla's, I think)...there's a path to it on the Back Porch side and another entrance behind the big gates on the Showplace side.

Employees: Be careful about information, which you disclose regarding Oscars. We don’t want to tell tons of people where it is, then have guests flocking to Oscars. It is an employee benefit. According to PKI policy, employees may not purchase food/drink for non-employees. Also, non-employees may not come in Oscars with you.

Non-employees: To eat at Oscars, you must have a valid Employee ID card, and going behind the scenes is violating park policy.

SML828,

Thanks for the info. Do you folks get a good discount? Do only seasonal employees eat there or full-timers too? Is it open year round or just seasonally? What kind of food do they offer?

Thanks......ItalianChef

Yes, food is cheaper in Oscars for employees. Anyone with a valid/current PKI ID can eat in Oscars. It just open during the Operating Season. They LaRosa's, burgers, chicken strips, salad bar, fries, and normally one or two various 'hot meals' each day (i.e. Skyline, Taco Salad, Pasta, etc.) There are also a few other different items, as well as various vending machines.

They are in those machines, you just have to look.

Another note to everyone about Oscars. The head supervisor in there does not tolerate people coming in and trying to buy food without an ID. He will call security and have you thrown out of the park. If you work in the park and buy food for people who don't, you will be fired on the spot.

Its already happened this year.

There aren't dorms or employee housings at PKI? When I was looking into a job for this season, a little blurb on their web site mentioned that Paramount's Kings Island can provide low-cost housing for those people who are 18+ or who are 17+ and have graduated from high school.

Let get back to you on that one, I'm trying to find it right now...

EDIT: Couldn't find the information on housing. Anyone have any information?

Edited by CoasterKrazy

I must have misunderstood the information. I do remember reading that Paramounts Kings Island could provide low-cost housing to those employees that live more than "X" miles from the park, but I don't remember the exact distance. I just assumed it meant dorms, but apparently I was mistaken. Oh well. rolleyes.gif