Man with one leg denied roller coaster ride at Six Flags Over Georgia

Torrence Bellamy was excited to ride the Goliath roller coaster when he visited the Cobb County theme park last month with his fraternity. He stood in line for more than an hour, but as he was in his seat and the ride was about to take off, he was approached by a worker.

“And she was like, 'You can’t ride this ride. No, you’ve got a fake leg,'” Bellamy said. “Some people were booing. Some folks were laughing. Made me feel bad.”

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/man-says-he-was-removed-six-flags-coaster-over-pro/nPwk2/

It appears we are unfortunately going to see more of this.

I just don't get why he believes "sensitivity training" is necessary. It was terrible some in the crowd were laughing, but the ride attendant was not one of them.

I'd like to hear another side of the story, maybe from someone who was standing in line or another ride op that was there. I'm not trying to say that the guy is lying, but a lot of cases like this can become exaggerated. And I also disagree with the "sensitivity training." Ride ops are supposed to be nice, but they're not going to sit there and baby you.

I'm not sure why someone with a fake leg couldn't ride a coaster, unless it has something to do with safety issues? Are they concerned that maybe the fake leg would fly off during the ride? If so, why not just remove it? I can't see not being able to ride a coaster just because you're handicapped.

• Like 1