Beast Issues on 5/15 and 5/16 2010

kinserman11

Does anyone know if the problems with The Beast got worked out this weekend? I was at the park Sat. and Sun and Beast was down when I arrived around 3 o'clock. Maintenance got it going again about an hour later, I got 1 lap in, then it went down again around 7 or so and stayed that way the rest of the night, and Sun. through 1 o'clock when I had to head back to Indiana. In 20 years of riding Beast, I've never seen it down such an extended period of time. Just curious if anyone has any info. Thanks

Has anyone heard anything more about this? The reason I'm axing is purely selfish.. I'm driving nearly 5 hours to be there this weekend. With sob down, and my bad expierience there last year I hope The Beast is open!!

I would call the park before you leave to make sure they got it worked out, especially if that is the attraction you really wanted to ride!

Has anyone heard anything more about this? The reason I'm axing is purely selfish.. I'm driving nearly 5 hours to be there this weekend. With sob down, and my bad expierience there last year I hope The Beast is open!!

I would call the park before you leave to make sure they got it worked out, especially if that is the attraction you really wanted to ride!

If you did call the park, I highly doubt they would be able to give you a definitive answer.

Thanks! I've found the park to be hard to get a hold of, or not 100 percent honest about things. I had really bad time last year I'll try calling them Friday afternoon before I leave, hopefully they will give me an honest answer. I can't handle writing a complaint to Mr. K that probably makes it way straight to his trash can (i've only wrote him once before btw), just never got a responce

Ok, so I took your advice and called. Whoever I spoke with acknowleged the issues with it last weekend, but said it would be " up and running, and to come to the park and have fun" :)

Hopefully they are correct and you have a great time!! Give us a trip report when you get back! smile.gif

There removing the trims! Haha just kidding.

Anyways I was at the park Saturday and it was not open when I got there which was around 6. It was probably just a mechanical problem nothing big.

it was definately down all evening saturday. i went by at 945 to get a night ride, and it was closed for the night with a trash can and a standing employee...

I completely understand that they have no way of knowing if it will operate. I mean some act of gawd could occur that would render it unrideable. When they tell me it will operate I assume they already have the problem resolved. I hope this isn't pr mumbo jumbo. I just really love The Beast. I would love DB but when I asked for front row seats, after having people line jump all day I was refused, argh! I really need The Beast to be open :)