Recommended Rows for Diamondback

Ki Man

Hey KIC.

I'm sure all of you have ridden Kings Island's fantastic new coaster, Diamondback. And I'm sure all if you raveeee about row 16 and row 1. Well, I challenge you to branch out and try some new rows.

I have found better rides allll over the train. Well, maybe not better, I can never decide where I like best. But after riding hundreds of times, I'd like to give a little insight to what I think are the best rows.

Those are my favorites. If you like really strong airtime, go for the front or back. But be warned; you sacrafice the first drop! I've found that the best seat to take the first drop is.....Row 6 and Row 10. They both give a fantastic stomach in your throat feeling, and really let you feel how big the hill is. In the back seat, you're getting pulled through too quickly in my opinion. If you want a smoother ride, go for the closer seats. They aren't sitting on wheels...unlike the outside ones. That's why I take 15 over 16 most of the time. Don't forget about the middle, though! That's where the awesome floater airtime is. That's what B&M does best.

So I encourage everyone to try out new rows. Add some variety! I don't think you can really say "that's the best row" until you've tried them all ;)

-Zach

KI Man - I'm with you on this. While if given a choice to only have one ride, I'll head to 16 as it is my favorite location (I've ridden enough different seats to know), I also think there are incredible rides to be had in the middle. IMO, row 10 gives the best first drop as you seem to be perfectly balanced between "hanging in the front" and "pulled over in the back" Also, great front of train experiences can be had in row 2 and 4 as well as 1.

Also for different experiences in the overbanked turn, and helixes, make sure to switch sides of the train. As a most times single rider, I've found myself on the left sides seats a lot, but enjoy the right side seats in the final helix more.

My Favorite Row is Row 13, Than Row 1, Than Row 9.

13- You Get Pulled down the First Drop and get amazing Air throughout the whole ride.

1- Great view, you kind of hang on the first drop and look straight down, you get amazing ejector air throughout the whole ride.

9- You Get some pretty good air, but the main reason I like this row is Because I find it to be the most forceful! In the Hammerhead you kind of get thrown around in a Good way, and the helices are smooth and full of force!

Rows 1 and 2 are great. Having said that, my preferred seat is the seat on the left in row 16. Not only does it give some of the best floater air I've ever experienced, but I always like to lean out to the left before the hammerhead and am in no one's way when I do so. If I don't get row 16 I like anything pretty much in the last 3 cars.

There's nothing like the very front, it's great to see everything and it's very smooth. But in the back you get absolutely thrown out of your seat (hanging on by your thighs), and I like the feeling of flying over the top of the 1st hill.

Still, rows 9 and 10 send you in 'orbit' more, where you are falling at the same rate as the train-so you really float. They are all great, and unique.

The best floaing air is the row 15 and 16.

The best ejection air is 1 and 2.

For some reason, 13 and 15 seems the smoothest.

The odd rows are smoother than the even ones.

The Green train is the fastest and smoothest.

The Red train shakes the most.

My preference is 16 on green train on the left side.

KI Man - I remember seeing you a few times after rides early in the season and you raving about rows 8 and 9. I talked to you a little while later and you said you liked row 4. I saw you again recently and you said rows 6 and 10 are where it's at. I think many of us are like this, that your favorite row changes with each ride, and also goes to show you that there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer!

Personally, I like row 1 (if the train is warmed up...I've had some rides up here where the air here has just been 'ok'), row 16 (best seat for first drop, exit from hammerhead, drop off MCBR and drop into splashdown), but I agree with KI Man that rows 6-10 offer rides that are underrated. Those middle row rides offer the really cool sustained float over each and every hill.

I think the worst rows are row 3-5 (you don't get the view like you do in rows 1 & 2 and the air (and speed) isn't quite as pronounced) and rows 11 & 12 (you don't get the float, IMO, nor do you get the pull down the hills like you do in the last three or four rows).

My personal favs are 2 and 16. I like being on the outside because it adds a bit to the open air feeling and gives a little extra lateral movement. I love the first drop in the back and agree with KI Man about the great airtime in rows 6 through 10.

KI Man - I remember seeing you a few times after rides early in the season and you raving about rows 8 and 9. I talked to you a little while later and you said you liked row 4. I saw you again recently and you said rows 6 and 10 are where it's at. I think many of us are like this, that your favorite row changes with each ride, and also goes to show you that there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer!

Personally, I like row 1 (if the train is warmed up...I've had some rides up here where the air here has just been 'ok'), row 16 (best seat for first drop, exit from hammerhead, drop off MCBR and drop into splashdown), but I agree with KI Man that rows 6-10 offer rides that are underrated. Those middle row rides offer the really cool sustained float over each and every hill.

I think the worst rows are row 3-5 (you don't get the view like you do in rows 1 & 2 and the air (and speed) isn't quite as pronounced) and rows 11 & 12 (you don't get the float, IMO, nor do you get the pull down the hills like you do in the last three or four rows).

I agree with pretty much everything here!

The reason odd rows are smoother is because those are the seats that aren't on the wheels. The even rows are seperated and winged out; over the wheels.

I'm not sure how the green train is the "fastest"....all the trains are the same, besides the color....and go through the same ride!

I'm not really sure if you can say there's ejection air on this ride. Just, strong sustained airtime. Try Cornball Express, Voyage, or Maverick for Ejection air!

I tried row 3 on Sunday and I have to say it has some MAJOR ejector airtime! I almost like it more than I do row 16. The only thing I don't like is that you have to wait for the rest of the train to go down all the camelbacks and bunny hills. This is not the case in the back of the train.

I tried row 3 on Sunday and I have to say it has some MAJOR ejector airtime! I almost like it more than I do row 16.

You're welcome. :lol:

I like rows 1, 2, 3, and 16.

1 and 2 because I love the wind in my face and the track in front of me. I also love hearing the chain grind to a halt as the front of the train peeks over the first drop.

3 because it has mad ejector air.

16 because.. well, do you really have to ask? ;)

My gosh. Does it matter? :rolleyes: The ride is fun.

Yes it does matter each seat is a diffrent ride expirence.

Sweet Lord.

He's telling the truth, Mr. DiamondbackLover.

I've ridden nearly 200 times, and I still can't call a row my favorite....they're all so good, and each seat is soooo different!