What if PKI moved from Ohio?

italianchef

Here is a very science fiction question. What if PKI moved from Ohio to a far off state and took all of its rides and attractions with it and the land would NOT be used for amusement? How would it change your life?

If PKI disappeared, the nearest major amusement park to me would be Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - 2 hours away. So I'd probably visit it once or twice a year (and I visit PKI at least 3 times/month). Additionally, I'd visit Coney Island and The Beach Water Park more often. And I'd probably visit The Cincinnati Art Museum more often too. Additionally, I'd be very sad.

How about the rest of you? If PKI left Ohio and went FAR FAR away, how would your life be changed?

Edited by italianchef

I'd probably find myself at Kentucky Kingdom a few times a month. It's all relevent really.. I mean, I used to think that PKI was a long drive (I live in northern KY) but now it's like a trip around the block. I suppose driving to Louisville would become that same way.

I drove past Kentucky Kingdom last night when I was down there for fire school. It's kind of odd.. I mean, if you guys are coming from the south and you pass the Fields Ertle exit and can start to see DZ and the tower, don't you kind of get a euphoric sensation? When driving by KK, you don't really get that. I mean, it's like a plot of land with rollercoasters on it.. that's it. It may just be my nostalgia because I have great memories of waiting all year for my yearly visit to the park when I was younger, but it really seems like you can feel PKI's personality from miles away..

I would be really depressed... Although, my wallet would surely be glad it was gone laugh.gif

Seriousally tho. There honestly isint much to do in Ohio. In the summer, all i ever do is eat, sleep, work, and PKI. Theres the occasional concert, and the once-in-a-while road trip.. but all in all, I go to PKI in the summer more than anything else I do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If PKI moved away now:

I'd lose my job, bummer!

I'd have to go to CP for my world class coaster thrills (lets face it, SFKK doesnt count as "world class") and I would only visit it once every 2 years or so.

If PKI never was in Ohio:

I'd never get hooked on coasters. I mean, PKI was where I rode my first real coaster (Racer).

I wouldn't have met you all!

I wouldn't work at an amusement park.

Without PKI I'd only ride roller coasters 3-4 times a year and have to drive 2 hours south at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom to do so. Without Kings Island I wouldn't be less 45 minutes away from the adrenilin rush I get whenever I ride The Beast. And w/o PKI...I wouldn't have met all the groovy people on these forums.

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

biggrin.gif