World's most popular beagle arrives at Kings Island

coaster_junky

I find it somewhat ironic so many are missing Scooby so much, when the big HB hits when the park opened were Fred, Wilma and Dino...who have been gradually leaving the park for some time now. Early KI logos were often accompanied by Fred and Wilma and the gang. Change happens.

I still miss the old English font that Kings Island appeared in, that Paramount did away with, and that I had hoped Cedar Fair would have the wisdom to reinstate. It did not.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the official Facebook page of Kings Island:

Planet Snoopy UPDATE: MAR 2, 2010!

Food options in Planet Snoopy range from traditional amusement park favorites such as hamburgers, chicken tenders, corndogs and a kids meal at the Planet Snoopy Grill, to treats including popcorn and cotton candy at Snoopy’s Snack Shack.

There’s also snow cones and smoothies at Snoopy’s Snow Cone stand, and of course, Kings Island’s famous blueberry ice cream. A new live stage show, “Charlie Brown’s Hoedown”, takes place in the PEANUTS Playhouse. Charlie Brown, Lucy and Linus head over toe Grandma’s house in this song-filled family adventure. Be sure to pay a visit to Snoopy’s Boutique. Here you’ll find a treasure trove of PEANUTS character and Kings Island merchandise for kids of all ages.

Keep an eye on the Planet Snoopy CONSTRUCTION PHOTO GALLERY as you'll notice an increase in activity now.

I would imagine that Planet Snoopy Grill is in the old Central Grill; Snoopy's Snack Shack is the Krusty Krab Snack Shack; Snoopy's Boutique is the Nickelodeon Store or whatever it was called.

I am so pleased to see so many healthy choices for our children...since so many mommies and daddies care so much about what our little ones eat these days...Fruit: apples, grapes, mandarin oranges...salads, vegetables....

Oh, wait...

You mean these options aren't available in the kids' section of the park? When did they take those out? wink.gif

Yet another reason to have a parking lot picnic... we can pack healthier options than what's available in the park! I'm just glad that GatorGirl has better eating habits than I do...

It is not the station for what is formerly Rugrats Runaway Reptar, in my opinion. I don't remember or think the station would have a tiled floor, there appears to be vents on the floor in the background, and the supports don't look like station supports. I don't see track, but possibly a support, in the store. It appears to be a part of a disassembled flat ride in the background (it reminds me of an arm from Scrambler, but it isn't). It could be in the store because it is a nice open, spacious area, covered from the elements, and the rides are taken apart anyways, so it wasn't too much of a hastle to move it there.

I find it somewhat ironic so many are missing Scooby so much, when the big HB hits when the park opened were Fred, Wilma and Dino...who have been gradually leaving the park for some time now. Early KI logos were often accompanied by Fred and Wilma and the gang. Change happens.

I still miss the old English font that Kings Island appeared in, that Paramount did away with, and that I had hoped Cedar Fair would have the wisdom to reinstate. It did not.

Scooby is an Icon! The Flintstones aren't ''big'' anymore and sadly Hanna-Barbera is no more they merged with Warner Bros. But you knew this..Besides Scooby-Doo has always been a hit with kids and adults.If I had to pick between Snoopy and Scooby for the kiddieland's new theme guess who I would pick.

I remember when I was little and seeing Scrappy-Doo theming at Kings Island you don't see that anymore but I understand what your saying I miss Scooby-Doo already and the season hasn't started.BTW which reminds me, anyone see the new Scrappy-Doo meet and greet character that six flags Texas has? I was shocked to see him roam the park with Shaggy and Scooby-Doo!