Kentucky Kingdom

I did not realize that KI passes were selling for that much right now. Still, $100 for Kentucky Kingdom seems a little high. Especially with parking not included. I renewed my Dollywood pass back in December (I know that it was their "early season special," for I think $93 or so, and that pass did not include parking. But Dollywood is arguably a lot nicer park then Kentucky Kingdom. Just look at all the live shows and special events that Dollywood has.

• Like 2

Kings Islands regular pass does not include parking and I believe parking was almost $20 last year for Kings Island if you did not have a gold/platinum pass. Granted, Kings Island has more to do but I don't think 100 is too much to ask for a season especially considering they had it on 40% discount for so long.

• Like 2

If you buy a KK season pass at their normal rate ($100), and visit 3 times or so to get the "value" of the pass...you're looking at $24 worth of parking for 3 visits (And you have surpassed the price of KI's Gold Pass). Visit 10 times in 1 year (which will be what many locals may do) and it's $80 total for parking (and have surpassed Holiday World's pricing in doing so).

It could still be a good value for locals, since that $80 could be gas saved for not driving far to further parks, but if you DON'T live nearby...a season pass doesn't look as appealing all of a sudden.

• Like 4

It was said in one of the stories that Amazon had booked the park on May 17 and their employees will be the first to try out the rides. Also on ACE facebook it said they are supposed to be making a pittstop on the day. So I guess they are joining in on the fun.

The park however opens to the public on May 24.

• Like 2

Wow. After reading two of those articles it's like the media doesn't proof read or double check facts. Deep Water Dive is the correct name, not Deep Water Drop as said in WDRB article. The Tornado is not one of the new slides and has been there since the removal of the Quake, contrary to WLKY's article.

• Like 3

Welcome to journalism in 2014.

Same as it always has been.

On one side, yes the reporter should have done more research, but on the other there may be more articles on this reporters docket that are more important or interesting to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Height limits on all rides and water attractions have been posted

http://www.kentuckykingdom.com/attractions/thrill/

The ride manufacturers have increased the height limits on several rides it seems. I don't remember having to be 54 inches to ride the Himalaya

When flying scooters where at Kings Island did that ride have a weight limit? You can't weigh more than 170 pounds on the one at Kentucky Kingdom

170 pounds? I've never heard of a weight limit that low, or indeed one at all, on Flying Scooters. I've been on scooters with people who weigh close to 300 in the same car as me. Heck, I'm a small guy and I barely meet that limit myself, coming in at 162. The only reason I can think of for that low of a limit is if they are seeing it strictly as a children's ride, but even then there are much better ways to do that (e.g. set a maximum height above which you must be accompanied by an child, like KI does).

• Like 4

Are there errors on the site? 56" to ride Roller Skater alone? Yet only 48" for Thunder Run? 54" and 60" to ride Bounty and Himalaya alone? 56" for the Giant Wheel? These all seem like a little much and most of the flats seem to have jumped from 48" to 54", unless they are going to be operated in a more intense manner I don't see why everything has gone up.

• Like 2

I believe there was a serious incident at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom before it closed. Also, chain operators with many parks are often given more deference than new operators with a single park, and no recent track record.

If this is a true statement. Lets say the Kingdom has a very successful run as far as attendance and safety. Would you think it possible in the next 6-10 years the height requirement if not back to how they were before, would go down any?