The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

From my experience, they either make things up to scare people or sound smart. It's best to just ignore them, usually they are so adamant about it they won't listen to logic. I wonder how said person would react to hearing that at one point there were over 20 Six Flags parks!

very true, i just found it funny...i normally don't say anything about things like that but I had to post it on here because it was funny!

• 2 weeks later...

Normally, the daily inspections cease...if the ride is not going to operate in the near future, there is no need for daily inspection. If the inspections are for other reasons, they might continue on a somewhat periodic but less than daily basis...(such as for pending litigation, etc.)

wow, to me that means that something that went unnoticed in the last inspection could snowball into a much bigger problem, for example, a couple of nails on a piece of wood that was located towards the bottom of a lift structure had wiggled loose, and then under the pressure of the weight of the entire lift hill element the nails fell the rest of the way out and caused a colapse. so in other words something that would be a simple fix, turns into a nightmare of a repair.

or am i just over thinking this.

You are way overthinking this. Most things that require repair on a ride are caused by either the weather (which is easily observable...a windstorm, a hailstorm, tornado, etc.) or by ride operation. And things that do go wrong during an offseason are usually relatively easily fixed. The costs of daily inspections (which are not trivial) would far outweigh any benefit...otherwise the park would continue to do daily inspections year around. They do not.

http://planetsnoopy.com/kingsisland/parkmap.cfm

If this is a "leaked" 2010 Park Map, then Son of Beast is still going to be at KI in 2010. They did not even bother to "edit" it out.

This could mean...

#1: Son of Beast will re-open April 2010.

#2: Son of Beast will be SBNO for 2010, but still be on the park map for some reason (maybe have a giant CLOSED logo on the picture?).

This probably also means SOB will not be destroyed...yet. But this could still be wrong. Just thought it was interesting.

Eh hem...

Attention fellow KIC'ers:

The Kings Island map provided via the official Planet Snoopy website is not, was not, and will not be the 2010 season map.

Thank you.

Oh. My mistake then. It does look a lot like the '09 map now that I took a second look...it even shows the Avatar: The Last Airbender dude on his ride if you look very close.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Haha it was cleared up a few days ago. I didn't want to sound like a jerk (hope I didn't) but was just making a blanket announcement to prevent the same belief in the future (since it's been brought up at least five or six times that that particular map must prove Son of Beast is going to operate.)

Oh, lookie, I found a 1972 park map. Bavarian Beetle is on it. That MUST mean it is going to run this year, no?

Terpy....who only wishes that were the case

Oh but it could ride on

... I do not own the video just found it online, but it has cool video and I think you can see the Beetle on it....

Oh, lookie, I found a 1972 park map. Bavarian Beetle is on it. That MUST mean it is going to run this year, no?

Terpy....who only wishes that were the case

No, didn't you hear about the special paper they're printed on? When a ride is removed, the ride automagically disappears on all past maps! It's like the Ministry of Truth for amusement park rides!

Would you really reopen SOB after all that has happened with it? Cedar Fair tried just about everything but take it down and rebuild the thing. Its not cheap to do what they had to do with it since 2006. You had the retracking, taking out the loop, plus they redid the part of the ride at the spot of the accident, the new cars, the accident payouts. SOB needs to be taken down or be SBNO for life. Cedar Fair sees the dangers of SOB. I havent rode SOB since 2005 when the ride got so rough that it hurt my back. Btw, i didnt sue. Lol. Building the tallest and fastest woodie as you can see and tell, didnt pan out all that well that most would of hoped. I just think that for the sake of the park goers, Kings Island and for Cedar Fair as a whole, that Kings Island never open SOB again. SOB's next accident if it opens again could be far worse. Maybe killing 1 or more people. If that happens, then the park could suffer big time. The ride is worthless. Now, its just a big wooden darn near 20 million dollar paperweight. People can prove me wrong if they like. But to me, its just a nightmare to ride.

Would you really reopen SOB after all that has happened with it? Cedar Fair tried just about everything but take it down and rebuild the thing. Its not cheap to do what they had to do with it since 2006. You had the retracking, taking out the loop, plus they redid the part of the ride at the spot of the accident, the new cars, the accident payouts. SOB needs to be taken down or be SBNO for life. Cedar Fair sees the dangers of SOB. I havent rode SOB since 2005 when the ride got so rough that it hurt my back. Btw, i didnt sue. Lol. Building the tallest and fastest woodie as you can see and tell, didnt pan out all that well that most would of hoped. I just think that for the sake of the park goers, Kings Island and for Cedar Fair as a whole, that Kings Island never open SOB again. SOB's next accident if it opens again could be far worse. Maybe killing 1 or more people. If that happens, then the park could suffer big time. The ride is worthless. Now, its just a big wooden darn near 20 million dollar paperweight. People can prove me wrong if they like. But to me, its just a nightmare to ride.

I wouldnt say the ride is worthless, it could be recycled for money.... lol in all reality the park will make a decision that makes the bottom line look the best

I wouldnt say the ride is worthless, it could be recycled for money.... lol in all reality the park will make a decision that makes the bottom line look the best

apparently not the case from what i could gather. its pretreated wood and has about as many uses as containers of radioactive waste... would probably cost a fee just to get rid of it...

apparently not the case from what i could gather. its pretreated wood and has about as many uses as containers of radioactive waste... would probably cost a fee just to get rid of it...

but is there not steel located in the ride? the bolts and plates?