Boo Blasters 3D Glasses

Oldiesmann

I noticed last night that the 3D glasses for Boo Blasters are made by a company called American Paper Optics, and was curious as to how much the park (or Cedar Fair) was actually making off those things at $1 a pair.

After doing a little research, it appears that they may not be making too much off them (unless Sally Rides is footing the bill, which is unlikely).

The cost for 1000 pairs of the 3D glasses sold for Boo Blasters is $862 with shipping. The park is selling them at $1 per pair. That means the park would make a whopping $138 off 1000 pairs of glasses. Hardly seems worth their efforts...

plus, other rides in the Cedar Fair chain have the option of purchasing 3-d glasses (disaster transport comes to mind).

is there another price break with a higher amount of glasses purchased? if so, they could buy in extreme bulk and just distribute where need be.

if Kings Island is paying for their park's only, i think they should ditch the 3-d glasses and go with some stickers to place on backlot's coaster trains to make them look a little bit more like a car and not a blob with wheels.

We rode early in he morning and I never noticed where they were being sold honestly forgot about it also. I loved the ride as did my wife (who got startled by one effect). If they only sold 1,000 pairs a day, that will still make around $15,000 for the season. I'm sure they will sell more than 1,000 pairs a day and as goodyellowkorn says, $ > 0.

I have this theory that the amount of blasters that work depends on how many people are on the car. I think this because at one point I rode it with one other person and only two of the blasters worked. Another time I rode it I rode it by myself and only one of the blasters worked.

Anybody know if my theory is right?

I have this theory that the amount of blasters that work depends on how many people are on the car. I think this because at one point I rode it with one other person and only two of the blasters worked. Another time I rode it I rode it by myself and only one of the blasters worked.

Anybody know if my theory is right?

There is more then one boo mobile.