Intresting CP Tweet

So far, the thinga maybe having to do with 2010:

-Aquatrax?

-Gee, See Eye!!

-A foot here...a foot there...a foot everywhere...

-I prefer my lunch TOGO...especially when there's lightning around.

-witnessed many people enjoying the intamin settting of the park at sunset...

-Crystal Rock Bottling Co. and whytelightning.com

-Harnesses? Check. Wheels? Check.

-Laboring over these 2010 plans is exhausting!

-KD: 1 CW: 2 CP: 3

-In 2010, we'll be celebrating an attraction's 17th birthday. The ride hasn't asked for much, so we'll just go ahead and not make it a big deal.

-Definitely NOT taking the Beemer out for a spin today. Or next year for that matter.

-Narrowing down the possibilities this week:

-Aquatrax??? Not in 2010...

Okay. I think I got everything. I thought this would make it easier to remember everything that has been posted so far. So, there were five ride designers, I wonder if four will be eliminated and then the fifth will be the correct one?

Well if they don't have a coaster next year than that's crazy. They haven't had one since 2007. Although I was thinking - Cedar Point will run out of room to build! Because of being on a peninsula, there's not so much room. I don't expect anything like a big, gigantic, coaster. Maybe something twisted/maybe something like Flight of Fear. But hopefully not a log flume!

Well if they don't have a coaster next year than that's crazy. They haven't had one since 2007. Although I was thinking - Cedar Point will run out of room to build! Because of being on a peninsula, there's not so much room. I don't expect anything like a big, gigantic, coaster. Maybe something twisted/maybe something like Flight of Fear. But hopefully not a log flume!

They have plenty of room, actually. It is a myth they are running out of room. Next to Millennium Island there is plenty of room, along with near Frontier Town.

CP said it would be a family ride. No big coaster that means. Everyone is guessing it. Just mark my words.

Many could consider a great variety of coasters "family rides", from Blue Streak to Wildcat, Gemini or even Corkscrew. I have even heard GCI's being considered family coasters...

They really need a Flight of Fear type ride but I highly doubt the will ever get one.

They do have one. It's called Disaster Transport. :lol:

CP said it would be a family ride. No big coaster that means. Everyone is guessing it. Just mark my words.

Many could consider a great variety of coasters "family rides", from Blue Streak to Wildcat, Gemini or even Corkscrew. I have even heard GCI's being considered family coasters...

They really need a Flight of Fear type ride but I highly doubt the will ever get one.

Are any of those big coasters? No.

And the only thing FOF and DT have in common is they are in the dark.....

Are any of those big coasters? No.

And the only thing FOF and DT have in common is they are in the dark.....

And Space Themed! ;)

I think it will be an upgraded family flume, except you will not get as wet.

Screamscape this morning:

(8/25/09) During a special ERT event at Maverick the other night a few new hints about the 2010 project were mentioned. People were told that it would be a “family friendly attraction” and that the riders wouldn’t get wet. Still… there is a new persistent rumor going around that the new ride is water related somehow.

Not getting wet....yay.

I still think the new ride will be very similar to Vliegende Hollander.

That's definitely an interesting theory, as they only said it wouldn't get you wet (and not, it won't be a water ride). The only thing that I could see against that theory would be the 20 million euro price tag (>$23.5 million dollars, and that was at the low end in 2006). I can't see them spending that kind of cash on an attraction like that. I also couldn't see them (Cedar Fair) spending $25 mil on each of the KD and Carowinds coasters and then shelling out additional heavy cash for this.

Vliegende Hollander:

http://www.rcdb.com/3291.htm

Well, CF is supposed to be spending between $80 milion and $90 million for enxt season... So, if CarW, KD, and CP each got $25 million rides, that's still short of what they were expecting.

Edit: I think that looks like a very fun ride.

I'm wondering if the retheming of the NCs and NU into Planet Snoopys will come out of CapEx budget? That will eat up a chunk of it.