Formula Rossa

Hi, I guess this could be "The Formula Rossa Discussion Thread" but does anyone think that their ever will be a coaster built to be faster than Formula Rossa or their won't. In my opinion there could be but if anything tops 149.1 mph I think you that most people would easily blackout. It's sad to say but the opening of this rollercoaster will note there probably won't ever be another coaster wars. The insane speeds of this coaster just won't be beaten...

• Like 1

you really and truly never know, somewhere there will most likely be company that presents a park a design (or vice versa), and if the price is right, it could happen.

i mean, who ever thought that a coaster would go over 100 mph and be over 400' tall? i know i never thought that, but then again i was only eight when that happened.:P

I taller roller coaster would work. It could be 600 feet tall, with a 600 foot drop; but a ton of trims (HA like we don't have enough already) so you don't blackout.

I don't think roller coaster wars are going to be for speed; I think it will be for making a new, original kind of ride experience that will blow your minds away.

What I'm saying is that at some point a coaster will be so fast if anything were to be faster it would cause more positive G's than the human body can withstand...

i understand that too, all i'm saying is that with these things, more and more safety things are taken into consideration, for example, top thrill has magnetic brakes so the option of a brake failure isn't truly there, and formula rossa is going to have a safety measure, all riders must where safety goggles.

as long as things do keep getting taller and faster, which i agree that i don't see it happening much longer, more and more safety measures will be put into place for the riders safety.

A taller coaster would work. I just couldn't see a faster one with Formula Rossa. On the Ferrari World website it says that Formula Rossa is going to be so fast all riders must wear safety goggles.

EDIT- coaster_junky already said that FR riders must wear safety goggles. He just posted before me...

• Like 1

What I'm saying is that at some point a coaster will be so fast if anything were to be faster it would cause more positive G's than the human body can withstand...

What about Top Fuel dragsters that go 0-300 in 4 seconds, or jet aircraft?

The goggles are needed because this coaster is being built in an area that can experience blowing sand. The park is indoors with the exception of the run of the coaster. Getting sand in your eye at any speed is painful, but at nearly 150 mph it could be blinding.

If I'm correct, way back in the day it was thought that the human body couldn't withstand speeds of 30 mph or it would collapse into itself or something really ridiculous like that. I don't know where I heard it, but it obviously isn't true! haha

That shows that technology is possible of anything. Drag cars go 350 mph, so who says a coaster can't go 170 mph or 180 mph? Anything's possible, and the sky's the limit (literally).

And you guys say the SOB was so bad and rough, wait until lawyers get their hands on law suits over guests injuried on those super duper coasters that are way too fast and way too high. Guests with back and neck problems ride these coasters we have now and do not even read the warnings or do not care less but they can't wait to sue when they find themselves injuried because they don't care. I have spinal issues and I know better not to ride coasters or any ride that might cause me further problems. These rides just cost way too much dollars for parks to justify building them in today's economy plus after the new ride looses it sex appeal after a couple of years and the question then becomes, "when are we getting a new super duper roller coaster?" Parks are going after the family crowd and attracting the vacation traveler that might stay a couple of days once a year. Hence Kings Island atracting guests with their kids area like Planet Snoopy.

The speed will probably be broken. Height? Probably not for a while.

Especially because, in the days of Magnum and Millennium Force, the only reasonable way to increase speed was to increase height, and vice versa. Today, the two are independant measures, and do not rely on eachother at all.

The two pending fastest coasters on Earth barely crest 150 feet tall.

Meanwhile, a coaster that's 300 feet tall doesn't even touch 80 mph... Or so they say...

Regardless, I think tall coasters will always be more marketable than solely fast ones. I feel like people want to know they've conquered something huge more than they want to brag about how fast they went.

"An important thing to remember is that we haven't reached the limits of height and speed, but acceleration has reached its peak."

- Werner Stengel

And you guys say the SOB was so bad and rough, wait until lawyers get their hands on law suits over guests injuried on those super duper coasters that are way too fast and way too high. Guests with back and neck problems ride these coasters we have now and do not even read the warnings or do not care less but they can't wait to sue when they find themselves injuried because they don't care. I have spinal issues and I know better not to ride coasters or any ride that might cause me further problems. These rides just cost way too much dollars for parks to justify building them in today's economy plus after the new ride looses it sex appeal after a couple of years and the question then becomes, "when are we getting a new super duper roller coaster?" Parks are going after the family crowd and attracting the vacation traveler that might stay a couple of days once a year. Hence Kings Island atracting guests with their kids area like Planet Snoopy.

Son of Beast injured people do to poor construction. If the ride was built better it would still be running without any problems.

Thrill Rides are built with safety as the number one priority. As others have said, Formula Rossa doesn't reach any higher than 2 (3?) Gs, that's about the same as what you experience on The Racer.

It's true that roller coasters aren't necessary for an economy, but people still spend their money on entertainment and travel. It's true that vacation and tourism has declined in the past few years, but that's to be expected.

Many parks, like Cedar Point, rely on appeal to stay open. Why put in the standard kiddie and family rides you can find at any neighborhood park when you can build something worth traveling too? Parks like King's Island are located near/in large cities. Here at KI we have Cincinnati, Dayton, Louisville... At Cedar Point they have Sandusky and Toledo. So Cedar Point is obviously more bent on building rides which will spark national attention. Then you have a park like Holiday World, which is a traditional, local park that has attracted itself attention by building the Voyage.

Spending money to make money has never been more true than it is now in the amusement park business. If you don't build anything... they won't come.