The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

The loop was removed to accommodate the lighter trains. I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the bulk of the weight was from making the trains able to navigate the loop. The lighter trains couldn't bend enough to make it through the loop without tearing themselves apart, so the loop was removed.

EDIT: If I had a nickel for everytime Terpy beat me to an answer.....

The loop was removed to accommodate the lighter trains. I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the bulk of the weight was from making the trains able to navigate the loop. The lighter trains couldn't bend enough to make it through the loop without tearing themselves apart, so the loop was removed.

Many have speculated along those lines. More accurately, the loop was removed so that lighter weight trains could be used (an accurate statement for many reasons...).

I would have always thought that too because the lighter weight on the the trains now would have never made it through that loop at all. The weight on the old trains caused too much stress on the whole structure really. The horrible wood that was used also too. With the old trains I would have thought it was tearing itself apart in the beginning. I now wonder if that is why this accident happened because of the old trains had been tearing the structure apart and caused it to breakdown in that section of the ride. Don't you guys think that the same thing happened?

I wish I would quit hearing people complain about not knowing!

Give me one good reason why they should announce it before April, if at all.

Well If they were to announce its demise I and another member of this forum have stated we will not be renewing our passes this year. No matter how small we may be we will be making our own personal statements. So right now it's best they wait until after I purchase my season pass. But even then if they say its leaving after I buy my pass I will be going to the other parks and I will not be visiting KI and spending my money there. If that sounds childish to you I'm sorry that's just how I feel.

I was thinking of things like this:

SonofBeastchain.jpg

It would be smart of Kings Island to, without any official announcements or last rides, just quietly and quickly remove the ride over the offseason. Remove all trace of it, and hope to recover your season pass sales next year.

Of course I joined that group! :lol:

SonofBeastchain.jpg

It would be smart of Kings Island to, without any official announcements or last rides, just quietly and quickly remove the ride over the offseason. Remove all trace of it, and hope to recover your season pass sales next year.

That group needs a new tagline. Their current one - "Save the good quality Wood Coasters of America" - is not applicable towards SOB. :P

SonofBeastchain.jpg

That group needs a new tagline. Their current one - "Save the good quality Wood Coasters of America" - is not applicable towards SOB. :P

I joined so theres now only 10 of us. We can do this.

I wish I would quit hearing people complain about not knowing!

Give me one good reason why they should announce it before April, if at all.

Well If they were to announce its demise I and another member of this forum have stated we will not be renewing our passes this year. No matter how small we may be we will be making our own personal statements. So right now it's best they wait until after I purchase my season pass. But even then if they say its leaving after I buy my pass I will be going to the other parks and I will not be visiting KI and spending my money there. If that sounds childish to you I'm sorry that's just how I feel.

Thank you!

This thread is just like the economy.

Down.

Down. Look! A bright spot!

Down. Awww down.

Down.

Delete!

I realize all of us (including me) are saying the same exact things. When? When will it be destroyed? Nobody can answer that. Nobody. Just until the park says so. So stop worrying!

so for those of you, who would not buy a season pass if SOB is torn down may I ask why? I am not attacking any of you who believe in what you do. I just am wondering. Things change all the time, and some rides just dont last forever.... so if SOB is gone why or why not are you buying a season pass.....

So because one attraction, one ride out of 42, is removed, you believe that no longer makes it worth it to buy a season pass? No more unlimited free visits o Kings Island because just one ride isn't there? Using that mentality, should I no longer attend Haunt if Urgen Scare is removed? Should I no longer buy T-Shirts if they no longer sell my favorite one?

Hey, it's your opinion, shorter lines for me then! :)