Kings Island "Inside Jokes"

CedarPointer

A nickname I gave Firehawk was SpongeBob 2.0 because of the way the seats go down into the flight position.

Opening Day for the Hawk, Amy and I are strapped into the train awaiting our first flight. We go down into our flight position and then...nothing. They lift us back into our seated and upright positions to see what's wrong. After assuming everything's fine, they lay us back down again and then...nothing. Again. We are lifted back up again and they say they are having technical difficulties (this is when they were only running one side of the station). By the third time we went back down, I yell out, "This is better than SpongeBob!" The whole train and half the station cracks up at this.

Another nickname we have for the Hawk is the Dangit! Coaster. This is due to 60% of the time we want to ride the Hawk, the ride is down, and down for quite a while, of which we scream out, "Dangit!" and walk 10 feet to Flight of Fear.

• Like 1

DuQza.jpg

Courtesy of my good ol' McDougal Littell Geometry book, the same book that talked about "the Milenium Force". Does anyone else notice the three major problems with this "water ride"? And, if this is part of it, I wonder what the rest looks like!

This reminds me of when my science teacher claimed that all roller coasters stop for two seconds at the top of the lift, the top of a loop, and the top of a hill....

When we pile into the van, and no destination was given to the rest of the family, we call it Adventure Express. Then, when my daughter is driving, we call it Flight of Fear. Do those count? I know this is coming from a Fairly Odd family who all suffer from Invertigo, has a sink that drains as quick as a Vortex, and who's head of the house is a real Beast (not to mention, his male off-spring, the Son of Beast). Now, I think I'll crawl back into my Crypt for a nap!

LOL Please every one give a big hand for Hank, and remember to tip your waiters and waitress. And never ever try and pet a KI employee They will bite...:)

This reminds me of when my science teacher claimed that all roller coasters stop for two seconds at the top of the lift, the top of a loop, and the top of a hill....

Last year, we watched the Diamondback POV in my science class, and worked out some simple physics problems about the ride. I miss freshman science. :P

"86 the frosted flakes"

While staying at the run down Days Inn Kings Island, we made a joke about getting to breakfast promptly at 6 a.m. in order to get first dibs on the minimal amount of food they would likely serve. After we returned to our room, I made it look like I was going to steal her generous portion of Frosted Flakes from her bowl. While she was defending, she knocked the entire contents allllll over the floor, and giggles "86 the frosted flakes." It was hilarious because she just learned the restaurant lingo a few hours prior and went to Kings Island without a snack.

• Like 1