Kings Island's 5@5 Q&A Thread

bkroz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back into this topic with the response about Flight Deck, i can see how painting Flight Deck would not have been in the winter rehab budget.......BUT......IMO, although i love the fireworks, im sure all of us could sacrifice a few select nights. Couldnt the park just skip the fireworks on a select few nights and regain the money saved for paint? Small consumer fireworks are outrageously expensive as it is, i can only imagine how much the park forks out for fireworks. ONLY A FEW NIGHTS THOUGH!tongue.gif

Note: I do realize there is a contract with Rozzi, but isnt it changed/and/or renewed yearly?

KIBOB, just a thought

Going back into this topic with the response about Flight Deck, i can see how painting Flight Deck would not have been in the winter rehab budget.......BUT......IMO, although i love the fireworks, im sure all of us could sacrifice a few select nights. Couldnt the park just skip the fireworks on a select few nights and regain the money saved for paint? Small consumer fireworks are outrageously expensive as it is, i can only imagine how much the park forks out for fireworks. ONLY A FEW NIGHTS THOUGH!tongue.gif

Note: I do realize there is a contract with Rozzi, but isnt it changed/and/or renewed yearly?

KIBOB, just a thought

What about all the little kids they love fireworks! 

im sure all of us could sacrifice a few select nights. Couldnt the park just skip the fireworks on a select few nights and regain the money saved for paint?

While KI is a regional park and it's not quite as big of an issue as something like Walt Disney World, how would you feel if you visited Kings Island on your only trip of the year only to find out you're there on one of the fireworks "off nights". Just a thought. I know you're just stating hypothetically.

im sure all of us could sacrifice a few select nights. Couldnt the park just skip the fireworks on a select few nights and regain the money saved for paint?

While KI is a regional park and it's not quite as big of an issue as something like Walt Disney World, how would you feel if you visited Kings Island on your only trip of the year only to find out you're there on one of the fireworks "off nights". Just a thought. I know you're just stating hypothetically.

Actually, this did come to mind shortly after i posted. It was one of those "Oh, wait...." moments, but i think that something would have to be put in place to warn ticket buyers/visitors in advance of the hypothetical certain days.

I think you underestimate the cost to paint a major steel coaster. I doubt that canceling a MONTH of fireworks would pay for it...plus, Kings Island is the last US seasonal park that has fireworks nearly every night. I'd hate to see that end...and once it was ended for any reason, the temptation not to restart it would be nearly impossible for some in senior management to resist.

Yes, please don't give the park any ideas about cancelling the fireworks! That was one of the most memorable times of the day at Kings Island in my childhood. Sitting by the fountains watching the fireworks and hearing the Top Gun Anthem playing. B)

Im just standing up for one certain neglected ride, anyways, i would not like to see the fireworks go and can see just how overpriced a gallon of coaster grade paint would be. The fireworks are wonderfull and i would also never forgive the park for getting rid of them. Remember, i was just stating a "what if.....possibly"scenario, and just a few nights of no-show fireworks, not a week, nor month, nor season.

Anyways, getting back on topic, to add to the questions already asked of The Crypt, i asked if there was any possibility that more efffects and a return of water effects would be in The Crypts future (not referring to just this year).

(P.S. Trying to word this post as best as possible)wink.gif

EDIT-^I forgot all about that, and i feel full gratitude to those people who risk themselves for that dangerous line of work.unsure.gif To make due, and for all of those who remember TG anthem and the fireworks laugh.gif :

Watch the first video on mute, while playing the second video simultaneously (or just watch the music video, it, in itself is awesome)happy.gif

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=doLoD8VvWuQ

Q: Tyler Nusky - Will the new Pretzel stand replace an exisiting stand?

A: The Pretzel Shop will be located on International Street, where the BBQ stand was last year. You will be able to watch your pretzel being made by hand.

This answer confused me. I don't remember there being a BBQ stand on International Street last season. Can anybody enlighten me as to where this location was?

Awesome! They answered my question! I ate there last year, it wasent a very amazing place.

Sigh...now you went and done it.

I miss Paramount Parks....

Sob.

And I miss GRAND music on International Street...

I do miss PKI during the Viacom years in the early 2000's in my opinion the park was really finding it's calling and developing into a premier seasonal park. CBS ownership was awful and I am glad they are gone, but Cedar Fair needs to realize that not everyone wants a Cedar Point.

Not quite. Most of the stuff in there is small and interchangeable. That particular location has undergone several renovations food-wise, with ICEES and regular pretzels being the dominant choice of fine amusement park cuisine.

Also, the BBQ stand has had a knack for not staying in the same place for too long. If it's not in that building, it's usually 10 feet away on a cart. And if it's not there, it's located on the opposite side of Outer Hank's next to the bathrooms. It's just like the Kahn's Hot Dog Stand; it's usually either in Coney Mall next to Coke Toss or in Boomerang Bay opposite the restrooms next to Outback Shack.

I think it's neat that they asked for my input too. It surprised me actually! I am glad they did though, so I could give them some of my opinions and ideas.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20863&pid=364520&st=0entry364520

I forgot all about that topic! You should post a link to it on the KI facebook

Wow lol. Do I feel like an idiot! For some reason I thought that was your old topic about how you wanted a group of KICers to fix up the scenery on the train for free.

Q: KYLE JOYCE - Has the park ever thought about calling in a Paranormal Investigating team to find out if the park is truly haunted, like many people believe it is?

A: Paranormal Investigating teams have been out to the park. These groups have at times been excited by what they've picked up with their gagets and such, but they've not been able to produce any real, concrete evidence the park is truly haunted.

---------------------------

Q: BOBBY CRAWFORD - Is there any possibility that the Crypt may receive some new effects and possibly a reintroduction of the water effects in the future?

A: We appreciate all the questions, comments and suggestions about the Crypt this week. What we've heard this week from our FB fans will be shared and discussed with others at the park.

Q: BRETT FEHR - What needs to happen to prepare the park for the opening day each year?

A: The day the season ends preparations for the next season begins. The cars for each of the roller coaster trains and rides like the Scrambler, Dodgem, etc. are completely dismantled and rebuilt over the winter. Track work on all the coasters takes place. In March the park begins testing the rides. There's also work that gets done to several of the buildings, whether that's painting, intalling new countertops, or total reconstruction.

Q: JAMES TUCKER - What are the chances of seeing the return of the Antique Cars (or something similiar) in the coming years? Any chance at all?

A: There's always a chance, but it wouldn't be something you'd likely see in the foreseeable future. If a ride like the Antique Cars were to be brought back, where do you suggest putting it?

Q: LARKEN PARR - Do you know when they are going to announce the names of the Planet Snoopy rides?

A: Larken, the names of all the rides and attractions in Planet Snoopy will be announced soon. Very soon! As a fan of Kings Island on Facebook, you'll be one of the first to know.

Q: Nicholas Himes - What's the possibility of that The Beast could get the new timberliner trains in the near future?

A: After 30 years of annually being ranked as one of the best wooden roller coasters in the world, if it ain't broke why fix it?

DO NOT TELL ME THIS GUY JUST WENT THERE!!! The Beast is a classic wood coaster, adding those to The Beast would be destroying heritage/historical value. in my eyes, this Nicholas Himes does not apreciate (sp?) history. in order to move forwards, one must understand the history behind things. as ive heard countless times "thoughs who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."

Q: BOBBY CRAWFORD - Is there any possibility that the Crypt may receive some new effects and possibly a reintroduction of the water effects in the future?

A: We appreciate all the questions, comments and suggestions about the Crypt this week. What we've heard this week from our FB fans will be shared and discussed with others at the park.

Hey, they answered mine!smile.gif I find this quite interesting, as all of the questions about the Crypt seem to be making the park think about it a bit more. After all, didnt one answer state something like "we base our ideas for improvements and new attractions from our guests and what the common people think and want" maybe if more and more people express concern for the ride, we may actually have a better ride, rather than a good themed que that leads to a garage.