What annoys you about the park?

CedarPointer

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference between doing certain things to keep the line moving and being kind about it, and the attitude that some of the crew gets. There are a couple females on the DB crew who are VERY rude at times when you request a seat and it is completely unnecessary. Something as simple as "I'm sorry, we can't assign seats at this time due to the wait time" or when they were doing power hour one night to hit capacity. I can understand that. But when the line is short and I ask may I please have row 16, don't get snooty with me. Especially if I just watched her grant a request for someone in front of me. They seem to have no problem with the line for the front seat having 6 trains worth of people in it but more than 2 trains of people for row 16 is apparently a no no in their book.

Another pet peeve is the one crew member who just waves people past and says "find an empty row" over and over again. It always causes chaos in the station and he almost never fills in with single riders, leaving several empty seats (and often times empty rows) per train. If you aren't going to assign seats to maximize capacity, what's the point of him being there? I tend to head elsewhere when that person is at separater because the wait time is always increased.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

I could not agree more with you on the first paragraph! If there is 2 loads in row 16, then they seem to have an issue with it. I think if I just waited for 30-45 mins at least let me make a choice if id like to wait one more ride for my seat preference. The guys generally understand but there is two girls and I wont name names that must really hate that position as they are totally rude about it. And the line jumpers into the closed single rider line still peeves me! lol

Can't wait till thurs and fri. Ill be back at the park for Diamondback ride 76 and beyond!

The way the splashdowns looking now, I would NOT want to be splashed on with that water.

:huh: I haven't been to KI since late May. What's wrong with the splashdown? Is the water getting nasty?

Yes the water is growing algea. I am wondering if this is meant to be that way? I dunno but if its not by design, its quite nasty. Its half green and half not. I would think that if they treated it with chlorine or bromine it would decay the tracks and cars. Just a thought.

Let's see, the splashdown water...

-has stuff growing in it.

-is dirty.

-smells like vomit.

-has been spit into (or worse) by many patrons, at this point.

I don't want to be splashed on by it either.

Q: According to Kings Island, which of the following is NOT a competitive event?

a. Basketball

b. Football

c. Line Jumping

d. Filling trains on Firehawk

If you answered D, you're correct! :)

The way the splashdowns looking now, I would NOT want to be splashed on with that water.

:huh: I haven't been to KI since late May. What's wrong with the splashdown? Is the water getting nasty?

Yes the water is growing algea. I am wondering if this is meant to be that way? I dunno but if its not by design, its quite nasty. Its half green and half not. I would think that if they treated it with chlorine or bromine it would decay the tracks and cars. Just a thought.

SheiKra's water is treated and it hasn't effected the track or trains, at least not from what I can see. The track looks like it did the day they installed it.

They need to either treat DB's water, or drain and refill it every few days. I'm sure there's some sort of standard for water that guests come in contact with (not pond water, etc.), and I'm sure DB's water doesn't meet it.

I hate it when the seat assigners won't let me sit in a particular seat. Occasionally, I'll wait in DB's standby line simply so I can choose my row. Being snapped at by the grouper simply reminds me not to spend money at the park, and before I leave for KI, ponder... "where else?"

CedarPointer, who is proud to have only bought one thing at the park this year, a cone of blue ice cream.

That reminds me.. when Kat and I were on Voyage's lift hill, I looked down and to the right and said "Ew, look at how dirty the water is!" Pilgrims Plunge's water pool is already turning a gross shade of greenish brown.

Again, I can only speak for myself but I have always been treated by the DB crew with the utmost courtesy. At the same time, I have seen kids whose conduct at the DB station is such that it would merit a good spanking from me if they were my kids. The DB crew is just doing their job but some people no matter how nice the attendant is simply refuse to follow the rules the attendant is forced to enforce. If I was the attendant, I would probably get a little irritated too.

People dribbling those stupid basketballs and playing with them in line.

(I seriously just need to get over this...Is there a therapy group or something?)

We should start a group therapy that involves buying a basketball and stabbing it millions of times with a knive until it's in shreds...then cutting the remaining shreds into pieces with scissors...then setting the tiny pieces of confetti on fire...then throwing the ashes on people dibbling the basketballs.

Flyer, who thinks this would be a blast!

Be careful with throwing the basketballs in a fire. You fumes from the melted rubber would be toxic.

Something else is that the only cheap lockers are next to Firehawk, when before they were next to Viking Fury and Tomb Raider.

And the no reentry during Halloween Haunt, I'm sure annoys people.

No reentry during Halloween Haunt is for security reasons.

I knwo somebody ended up saying to prevent drunk people from coming and growing, but I don't think that is really the reason. If they could come into the park, leave, get drunk, and re-enter, then couldn't they just get drunk befor ethey enter the first time.

KI discounts on merch. for Gold and Plat: 0

Cp discounts on merch. for Gold and Plat: 10 to 20% ( I forget which one)

Something I found good value at KI was the French Bread Pizza at the former "It's Fried" stand across from Racer. forget the price, but it is awesome pizza.. better than that larosa's crap.

Ride ops at Diamondback slamming the harness down on you ( I KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE ON HERE, AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! CUT IT OUT... IT ISN'T NEEDED).. they can be easy about it.

People at Diamondback giving out false info about the ride, one op on the mic on the unload side said it went 120 mph, then changed it to 150.

I don't know if it is just on ride photos and games, but you get 10% or 15% off of some on-ride photos (I just saw the signs yesterday; I hadn't previously). Also, some games become cheaper with a gold or platinum pass.

Where exactly is that pizza stand located? Or is the entire "It's Fried" not there?

Another pet peeve is the one crew member who just waves people past and says "find an empty row" over and over again. It always causes chaos in the station and he almost never fills in with single riders, leaving several empty seats (and often times empty rows) per train. If you aren't going to assign seats to maximize capacity, what's the point of him being there? I tend to head elsewhere when that person is at separater because the wait time is always increased.

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device.

When I was at KI yesterday, I requested row one and my request was granted. The next couple rows were filled, then they switched seat assigners. The next train was about the come in (I would board with my sister, my niece with a single rider, and then I think rows three and four were filled). There was no way the seat assigner could dispatch enough people into rows without holding up the line, so, he just told people in the line to start going to rows, starting at row one and then go towards the end of the train. So, the train got filled. There are usful times for just 'flooding' the station, but if he does it repeatedly, I don't think it's right.

When standing in line for DB, I glanced over and thought the water looked kinda icky. I forgot to look though as I passed by the splashdown by The Beast plaza.

Edit: I noticed a couple lady ride ops at DB that didn't seem too friendly. The first one was the seat assigner when I was going through. She just didn't seem too happy, and hesitent (sp?) to grant seat requests, but it did work out for me. The second lady was later in the evening time and she didn't sem too friendly. But it worked out once again for me.

Also, it annoys me when ride ops puch the restraint down that one more click. Yesterday on The Beast, I left the restraint about .5 or 1 inch above my leg. The ride op pushed it down onto my leg. The ride was painful enough witht the seat I was sitting in, but then the restrain was too tight. :(

Where exactly is that pizza stand located? Or is the entire "It's Fried" not there?

Yeah the you can buy those at the former "It's Fried" food stand. A few weeks ago I wanted to buy one of these flatbreads but when the employee rang me up the price was greatly different from the menu board by over a dollar, I confronted him and he said "Oh those are the the prices from last year". I said screw it and we to Skyline. It's not right to have your menu saying one thing then when you go to pay its more then you thought it was going to be.

With regards to the dirty splashdown, there is probably a filtration pump somewhere.. My thoughts are that maybe it is broken at the moment, because you know they would want to keep their newest attraction looking its best.. We can only hope..

They need to either treat DB's water, or drain and refill it every few days. I'm sure there's some sort of standard for water that guests come in contact with (not pond water, etc.), and I'm sure DB's water doesn't meet it.

I know WWC's water isn't treated very good.

The former "It's Fried " stand is almost directly across from The Racer i believe. I think it is pretty close to Skyline.

There was no way the seat assigner could dispatch enough people into rows without holding up the line, so, he just told people in the line to start going to rows, starting at row one and then go towards the end of the train. So, the train got filled. There are usful times for just 'flooding' the station, but if he does it repeatedly, I don't think it's right.

I have seen them on a few occasions fill the trains by asking the guests to go to any empty row...consistently. That's much better than flat out assigning the rows in my opinion.

Also, it annoys me when ride ops puch the restraint down that one more click. Yesterday on The Beast, I left the restraint about .5 or 1 inch above my leg. The ride op pushed it down onto my leg. The ride was painful enough witht the seat I was sitting in, but then the restrain was too tight. :(

Oh, dear...what time did you ride? Just curious. ;) And...sit in the right seat next time! :)

Something else is that the only cheap lockers are next to Firehawk, when before they were next to Viking Fury and Tomb Raider.

And the no reentry during Halloween Haunt, I'm sure annoys people.

No reentry during Halloween Haunt is for security reasons.

No re-entry durinh Halloween Haunt is so you don't have drunk people coming and going as they please.

Oh, really? So drunk people can come and go as they please, so long as it is not during Halloween Haunt? How...uh...interesting.

The former "It's Fried " stand is almost directly across from The Racer i believe. I think it is pretty close to Skyline.

Ok, I know where you are talking about now.

Oh, dear...what time did you ride? Just curious. ;) And...sit in the right seat next time! :)

I rode between about 12:45 and 1:20-ish. Somewhere in there (I didn't have my phone so I could check the time). Are you a ride op for The Beast?

It IS atrocious, but only for Kings Island. You can find far worse in many parks elsewhere in the country. You see, the thing is, for many years Kings Island and the midwest parks in general were known for their near total absence of line jumping. Now, that's changing. Don't let it ruin your day. Report it if you see it. And if nothing is done about it, complain to Guest Relations, whose office is on the left hand side as you exit the ticket gates...Don't just let it go. They get enough complaints, they will act.

Kings Island is a wonderful park that deserves to keep the reputation it once had as being a family friendly place where people dressed appropriately and didn't line jump. It still is far better than many parks in that regard. But Holiday World or today's Six Flags it is not when it comes to enforcing guest conduct rules...It is also worth noting that Cedar Point seems to have no problem enforcing the guest conduct rules there...but they DO have a roaming Dick Kinzel that can appear at any time, and often does!

I only saw line jumping twice at CP, and it was the same family both times. Once, they even asked me to take their picture? Since they seemed to need the hint, I also took a picture of the "LINE JUMPING IS PROHIBITED" sign. :) I wonder if they ever noticed it...

So tomorrow there is a 50% chance of t'storms. If it's not a constant downpour what rides are down the longest and most frequently?

If it lightnings or thunders, all the outside rides will shut down at once. Rain of any real magnitude will either close most of the outside coasters or at least cut many of them to one train operation. Cedar Fair does not operate coasters in the rain the way that Paramount Parks once did.

You know what really annoys me about the park? All this negativity around the park lately. It's only necessary to a certain point. But this thread is really unnecessary. Yes, it brings up the bad in the park. Is that good? Like I said, to a certain point. In my OPINION, remember, I am entitled to an OPINION. My OPINION is this thread is not good for the environment of KI and KIC.

Keyword of the day is? Opinion!

Well someone sure is in a grumpy mood. Nothing really annoys me about the park. I am actually quite impressed with the park this year, but if I HAD to say one thing. The single rider line on Diamondback being abused. You know if you were a Kings Island supervisor this website would be one bada** survey, you get opinions and everything.