Planet Snoopy (bringing your children?) in 2010.

CrashOverRided

I've debated this quite a bit. Although I went to KI several times growing up, I didn't take my kids for the first (and so far only) time until 2007. WHY did we pick KI as our mini-vacation spot? Spongebob! And Dora and Scooby! (Except Blue, the other Nick characters we could do without.) So yeah, not having them there makes KI less attractive. Nothing wrong with Snoopy, but Cedar Point is just a day trip for us while KI requires an overnighter.

That said, we WILL be returning to KI for a second time in 2010. One major factor is my kids enjoyed the adjacent waterpark that is included in admission. Hope that stays the same. I'm also hoping Scooby will stick around - I've been trying to follow along but I'm confused about Scooby's licensing.

In 2011 we're planning to hit Univesal Orlando where we'll see Spongebob and Scooby. That takes some of the sting away.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nick characters are becoming more and more common - there has been some thought that Nick may not have wanted to renew with the Cedar Fair properties - look at Mall of America, and the redone park in New Orleans - Sponge Bob everywhere. My kids love Spongebob, but they also like Snoopy. He may not be barging into their living room every day like Bob and Patrick, but they do watch the Holiday specials.

So to answer the initial question - will this have anything to do with us coming or not coming, nada! If my 8 year old makes it to 54" - that will have more to do with us coming, he wants the coaster credits!!

Uhm, sorry to rain on your parade Jackson, but Spongebob's been at Universal for a while. Along with Jimmy, Timmy, and all their friends.

http://www.universalorlando.com/theme-park...toon-blast.html

I stand corrected, while I didn't see that when I was there I'll assume Universal's site is much better maintained the any of the former Paramount's! ;)

I've debated this quite a bit. Although I went to KI several times growing up, I didn't take my kids for the first (and so far only) time until 2007. WHY did we pick KI as our mini-vacation spot? Spongebob! And Dora and Scooby! (Except Blue, the other Nick characters we could do without.) So yeah, not having them there makes KI less attractive. Nothing wrong with Snoopy, but Cedar Point is just a day trip for us while KI requires an overnighter.

I'm surprised that your kids would feel that way.

My kids are excited whether we go to CP, KI, Hershey, or Kennywood. How the kids area is themed, or not themed for some parks, has zero bering on my children's enjoyment.

I'm surprised that your kids would feel that way.

My kids are excited whether we go to CP, KI, Hershey, or Kennywood. How the kids area is themed, or not themed for some parks, has zero bering on my children's enjoyment.

well said, amen

Yeah when I take the kids to Kings Island they always tell me before we go ''we are going to see Scooby-Doo today'' and they get all excited and it pumps me up! :) Hey certain Six Flags Parks have Scooby-Doo and Shaggy,Velma while Universal Studios has Scooby-Doo,Shaggy,Velma & Daphne,Fred you can see them in/next to the Mystery Machine.You can also see Fred Flintstone and Wilma,Dino roaming the Universal Studios Backlot and if you get really lucky you can see Barney & Betty Rubble.Oh and before I forget you can get a hug from Yogi Bear at certain Six Flags parks too...(Yogi and Boo-Boo have a live/action movie coming christmas 2010 it makes sense they would have him out so kids would get to know him.)

Just as a heads up, someone has edited all the Nick Universe names to their "new" Snoopy counterparts :rolleyes: I don't know how to report that to Wikipedia or how to return it to its previous form, so if anyone does, that would be great. Some of the guesses are just horrendous, and apparently we're getting four new rides! Who knew?!

EDIT: They really are quite funny... I'd love to save them somewhere. "Shoot the Pumpkins, Charlie Brown" as well as "Charlie Brown's Beastie" and "Charlie & Friends Cop Chasers" (I didn't know Charlie and his friends were into chasing the police?) and "Runaway Woodstock." What a laugh!

My 4 year old will miss Scooby Doo a great deal. We have to go on the Haunted Mansion ride first every time we go to the park. Even if we go to the water park he wants to go to SD ride. Could careless about the Nick or Sponge Bob.

My cousin is like that all she wants to ride is SDaTHC! LMAO! Dude! Those are some crazy names! I can see plankton's free fall ride being themed to the kite eating tree ..Shoot the pumpkins,Charlie Brown,Snoopy's Runaway Woodstock? That's some funny stuff! I hope the haunted castle does get a great pumpkin makeover that would make me happy!

Well,Seems someone else fixed? the rides list..those rides seem more reasonable to me at least...so Reptar will be known as Snoopy Flying Ace? That's a good theme for it now I'm waiting to see what my belove Haunted Castle will be themed to! Great Pumpkin perhaps?