The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

I think it's funny that most people on here accept that the future of the ride is destruction, as if the extensive testing in the past few weeks means nothing.

It does mean nothing. It could easily be testing in case of a future lawsuit, taking POVs, it really could be anything. It means absolutely nothing about SoB's future.

They should just tell us if they are tearing it down, testing it is not going to fix it. they need to decide!!!

Actually testing would be a way to fix it. You see you cant just fix a ride until you know for sure what is wrong with the ride. It could be that park of the ride has setteled more than the rest causing un-needed stress on the ride= more rough rides. It could be the trains are not great. All good things take time my friends, sit back relax and enjoy the show....

Reclaimed lumber is a growing trend that you see many places in construction and design now. You can make floors, OSB, furniture, and pretty much anything you can out of new wood. However I don't see the park actually gaining any money from it but instead just an offset of cost of disposal. Of course thats if they do what I hope they don't.

All the bolts and rails on the other hand would probably get a pretty penny for scrap.

They could make some money, i woud pay extra for a piece of furnurture made from sob wood :lol:

Reclaimed lumber is a growing trend that you see many places in construction and design now. You can make floors, OSB, furniture, and pretty much anything you can out of new wood. However I don't see the park actually gaining any money from it but instead just an offset of cost of disposal. Of course thats if they do what I hope they don't.

All the bolts and rails on the other hand would probably get a pretty penny for scrap.

They could make some money, i woud pay extra for a piece of furnurture made from sob wood :lol:

arnt you afraid that if its a rocking chair it may send you to the hospital?

Guest rcfreak339
They should just tell us if they are tearing it down, testing it is not going to fix it. they need to decide!!!

What would be the fun in that? If they just tell us we would have nothing to talk about here. :)

Look, lets use the old adage of "like father like son". When Beast first opened it had a painful double helix and trains that didn't track well. Sob has a painful double helix and trains that don't track well. Later they fixed the helix and changed the trains on The Beast. If you make son more like father maybe you just might have another world class ride for the park. I feel like I get a ton of flak for liking the ride and I understand why people don't like it. But if the park is willing to give it another shot why would you be so against it? Who knows what the ride could be like next year? Maybe it would still suck in some peoples eyes, but it could also transform into a fun ride. The park has the financial and attendance figures in front of them. They've been holding off on any sort of an announcement while they take their time to figure out what to do. I agree with Shark6495, we should just sit back and enjoy the show.

Look, lets use the old adage of "like father like son". When Beast first opened it had a painful double helix and trains that didn't track well. ...

Do what?

I beg your pardon. I rode Beast its very first season. There was absolutely nothing painful about it, nor did the PTC trains have issues with tracking. They did have issues with causing more track maintenance to be required due to their weight...