Canada's Wonderland 2012

Diamondback, tallest coaster in Southeast Ohio.

Wait... they moved Diamondback? I was just at KI on Sunday and it was still there! When did this happen? Please tell me it was anywhere but Athens, OH! (Diamondback is located in southwest Ohio ;))

Except what other major theme parks are in Canada- none.

I've never been there, but with some of the coasters they have in their lineup I thought La Ronde could be considered a major park. Plus It's in the chain that numbers it's flags...

Gator, just havin' a little fun with ya! ;)

I think this is a great step for B&M. They FINALLY are getting into the giga business, which will mean more parks will probably start receiving giga's now. If you look in coaster history, Arrow created the hyper coaster..., but who has built the most??? (Hint: B&M ;) Parks will know have 2 major choices for a giga coaster ( I don't consider Chance-Morgan major competition..). Major park corporations are familiar with both, and both know that B&M's are more reliable. It'll be interesting IF Kings Island will follow, like what happened with Diamondback.

There has been complaining that this is similar to Behemoth... I would say no. This coaster is more low to the ground, with speed hills, rather than tall airtime hills. The only problem I have is the trims.....

I thought the same thing Teenageninja, but refrained from saying it, because I thought there would be backlash because the two you mention are from different manufacturers, where as CW's two coasters are both B&M's.

IMO about the only thing i think compares between Lev. and Behemoth are that they are B&M's. One goes out over a few hills, loops around, comes back over a few hills, ends in a helix. The other goes down the first hill takes a hard right "barrel roll", hugs the ground, loops around goes through 2 high speed turns with a hill in the middle before returning to the station. The ride layouts are nothing a like.

• Like 1

I am not trying to be mean to people, but I am getting tired of mentioning Behemoth with this. If they changed the track to Intamin Giga and changed the trains, would you be happy? This ride looks insane, and I am glad Canadas Wonderland is getting a Giga. With the seats, height, and the low to the ground turns, I think this won't be anything like Behemoth. After seeing the price tag on this, it really made me think that Kings Island isn't getting much of anything next year. I mean Diamondback was 23 Million and this is 28. Wow. I am also glad to see B and M going past 300.

And I really agree with KingsRattler, I think the only thing similar between Behemoth and this is that they are B and M's. Even with the trims, I think with the speed and how the trains are designed, they will still whip over the hills for some good airtime.

Good job Canadas Wonderland. Great addition for you guys.

Stop mentioning Behemoth, they are 2 different rides.

^

BEHEMOTH BEHEMOTH BEHEMOTH BEHEMOTH BEHEMOTH X99999!!! :P

LOL. In all seriousness, this looks cool- I had a feeling, some day, B&M would go over 300 feet. And yes, it does look completley different from Behemoth, like how Millennium Force at CP is completley different from Magnum XL200- Milennium focuses on speed with low-to-the-ground turns, while Magnum is all about hills and airtime. This is a similar concept, or so it looks that way from the preview images.

However, how do you advertise Behemoth now? It was marketed as "the tallest coaster in Canada!". And if the same things happens to KI (we get a B&M Giga)...Diamondback, still "tallest, fastest, meanest?". I guess you could advertise about how much airtime they have, but...

If they changed the track to Intamin Giga and changed the trains, would you be happy?

Yes I would, they should add a cherry on top too.

It's nice to see B&M step out of their play-book. I love the speed hills, you don't see that in many B&M's, but then again this is B&M's first Giga. It's also nice to see the 1st generation trains! Congrats B&M we can finally stay awake for a whole ride :P

Oh and by the way, Behemoth.

Have you guys ever heard of this saying in basketball?: one good 3 deserves another? Picture a full high school gym, packed with fans from two towns for a basketball game. The away team hits a three, and their fans go wild. Then right after that the home hits a three and the home team fans get even wilder. Same thing here with Behemoth and Leviathan.

Yanno, I love Giga coasters and what not, but yanno, speed is speed to me, I want new coasters that have loops and inversions now. I can only go up and down on hills and high banked turns so much lol. I wanna go upside down! But hooray for Canada getting this awesome coaster. Off topic, I was bored last night and was playing on google maps and I never realized how spacious and huge Kings Island is compared to other parks. Canadas Wonderland looks so...smushed and small compared to KI! Never realized it lol. I think that is why I love The Beast so much because there arent many coasters that go through the woods like that which totally adds to its charm ;D.

I am not trying to be mean to people, but I am getting tired of mentioning Behemoth with this. If they changed the track to Intamin Giga and changed the trains, would you be happy? This ride looks insane, and I am glad Canadas Wonderland is getting a Giga. With the seats, height, and the low to the ground turns, I think this won't be anything like Behemoth. After seeing the price tag on this, it really made me think that Kings Island isn't getting much of anything next year. I mean Diamondback was 23 Million and this is 28. Wow. I am also glad to see B and M going past 300.

And I really agree with KingsRattler, I think the only thing similar between Behemoth and this is that they are B and M's. Even with the trims, I think with the speed and how the trains are designed, they will still whip over the hills for some good airtime.

I disagree. I completely believe that we are next in line for a new major coaster. We need one just as bad as CW did. Either that or SoB refurbishment. I mean, CF is doing better financially now. They can afford it. Just think about it. I305 and Initimidator were added the same year. Next year, we get a new one and so does CP.

I disagree. I completely believe that we are next in line for a new major coaster. We need one just as bad as CW did. Either that or SoB refurbishment. I mean, CF is doing better financially now. They can afford it. Just think about it. I305 and Initimidator were added the same year. Next year, we get a new one and so does CP.

...where have you heard that Cedar Point is getting a coaster for next year? Also, why can't you wait just one more year when it's somewhat more likely our park gets a new coaster in 2013?

In other news, anyone else find it sad that Levi's brake run is essentially taller than the entirety of Dragon Fire? :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and Mr. Geek, you were off by only one million dollars on d-Back's price tag. :P

...where have you heard that Cedar Point is getting a coaster for next year? Also, why can't you wait just one more year when it's somewhat more likely our park gets a new coaster in 2013?

In other news, anyone else find it sad that Levi's brake run is essentially taller than the entirety of Dragon Fire? :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and Mr. Geek, you were off by only one million dollars on d-Back's price tag. :P

True. Like everyone is saying, if we were getting a coaster, we should have seen signs of it by now.

Woops! Only 1 million off! :) And nice name for calling me. :) Just call em Alex. :)

I cant wait to go to canadas wonderland and ride this next year, but i wonder how much capacity this one will have.

Well as far as capacity goes, you can't do much better then the B&M hypers. Since this is running the same trains as the old B&M hypers (and has 3 of them at 32 passengers each) I think the capacity will be on par with Golitath, Nitro, etc. (i.e. nothing to worry about).

Anyone notice how long and tall the brake run is? It's huge.

The length is because it will essentially function as the MCBR for the ride allowing it to run three trains.

Parks will know have 2 major choices for a giga coaster ( I don't consider Chance-Morgan major competition..). Major park corporations are familiar with both, and both know that B&M's are more reliable. .

The first B&M Giga isn't even built yet and it's already "more reliable." Gotta love the fanboys!

And Leviathan is 5,486 feet and has a ride time of 3:28, while MF is 6,595 and 2:20. Those are gonna be some strong trims! I would suggest that CW contact Foghat about providing the theme song for this.