Kings Island "Inside Jokes"

CedarPointer

Does anyone else ever use jokes that only people who know a lot about KI would understand? For example...

One time, I was in front of someone who also is obsessed with KI in my school's lunch line. I was putting toppings on my burger, and when I picked a pickle slice up with the tongs, I turned around and said "Hey! The last one!". Hilarity ensued. I've also been known to make the occasional SoB reference when referring to something bad (that test was a real son of a beast...).

• Like 1

When we pile into the van, and no destination was given to the rest of the family, we call it Adventure Express. Then, when my daughter is driving, we call it Flight of Fear. Do those count? I know this is coming from a Fairly Odd family who all suffer from Invertigo, has a sink that drains as quick as a Vortex, and who's head of the house is a real Beast (not to mention, his male off-spring, the Son of Beast). Now, I think I'll crawl back into my Crypt for a nap!

When we pile into the van, and no destination was given to the rest of the family, we call it Adventure Express. Then, when my daughter is driving, we call it Flight of Fear. Do those count? I know this is coming from a Fairly Odd family who all suffer from Invertigo, has a sink that drains as quick as a Vortex, and who's head of the house is a real Beast (not to mention, his male off-spring, the Son of Beast). Now, I think I'll crawl back into my Crypt for a nap!

Nice smile.gif

not really an inside joke, but pretty much everyone in my classes knows that i'm obsesed with amusement parks and Kings Island, and they always laugh at how mad i get when i read something or someone in my class, wether it be a teacher or student, says something really wrong.

for example, in my pre-cal book, there is a caption saying something this:

***"located in the cincinnati section of ohio, the king island's amusement park is home to one of the scariest rides around called The Beast, The Beast's first lift hill is 119' tall and is the tallest point on the entire ride, then you go down that hill into a tunnel that is located 45 feet below the surface of the ground."

*** i don't believe that those are the exact words used to describe the ride, but still the info was way, way off.

^^Whoa there.. I'd be careful throwin that around. Not too many people think highly of that term used that way.

Back on topic.. When I'm waiting in line at fast food restaurants with coaster buddies, I often ask where the single rider line is. :P

***"located in the cincinnati section of ohio, the king island's amusement park is home to one of the scariest rides around called The Beast, The Beast's first lift hill is 119' tall and is the tallest point on the entire ride, then you go down that hill into a tunnel that is located 45 feet below the surface of the ground."

My Geometry book talks about "The Milenium Force" at Cedar Point. One time my US History teacher talked about the Antique Cars at KI... except he was just sure that they drove guests around the entire park... on the pedestrian paths... I didn't have the heart to correct him.

They're not really inside jokes, but I came up with nicknames for some coasters:

Millennium Force (at night): Gnat Killer

The Racer (because it ALWAYS staples me on the bunny hills): The Stapler

Invertigo: The Blackout Machine

One that combines an inside joke with a nickname is what I call Rugrats Runaway Reptar: That Yellow and Green Puke Machine.

Ask anyone who was with me the first day of RWW about this and they'll crack up! Needless to say, I discovered what Dramamine could do for a weak-stomached coaster enthusiast after that. wink.gif

They're not really inside jokes, but I came up with nicknames for some coasters:

One that combines an inside joke with a nickname is what I call Rugrats Runaway Reptar: That Yellow and Green Puke Machine.

Ask anyone who was with me the first day of RWW about this and they'll crack up! Needless to say, I discovered what Dramamine could do for a weak-stomached coaster enthusiast after that. wink.gif

Just remember two I use! Sorry if I offend anyone, but I'm not trying to mean it on a rude way. I call Avatar "Avatard" and Runaway Reptar "Runaway Reptard." And there is one other but I know I'll offend people and get int trouble so I'll just keep it to myself... ;)

Oh and also Tom, Reptard makes me feel sick too, who would think a kiddie coaster would do that! And yes, Dramamine works good. If only I had it for ERT on Diamondback during RWCW!

Just remember two I use! Sorry if I offend anyone, but I'm not trying to mean it on a rude way. I call Avatar "Avatard" and Runaway Reptar "Runaway Reptard." And there is one other but I know I'll offend people and get int trouble so I'll just keep it to myself... wink.gif

Oh and also Tom, Reptard makes me feel sick too, who would think a kiddie coaster would do that! And yes, Dramamine works good. If only I had it for ERT on Diamondback during RWCW!

You and me both in respect to Dramamine on Diamondback ERT on RWCW. THAT would have been nice.

It wasn't that Reptar was shaky so much as it was my 10th roller coaster ride within about 3 hours when I was used to riding AT MOST 6 or 7 coasters in a day up to that point. RWCW was my first enthusiast event and my family always seemed to take me to KI on busy Saturdays, so my stomach wasn't agreeing with me before I got on Reptar. That was the last time I rode it and I think I can go without riding it again unless it's absolutely necessary due to the rattly ride it gives.

Last year at RWW, Brad (Indyguy4KI) and I were kind of hyper late in the day, and we were totally pumped about having free drink wristbands. We went to give each other a high five, and I decided to high five with our wristbands instead so I smacked our wrists together and I yelled "WRISTBANDS, HOOAH!!" :lol:

There is also another joke between Ash (Ashers), Kyle (kjkjkj), and I. Ash and I had been drinking, and we smelled something really bad so we started joking about how bad our group smelled (we didn't, but it was funny). I told Ash she smelled like old Doritos, she told me I smelled like taco seasoning, and Kyle announced that he had used bacon instead of deodorant that morning.

There's probably a million more, but I can't remember them all right now.

You and me both in respect to Dramamine on Diamondback ERT on RWCW. THAT would have been nice.

It wasn't that Reptar was shaky so much as it was my 10th roller coaster ride within about 3 hours when I was used to riding AT MOST 6 or 7 coasters in a day up to that point. RWCW was my first enthusiast event and my family always seemed to take me to KI on busy Saturdays, so my stomach wasn't agreeing with me before I got on Reptar. That was the last time I rode it and I think I can go without riding it again unless it's absolutely necessary due to the rattly ride it gives.

If it makes you feel better, I once saw an adult puke after riding Little Bill (that sounds dirty). I've also seen a protein spill on Cedar Creek Mine Ride...

There is also another joke between Ash (Ashers), Kyle (kjkjkj), and I. Ash and I had been drinking, and we smelled something really bad so we started joking about how bad our group smelled (we didn't, but it was funny). I told Ash she smelled like old Doritos, she told me I smelled like taco seasoning, and Kyle announced that he had used bacon instead of deodorant that morning.

LOL Good times! My pits are still fresh and bacon-y. Any time I smell stale cool ranch doritos, I think of the line for The Crypt haha.

At this ripe old age, I have never smelled stale Cool Ranch Doritos. And I hope I never shall.

Now there was this time there was an extremely flatulent, corpulent "gentleman" in front of us in a coaster queue at Hersheypark, emitting gaseous explosions literally every ten seconds or less. I was concerned that some of those explosions might not be limited to only gases. I was literally relieved that no one in the area was smoking. Did I mention he also had apparently last applied deodorant in the prior decade? Sigh.

At this ripe old age, I have never smelled stale Cool Ranch Doritos. And I hope I never shall.

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever smelled ACTUAL stale Cool Ranch Doritos. That's just what we were saying for the joke. So I guess a more accurate way of putting it would be, smelling any kind of Cool Ranch Doritos bring back memories of that day. :lol:

Well it started in 2008 when I was at CP with my friend Ben that worked there. We were in line for seat 1-1 on Millie, and it was a blazing hot day. This dude in front of us was wearing a sleeveless shirt, and he stunk like armpit. Every time the train blew past the station, it blew the stench around. Ben said "eww, he smells like old Cool Ranch Doritos." So I basically brought an inside CP joke to KI and turned it into an inside joke there too. B)

Just remember two I use! Sorry if I offend anyone, but I'm not trying to mean it on a rude way. I call Avatar "Avatard" and Runaway Reptar "Runaway Reptard." And there is one other but I know I'll offend people and get int trouble so I'll just keep it to myself... ;)

actually you do mean it in a rude way. If you are using it to describe something as you dont like it then its no better than calling it "gay." I work with developmentally disabled and just by grouping anything bad or dumb in the "retard" group you are putting down an entire group of people.... so stop, before you really P off a guy who has a developmentally disabled person in their family and they decide to take out there anger on your face....

haha Im way too mellow and my apologies if it sounded like a threat. I wouldnt do anything but family members of people I work around would do more than threaten.... just a little pet peeve of mine. People are way too smart to show a lack of education by calling anything "Gay" or "retarded"....... ug..... going to go calm down now... back to the topic...

Good to know i am not the only one who needs a staple remover. laugh.gif

Anyways, did you know Glad garbage bags are a big sponsor of Kings Island?