If You Could Change Any Ride...

TheCrypt

Diamondback - nothing.(:

The Beast - nothing.

Firehawk - tear it down, replace it with something else. i hate this ride.

Flight of Fear - more strobe lights, for the most part, nothing, maybe get the tvs inside working like they used to.

Invertigo - redo sign or get a new one. doesn't match.

The Racer - put the backwards blue train back.!

Vortex - new restraints or trains. or just scrap it.

WindSeeker - SCRAP. this ride sucks, & was a total waste of money. its never open.

Flight Deck - nothing really can be done.

Drop Tower - nothing.

Delirium - nothing.

Son of Beast - retrack the double helix, or take it out completely. most importantly REOPEN.(:

BLSC - put water back at the end. whatever happened to that anyway.?

I'd give Flight Deck on-board audio, that way it would feel like you're in a dog fight.

My son rides in the front car yelling "POWPOWPOW!!!" the whole way. I'm so proud of him! I'm not sure the ride is long enough for much of a soundtrack., but it would be cool to hear some radio chatter between pilots and an explosion.

I also thought up a rough story line to go along with the ride (please excuse my nerdiness!).

The son of the infamous Beast that terrorizes the back of the park has been captured and transported to the front of the park securely. Guests are able to take a visit to the high security facility known as Outpost 5 that keeps the son locked up in two ways. One is the "Express" train (Adventure Express) that goes right by the facility. Unfortunately, this train accidentally took Track 2, an abandoned track as they go on their adventure through the woods and the rest of the Adventure Express ride (this isn't really a "new" idea, per say. To see that inspiration, first click here and play Track 3 and listen all the way through, then click here).

The other way is a tour of Outpost 5 itself. While touring, you learn that the son has escaped and caused major damage to the facility. This can be represented by a newscaster from a local news station bringing "breaking news" that the son has escaped (TVs showing this newscast could be put up like the queue TVs in Diamondback, etc.) You then enter Outpost 5 (the station, which is now enclosed instead of open air) and see many of the "officials" on another TV screen inside the station telling you to evacuate immediately and get to Outpost 4 (also referenced in the Adventure Express Station Master audio) via the trams located in front of you. You enter the trams (the coaster cars, of course) and are off. As you climb the lift hill, you hear noises coming from behind you of gnarling, scratching etc. implying that the son is coming for you. You then follow the turn around and hear a loud roar just as you go down the lift, implying that the son is right behind the tram!

You then follow the roller coaster course as usual, blah blah blah, etc. etc. The break run is now enclosed and is where you exit the ride (much like Flight of Fear). You can still see the damage (the building is scratched, there are "mud prints" of the son all over the floor, etc.) but then another TV screen comes on. This screen shows the "officials" welcoming you back and ensure you that the son has been recaught.

This is awesome! I love the idea of the story connecting two rides, and having the sound effects on the lift hill is really cool.

The Grand Carousel band organ would be restored to its original glory;

The Clock above Festhaus would be restored;

Ambient music would be theme-specific;

I would fix the carousel and clock as a volunteer if they'd let me. All three of these are the detailed sort of items that give a park its atmosphere and seem to be underrated in the maintenance budget.

If I could change one thing, I would make Diamondback less boring and unimaginative... (Flame away everyone)

Sorry if I insulted your favorite ride, but I just don't think B&M Hypers or Gigas have anything unique to offer.

With trains that look like snakes? Now come on! You gotta think that's not unimaginative! "Boring?" Are you by chance a fighter pilot? (I've always sought their perspective on land-based thrill rides.) Well, okay. Add a batwing and a couple loops.. that oughtta round it out.

^_^

Somehow make Vortex a less rough ride. Doesn't matter where I sit, I smack my jaw into the restraint every time. Love the ride itself, but the roughness factor keeps it low on my "must ride" list.

Return Adventure Express to its former effects glory. Also, does any one else secretly wish the Nickelodeon deal had timed out right so the ride was Legends of the Hidden Temple theme? No? Okay, I figured it was just me.

Agree that blue Racer should go backward again.

Also, it would be nice to see a B&M inverted coaster like Montu (Busch Gardens) happen.

• Like 1

I have many changes, now that I think about it.

Return the old Adventure Express effects, add the water effect to BLSC, put on-ride audio on Drop Tower like Mach Tower at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, backwards blue Racer, change the path of Dinosaurs Alive! so it somehow goes through the Action Theater and ends in the gift shop so it's a complete experience, add a real storyline to The Beast, with TV's in the queue like Flight of Fear, film a new Flight of Fear video that you can actually follow (I'm not to fond of the current one), make it a lot darker in the ride building, add three trains to Firehawk, get rid of the videos in Diamondback because I'm sick and tired of seeing and hearing the same songs every time I go (Use Somebody specifically), overall just add theme to most of the rides like The Beast, Firehawk (maybe you're training to fly a new machine, or something like that), Flight Deck (obviously you are flying a plane, include videos during the queue), you know what I mean. A LOT could be done with Kings Island rides.

I'm actually against the adding of tv's in the queue for rides. We just got rid of Skyline Chilivision or whatever it was in The Beast. Let's keep it that way.

I think Adventure Express should get all of its theming back. Many of it was taken away for almost no apparent reason other than "It needed to be maintained" or "It costs money (no!) to run it". Heck, even if we didn't get all of it back, key things would be wonderful. I would die if some fog or maybe mist (reseal the tracks with a better seal--Diamondback's splashdown comes to mind), the moving spears in the ceiling of the second tunnel, lights lighting up the set in the first tunnel, the station master spiel in the station, the volcano tunnel (third tunnel) looked like a volcano (fog?, red lights), etc all came back. Seriously. This ride seems underrated and just "another ride at Kings Island" to most people.

I don't think the water will ever come back to Backlot. But at least fill the "splashdown" with water like they did in 2010.

Here's what I would do, change everything back to Paramount's & keep Diamondback. Happy me. :D

Here...here....I'll drink from my Spongbob refill cup to that!

Haha, I miss the Nickelodeon Universe area so much, my mom had went to Kings Island with me two years ago for NU, and was disappointed to find everything Snoopy, I mean really, who even watches Snoopy? I'm sure no kids do.

Return Adventure Express to its former effects glory. Also, does any one else secretly wish the Nickelodeon deal had timed out right so the ride was Legends of the Hidden Temple theme? No? Okay, I figured it was just me.

Although a Legends of the Hidden Temple re-theme would be awesome, I like AE the way it is.

If i could change anything i would repaint Invertigo back to red and yellow. I mean come on! Doesn't anyone think the new blue and purple looks tacky?

It took me a while to get used to the color change, but I sort-of like Invertigo's blue paint. IMO, it looks great up-close but looks out-of-place from far away (as I'm still used to seeing red and yellow)

If I could change one thing, I would make Diamondback less boring and unimaginative... (Flame away everyone)

Sorry if I insulted your favorite ride, but I just don't think B&M Hypers or Gigas have anything unique to offer.

I agree with you! I would have loved to see DB run through the terrain a bit after the photo area. It could've gone straight instead of the left turn into the MCBR at the photo area. It could've explored the woods a bit then popped up for the final small hills before the splashdown. I just think the ride peters out before the end of the ride.