New Sign for Planet Snoopy

brick52

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things. First, the poles that are nearly 4.5' tall have not been cut in half. Those are simply the bases for the larger flag poles.

Secondly, it isn`t stucco that they are putting up, but rather a version of EIFS (Exterior Insulation Finishing System). Stucco is normally applied in three separate coatings, while EIFS is usually a thin synthetic coating applied over insulation (the white column is wrapped in styrofoam, which is wrapped over the Densglass Gold sheathing (the yellow stuff on the right in the above image).

And the reason why it is taking so long for the work on this arch and the flags? The park is open daily now, so all work has to be performed in the morning hours prior to the park opening, or overnight when the park is closed. Labor is more expensive if the work is being done at night. So naturally, there is only so much that can be done in the twelve hours that the park is closed everyday.

Good point. He is right about the poles. The bases were securely fastened in the asphalt then a outer Sleeve of approx 12' were placed over top of them. Makes it very secure.

It is the same principle installing a major sized flag pole. Usually a PVC pipe is put into the ground surrounded by concrete. Once dry the flag pole which is a smaller in size slides down inside the pvc. At that point sand is used to level the flag pole inside the pvc sleeve. Another reason they do this is because of winds and weather. the pole itself can actually move and spin.

You know, I find it really funny how towards the end of last year, many on these boards were questioning Kings Island and CF's attempt at retheming Nick Universe due to CF's past track record when it comes to theming. Now, in the midst of the 2010 season, I think that they did an outstanding job on Planet Snoopy. The area looks great and Boo Blasters is in my opinion, not scary, but awesome. What I also find funny is the fact that many were thinking that the transition would be a quick band-aid type of deal (a bit of new paint) when in reallity, the park does'nt even seem to be finished with the area. This new sign, the flagpoles, and new banners showing up proves this theory.

KIBOB, who has been a little off topic lately, but likes to express great things......

You know, I find it really funny how towards the end of last year, many on these boards were questioning Kings Island and CF's attempt at retheming Nick Universe due to CF's past track record when it comes to theming. Now, in the midst of the 2010 season, I think that they did an outstanding job on Planet Snoopy. The area looks great and Boo Blasters is in my opinion, not scary, but awesome. What I also find funny is the fact that many were thinking that the transition would be a quick band-aid type of deal (a bit of new paint) when in reallity, the park does'nt even seem to be finished with the area. This new sign, the flagpoles, and new banners showing up proves this theory.

KIBOB, who has been a little off topic lately, but likes to express great things......

Maybe they realized waiting until February to start rehauling the kids' area was a bad idea and they have to work through the regular season to finish up.

Though, why they decide to start work on a new sign NOW, during the regular season, and not in the pre-season where a lot more work can be done during the week (which is why major work on Haunt doesn't start until after Labor Day Weekend) is beyond me.