Ecology 2004

S500

It's 2004 and the Ecology Department is off to a brand new start with some new faces. Let us know how you think the park is looking and give us some suggestions. Some of us are new to ecology and would like your input. Thanks and we hope you enjoy your visit to Paramount's Kings Island.

I guess its just because how much I walk around the park for my job, but I see napkins blowing around all the time still. I'll grab them and throw them out, but its still there, not like it was at post season last year.

So far, I'd say good job on keeping trash cans empty and mostly everything swept up. Also, it really hasn't been busy yet. Not to say you guys won't do your job well, but I'm expecting to see many more of those napkins and cups all over the place once its warm and busy. That is unless you have 5x as many people out there sweeping.

I realy like how you keep the tables clean. I was getting some french frys and about to sitdown and a lady said don't sit down I will clean off the table for you. I didn't even think the table was dirty at all except for a couple grains of salt. even before she cleaned my table I thought it was pretty clean. biggrin.gif These little things can make your day so keep it up.

Stuff like this can very as others have said, depending on how crowded the park is. When the park is extremly busy, such as the gold pass bring a friend free days. The amount of trash generated just accumulates at an incredible rate, and is thus hard for ecology to keep up. So far this season the park has seemed really clean, but then again all my visits this year have come when the park was all but deserted.

The one thing that wasn`t up to par this past weekend is that some of the automatic toilets in the mens room on International Street were not functioning properly.

I realy like how you keep the tables clean. I was getting some french frys and about to sitdown and a lady said don't sit down I will clean off the table for you. I didn't even think the table was dirty at all except for a couple grains of salt. even before she cleaned my table I thought it was pretty clean. biggrin.gif These little things can make your day so keep it up.

Tables are Food Service, not Ecology. But it's nice to get some compliments either way.

Somtimes in HB when the wind is just right, you can smell the dumpster that is backstage. You can especially smell in line for and in the station of The Beastie. I don't know if this is the case in OC, but that would be my guess.

There is a big dumpster on the other side of the fence of Beastie out of sight of the public. That's probably where it comes from.

Ecology has done a great job this year, big improvments on everything from attitude to wardrobe!

Also, for all employees, even if your off the clock, walking around as a guest even, take some time out to grab that napkin on the ground, or to pick up a piece of trash instead of stepping on it. Of course, if it just looks disgusting, I can see you passing it by. But we can all help out! Ecology is only so big for a park that is much, much bigger.

Good luck with the chearleaders this year. Last year there had to have been more than two feet of trash in Timberwolf and maybe only one full trashcan. Those people are dirty!

I'd like to say that the park is clean, the bathrooms however have a bit to be desired. It is in particular the rivertown restroom closest to Nick Central. I go in there everyday and there is toliet paper everywhere and it is just gross looking. Although, I do have to say that there was one day, second day we were opened that a girl was in that bathroom scrubbing the sinks and it was obvious that she had just swept and everything. She was awsome and I'm sorry I didn't get her name.

I don't leave the waterpark much during the year, but you people have done and outstanding job there the 6 years i've been going there. can't wait to see what you have done this year, with all the concrete being replaced this year I'll bet your going to get a lot of overtime.