Nickelodeon Universe

fanofbigmedia

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Viacom was interested...very interested. They just wanted more Scooby Snacks than Cedar Fair was willing to pony up, so to speak...or so it appears.

Viacom and Cedar Fair have already had talks, and the number of Scooby Snacks was too high for Cedar Fair?

Given the theatre's resurgence as a terrific Haunt attraction, I doubt it goes away. CF can always stick another 3d movie in there during the summer months..there are plenty out there to choose from.

Given the theatre's resurgence as a terrific Haunt attraction, I doubt it goes away. CF can always stick another 3d movie in there during the summer months..there are plenty out there to choose from.

Up! Up! *Crosses fingers*

One can dream, can't he? :rolleyes:

It would be awsome if KI added a new movie, or played the old movies again. I miss DOT. I would like to see virutal roller coasters played, perhaps winning videos from a coaster tycoon contest. I see great potential left for shows because it can be easly modified. The theater was a paramount addition, so I would suspect it could be removed. The haunted hospital was a great haunt attraction.

The Theater should be removed, and CM should be expanded.

I think I found the answer to solve this. The web site listed below references that The Nickelodeon licensing agreement expires within four years. The park was purchased on June 30, 2006. It looks like this may be the last year for Nick, so everyone probley should start taking all the pictures and videos that they wish to collect. Be sure to visit the Nic themed rides.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/811...hibit99_faq.htm

I think I found the answer to solve this. The web site listed below references that The Nickelodeon licensing agreement expires within four years. The park was purchased on June 30, 2006. It looks like this may be the last year for Nick, so everyone probley should start taking all the pictures and videos that they wish to collect. Be sure to visit the Nic themed rides.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/811...hibit99_faq.htm

Most of us already knew that.

I would hedge my bets that Nick isn't leaving. What else to replace it with? Peanuts like at CP? I love snoopy, but that industry died with Charles Schultz. Wouldn't it be easier to modify the Nick rides to reflect the shows currently airing on Nick? That would certainly be cheaper. Avatar, Dora, FOP and Sb stay; e-thing else just gets new names and props. I would think Viacom would like that arrangement as well, since it would give them broad exposure to their new cartoons.

Terpy has been doing what Terpies do during times like these....and no, no night rows...at least not yet...but soon. Perhaps...if stuff will just stop happening so darn rapidly for at least a while.

Terpy, who appreciates y'alls' thoughts...and is glad to be back around these precincts...

I can't figure out why they would schedule a concert like that at Bogart's to begin with. I've never been there myself, but from what I've heard, Bogart's isn't exactly a family-friendly venue. Then there's the parking issue (though UC has plenty of parking this time of year).

Is Nickelodeon leaving? - Lake Charles Guy

The Nick licensing agreement expires at the end of 2009. At this point, that is all the information that is available.

When does the contract end for Kings Dominion to have the rights to use Scooby-Doo characters/themeing? - BuschSchoe

Nickelodeon's is up at the end of the 2009 season. Scooby can stick around for a while, KD does not have a specific end date.

Could Hanna-Barbera ever come back? - Lake Charles Guy

Possibly, but we must take into account, brand power.

Once the contract does end with the Nickelodeon and Scooby-Doo characters/theming, are you going to use Peanuts theming like the rest of the Cedar Fair parks? - BuschSchoe

It is too soon to assume that we will not renew with Nickelodeon

http://kdfansite.com/blog/