Intresting CP Tweet

ok so you're all pretty much instantly crossing B&M off your list...why? they said NOT a beemer. this instantly makes me think it will be one. if they built everything they didn't say it wouldn't be, then they'd get like one of everything. this is the first one they said they wouldn't get. so they should get it.     did that make sense? :wacko:

i mean i guess its a good point, they could just be trying to throw us off once again.

After watching the marketing and hype for several roller coasters in the past few years, I can say that if a park suggests a certain type of ride (Aquatrax? Gee, See, Eye? TOGO?) then that means very little. If they are clearly stating it's NOT a certain type of ride, then that says something to me.

OK well has anyone entertained this idea? There was a rumor awhile ago that we were to get a water ride to replace WhYte Water Landing and they held of putting it in until next year, so that money is already in the budget for Cap spending for next year!

Then Great America was going to get a GCI for 2009, but with all of the 49ers crap they held off. Well now they are trying to possibly unload the park to the 49ers. Why put more money into a park that they might sell? The coaster is already paid for with this years Cap spending, so why couldn't they put two rides in Cedar Point in one year!

Also isn't Kinzel to retire at the end of the 2010 Season and he said in an interview that he wanted to go out with a Bang! What could be a bigger bang than adding two rides to his flagship park.

Which would give us 2 more coaster than Six Flags and still the coaster capital of the world! Just a thought!

Twitter and Facebook hints

"Gee, See Eye"

"witnessed many people enjoying the intamin settting of the park at sunset..."

OK well has anyone entertained this idea? There was a rumor awhile ago that we were to get a water ride to replace WhYte Water Landing and they held of putting it in until next year, so that money is already in the budget for Cap spending for next year!

Then Great America was going to get a GCI for 2009, but with all of the 49ers crap they held off. Well now they are trying to possibly unload the park to the 49ers. Why put more money into a park that they might sell? The coaster is already paid for with this years Cap spending, so why couldn't they put two rides in Cedar Point in one year!

Also isn't Kinzel to retire at the end of the 2010 Season and he said in an interview that he wanted to go out with a Bang! What could be a bigger bang than adding two rides to his flagship park.

Which would give us 2 more coaster than Six Flags and still the coaster capital of the world! Just a thought!

Twitter and Facebook hints

"Gee, See Eye"

"witnessed many people enjoying the intamin settting of the park at sunset..."

This makes sense, a water ride on millenium island and then a GCI by DT.

You guys could really be getting somewhere:

(11/10/08) A reader tells us that the latest edition of Ace News mentions that Cedar Point, “still hasn’t made it official, but expect an epic flume ride from Intamin which will surely boast world records of some kind.” While I haven’t heard a peep myself lately and the Intamin connection is almost surprising since Knott’s is said to be considering removing Perilous Plunge (Intamin), this does make sense. Back in late 2005 when White Water Landing was removed the park did mention that they were looking into some new flume ride designs for a future project.

(8/8/09) Cedar Point posted a blatant hint on their Facebook page that seems to indicate that their 2010 project is a GCI wooden coaster. It simply said, “Gee, See Eye!” That’s almost too obvious for Cedar Point however… perhaps GCI is coming in to fix Mean Streak. Otherwise, I’ve also heard a rumor that the signed deal to build the GCI over at California’s Great America may have been to The Point. We heard this last year (see below) as there was some speculation that staff was doing some survey work in the area around the skytower and employee parking lot behind there to see if it could fit in that area and wrap around the tower the same way that they had planned to do at CGA.

In fact, with only a minor modification (reverse the direction of the turn around the Skytower) you can see just how the exact same coaster layout planned for CGA would work out running from the Disaster Transport area over to the Demon Drop area. This is only speculation art created by myself, and not anything at all from Cedar Point or GCI, this is only a simply quick and dirty example just to give you an idea how one possible way that it COULD work. As you see in my art, the Disaster Transport area would still survive mostly intact in this layout, as well as Demon Drop, though both has been on the chopping block for years.

2010_WoodCoasterPossibleLayout.jpg

A Pilgrims Plunge type ride on Millennium Island, and a GCI in the Wicked Twister midway? I like where this theory is going...

Also isn't Kinzel to retire at the end of the 2010 Season

Kinzel is retiring? Is this a fact? I'm genuinely curious, I hadn't heard about that...

However, I do agree with the rest of your post- certainly an interesting notion...

Dick Kinzel restamped. If you read that it will tell you when Dick's final year is.

I stand corrected - I knew he had decided for another four years, but it hasn't felt like its been that long...Time goes fast, I guess :)

It could be pointing to the fact that Snake River Falls will be 17 years old, and will not have a fanfare of celebration... and also that it is not being removec.

I thought of SRF too because why else would CP acknowledge a useless anniversary, I mean maybe 15 but 17?..., but I assumed that they were saying that SRF would not come back because they would "not make it a big deal". I don't know that's just me...

For this GCI and Intamin thing, I believe we cannot value the "Gee, See, Eye" and "intamin" tweets because they also mentioned "I prefer my lunch TOGO...especially when there's lightning around."

TOGO is a manufacturer (are they even around anymore?)

Also mentioned is lightning, part of the rumored name stemming from the odd website found on the sponsor page.

So if we are to take tweets seriously and without a grain of salt we are getting a togo with the name Whyte Lightning but I don't think we will so let's not jump to conclusions.

It could be pointing to the fact that Snake River Falls will be 17 years old, and will not have a fanfare of celebration... and also that it is not being removec.

I thought of SRF too because why else would CP acknowledge a useless anniversary, I mean maybe 15 but 17?..., but I assumed that they were saying that SRF would not come back because they would "not make it a big deal". I don't know that's just me...

For this GCI and Intamin thing, I believe we cannot value the "Gee, See, Eye" and "intamin" tweets because they also mentioned "I prefer my lunch TOGO...especially when there's lightning around."

TOGO is a manufacturer (are they even around anymore?)

Also mentioned is lightning, part of the rumored name stemming from the odd website found on the sponsor page.

So if we are to take tweets seriously and without a grain of salt we are getting a togo with the name Whyte Lightning but I don't think we will so let's not jump to conclusions.

Togo is bankrupt and shut down...i really hope SRF is getting torn down, nobody rides it anymore. i was just there in July and there was never any line whatsoever.

Togo is bankrupt and shut down...i really hope SRF is getting torn down, nobody rides it anymore. i was just there in July and there was never any line whatsoever.

Really nobody rides it anymore, that is only why over 450,000 guests rode it last year. Remember the line size for a ride is not a good indicator of popularity. You must account for many other things like ride capacity.