What some people do on rides

BB1

Getting the entire beast train singing john jacob jingleheimer schmidt through out the entire ride.

(its only been done once in my presence :D )

during holiwood nights 2011, some guy was singing the spongebob squarepants theme song & got the whole entire gathering of scarecrow scrambler riders to sing along. come to think about it, that same guy did the same thing for bert the conqueror shoot when bert was @ holiday world.

Use of your cel phone while riding whether texting or talking is both against park rules and downright dangerous to your fellow riders-your phone can fly out of your hands and seriously injure another rider. We have repeatedly discussed this on other threads.

oops-just noticed that the poster who said he texts while riding waits for the ride to stop. Sorry I didn't read your post carefully.

Was it my post you saw? Yeah, I am not that stupid to text while the ride is going. People do that? On a rough ride it would get knocked out their hands! :D

Use of your cel phone while riding whether texting or talking is both against park rules and downright dangerous to your fellow riders-your phone can fly out of your hands and seriously injure another rider. We have repeatedly discussed this on other threads.

oops-just noticed that the poster who said he texts while riding waits for the ride to stop. Sorry I didn't read your post carefully.

Was it my post you saw? Yeah, I am not that stupid to text while the ride is going. People do that? On a rough ride it would get knocked out their hands! :D

See the magic box of cellular devices at the Diamond Back quene, quite the sight!

See the magic box of cellular devices at the Diamond Back quene, quite the sight!

I overheard a comment by someone else while at that point in line for DB on Thursday. She pointed out that all of the cell phones in the box are the cheap kind that you can buy at Walmart for prepaid plans. There are no smartphones of any kind in the box that I can see. I suspect KI just bought a bunch of broken phones and tossed them in the box. I don't think those are actual phones lost on DB.

Kings Island security guards are boss because for whatever reason they were waiting outside of the station for the little punk when he got off the ride. I have no idea how they found out so quickly, but they were there.

K.I. security win.

I normally just raise my hands and keep quiet, sometimes I'll yell out random crap with friends but otherwise that's it.

Especially when its in dark tunnels in the back and when your on a kid ride and start screaming like your freaked out!

I'm going to sound like a grumpy old man for this, lol. I, being a father with kids who at one time or another were a little freaked out to try a new ride, really really dislike childish people who do this. You have no idea the amount of coaxing and reassuring it sometimes takes to get a youngster onto a ride (especially a dark ride) just to have all that calm, hard work completely undone because some idiot the next car back decides to "be funny" and scream like hell. Luckily, my youngest isn't afraid of anything, lol.

Oh, and yeah, I was one of those stupid, inconsiderate kids that did that before, so I understand why people think it's funny, but it's extremely inconsiderate to other guests with small children on the ride. Time and children really do change a person. If I could, I'd go back and punch myself in the mouth for doing it, lol.

• Like 1

I know what your talking about, my friend does that almost each and every time we go on a ride. I was actually waiting for that kind of responce to see who else has the same ideas.

And sometimes well behaved children become unrestrained, immature, inconsiderate adults.

I particularly get upset at shrill, pretend shrieking on rides, though the culprit is usually teenage girls. Why they think this is "cute," I have no idea. Such antics often cause headaches.

viking fury match anyone??? <_<

Seems to happen mostly on Beast and DB... Friends, family, or a group will get in ques in front and behind us instead of next to each other. Then after the ride starts they will proceed to desperately scream at whoever is on the other side of us to get their attention. I've often told them that they'll be there at the end of the ride to fully discuss what they both experienced 2 minutes earlier instead of screaming directly in our ears.

Okay before I tell my little story I will make a short disclaimer:

I know this was potentially dangerous and that it was stupid and that I should have never done it, but hey, I was in high school at the time and as I now scold the youth of America at parks; I know I was just as dumb at the time (as a lot of us were).

But anyway, my friends and I were at Cedar Point back in the 90's on a day that was not very crowded. We rode Gemini a lot and liked how you could slap hands with the people in the other trains during the turns. So we decided to take it to the next level.

We purchased some plastic swords at one of the gift shops. We then proceeded to ride the Gemini and have a massive sword fight between the trains at each of the turns (massive as in 6 of us total: 3 vs. 3). Not sure if we were seen by the ops, but if we were they never said anything. I know that there was potential for a sword breaking and pieces going into eyes and all of that, but it's a memory I have from a fun time that will never happen again.

While I'm taking the very long, slow journey up Beast's lift hill, I take the time to plan my on-ride photo. Usually I just sit like I'm bored or falling asleep. It's fun to gather with the other people looking at their photos and watch them point to the young adult sleeping on The Beast.

The season that DB opened, I was a single rider a lot. I liked (and still do like) pointing at my fellow single rider for the onride photo.

Now that I think about it, I try to pose for every single onride photo. Even on rides like Firehawk.

• Like 1

On The Beast, some guy kept rambling on about how "that's the original wood from 1979" and "that wood is 35 years old" and "that wood probably rotted 10 years ago."

Everything he said didn't make any sense. First off, The Beast isn't 35 years old, it's 33 years old( yes, I am a math nazi). And second off, if it was the original wood, in the Ohio winters and summers it would have rotted a LONG time ago.

I do the same thing emileeee. A buddy and I used to be obsessed with getting crazy ride pictures. Once we brought a couple of these masks onto The Beast:

stock-photo-plain-white-mask-for-drama-52712383.jpg

We had them in our shirts until we were going up the hill. Then we put them on, turned out hoodies up and just stared at the camera with our heads slightly turned to one side. Then we took them off and hid them. We liked seeing other peoples' reactions to the photos when they saw us weirdos on there.

We also tried riding The Beast with blindfolds on. Crazy experience, though not as nuts as I'm sure the Legend or Voyage would be blindfolded.

..and if THAT ever happens on Flume, well then all is lost, my friend, all is lost!

:lol:

It wasn't our flume but Colonel SOB Fan/Bret has a story from his Disney days about THAT in line for Splash Mountain.

Thanks Keith I had finally gotten that memory buried deep down inside of me. Time to start burying again.

Colonel who is willing to share that story.

We also tried riding The Beast with blindfolds on. Crazy experience, though not as nuts as I'm sure the Legend or Voyage would be blindfolded.

going to holiwood nights is bout as close to blindfold as you can get. >;}

going to holiwood nights is bout as close to blindfold as you can get. >;}

My first ride on Voyage was in the darkness of HWN having never even watched a POV - Wow! When you can't see and don't know what is coming, rides can be amazing experiences!

• Like 1