KI 8-16-12

ohiocolts

Today I took a trip to Kings Island with my friend Sean, my mom, and my sister Lucy. There are a few photos in here of some interesting things I noticed today, but no rides. We went to my friend Sean’s house to pick him up. I asked if he had his pass, and he said no. So, he spent awhile looking for it and just gave up and got some money to get a replacement pass. So, after that long hassle, I thought so much for getting there right at ERT opening. We headed to the ticket booth and got Sean’s pass replaced for $15, and then we went in. It was about 10 minutes after 9, and we headed to Drop Tower.

There was literally nobody on Drop Tower or in its line, so we hoped right on, and I, Sean, and Lucy had the whole ride to ourselves. Going up, I think I could see King Cobra’s footers, which I have never seen. I also noticed some shaking or something on the ride a little bit before we were at the top. It was, as always, a fun ride. There was still absolutely nobody in line, so we got on again. Another great ride. Now, we decided to head over and do the other ERT thrills, on Diamondback.

It was about a walk on for Diamondback. It, of course, was a great ride. I and Sean decided to get back in line, and it indeed was another awesome ride. Nobody was in line for our row, so we had a re ride. Of course, it was another FUN ride. I decided to check the time, and it was around 10 minutes until 10. So, I and Sean headed to Eiffel Tower for rope drop, and Lucy was going to follow us. So, after about 5 minutes, I took off with Sean and Lucy to the X-Base.

We wanted to ride Flight of Fear first, because I was hopeful they might have lights on the ride for the first ride. We had a huge lead in front of everybody, so we slowed down. We easily got front row for the first train of the day on Flight of Fear. Unfortunately, the lights were off. It was still a great ride in the front seat on Flight of Fear. The exit ride ops seem better now, as it seems they are saying “Welcome back riders, how was that ride!” more often on Flight of Fear. It also slid through the MCBR again.

We then went to Firehawk. We waited about 5 minutes and got the front row. As always, it was a really fun ride. We kind of wanted to do Flight of Fear again, so we did that one more time while there isn’t much of a line. We walked up to the station, where there was a separator. All the rows were even, so we got to go on the front row again! It was another really fun ride on FOF. Similar to before. I and Sean decided to split up from my mom and Lucy for a bit, until the Alonzo show they wanted to see, or if we didn’t see each other there, at the exit around 2:30.

We headed to Action Zone to go on Invertigo. There was a short line, which lasted around 5 minutes, a few cycles. It was a fun Invertigo ride. Then, really, the only other thing back here to do was Flight Deck. I didn’t want to get wet on Congo. You have to pay for Xtreme Skyflyer. We already rode Drop Tower twice. Delirium was closed. And you know what is being torn down, and has been SBNO for 3 years. So, we walked back to Flight Deck. There wasn’t really a line, but we waited about an extra 5 minutes for the front row. Good thing I did, because I spotted this.

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

So, this makes me wonder. Does it have something to with SOB’s deconstructing? Are they in the process of clearing trees? Does it have something to do with Flight Deck? Eit: I've found out it is nothing bad happening. Anyways, Flight Deck was a sweet ride. I just hate its paint. I call it gray. Well, me and Sean headed back towards Coney Mall and decided to stop at Adventure Express on the way. To our surprise, Adventure Express had a small line, but it was only about 5 minutes. What happened to the days when the park would be packed and AE wouldn’t have a line?

It was a nice ride though. And I forgot to look over at FOF to see how bad its building was damaged. A nice little ride and it seemed a little brighter in the tunnels for some reason. The Racer’s line was spilling out of the entrance, so we decided to do it later when both sides were running. I told Sean about the 5-1 trick on Vortex, so we headed there. I even told him I’d give him a dollar if there was a lot of head banging :P. Again to my surprise, Vortex’s line was shorter than the line for Adventure Express. We waited a couple cycles for row 5-1 and then got on.

It was a great ride on Vortex. Hardly any head banging. Sean was thankful I told him this trick. I thankful I heard it here on KIC. We the headed over to WindSeeker. We just missed the next ride when we got in line, so we went on the next one. It was a fun, nice, great viewing, cool, windy, and relaxing ride on WindSeeker. I now also noticed The Crypt’s back gates are now only half open instead of fully opened. We then decided to head over to The Beast.

When we got to The Beast, it was closed. Oh well. We saw Diamondback’s line was short, so we headed there. It was just on the stairs, and was about a 5 minute wait. It was another FUN ride on the tallest, fastest, and meanest coaster ever to strike Kings Island. We then decided to eat lunch. I wanted to go to Hank’s, but Sean didn’t. We ended up going to the Festhaus. On the way to the Festhaus, I noticed Tower Gardens was blocked off and it looks like they are already getting ready for Haunt in there.

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

I forget what they have in there, I though Cornstalkers or something. Anyways, I ended up getting the pizza combo AGAIN. It’s probably like the best value in the Festhaus. But, I did get a receipt saying a leveled up to 3 stars in FUN Perks. After eating, there was about half an hour until the Ed Alonzo show started, and I want to get there for good seats, so we probably had around 15 minutes. I thought we only had time for 1 more ride, and The Beast was a far walk, and a risk if it was still closed or had a line, so we went to The Racer.

We waited for the front row on the Red Racer. I love the classic music in The Racer station they now play. I hope it sticks around. I’m not sure what, but there was some problem going on, on The Red Racer. So, we waited a few extra minutes, but got on after a few cycles. It was a great ride on the front row of The Racer. We then headed to Ed Alonzo’s Physco Circus of Magic and Mayhem.

I saw my mom and Lucy in line, so we caught up with them and just got there in time when the doors opened. We got in the second row on the left side of the theater. A lot of it this time was trying to figure out the tricks. I know some of the easier ones, but there is plenty I still don’t know.

So, after seeing it a few times, the card trick is pretty obvious. My mom said from the angle she was at she could see the lady changing into Ed Alonzo trick. I also was able to see a wire that the what you ma call it comes out and bounces from wall to wall at the beginning, and a few other stuff. I still don’t know the repapering tricks and stuff. And as mentioned earlier on the show about the kid volunteer part being absent, that was at the 2 o’clock showing I watched.

Anyways, it was still a nice show. My mom wasn’t feeling all that well, so I just bought something for my sister’s birthday (Which was yesterday) in one of the stores. She got to choose something I could afford, and she choose a fake mustache and a mustache bandage. She is one strange little “10” year old. Then, we left the park. I also saw the graveyard, which I have never seen before, on the way out. If you watched the Ghost Hunters Kings Island episode back in the winter, you will understand some of this.

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

Missouri Jane’s grave, featured on Ghost Hunters. It eve says she died when she was only 5.

IMG_2723.jpg

It’s always fun to pretend! Now, she is a ghost, and lurks around the park when it is closed.

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

If that grave only said Son of Beast…

A couple of notes:

*Delirium was down most of the time I was there, but was operating when I came out of the magic show at around 2:30 with people.

*I’m not sure if/when The Beast was operating today.

*The first 3 star rewards are $5 in Beagle Bucks (In park cash), a $5 Merchandise Voucher, Meet the train conductor, and a free preferred parking spot.

As always, Thanks for reading!

• Like 4

As always, I LOVE your enthusiasm when you write trip reports.

Some notes:

•Flight Deck has the boom by it, most likely for track inspections. It usually sits by Invertigo, or at least it DID last season. I would get someone else to back me up on this, but until then, this is my best answer I can give.

•I saw some fake walls while in line for The Beast from The Crypt's maintenance garage doors (as I like to call them). Either it is for the house or a barricade so we couldn't see in.

•How many times have you seen the Ed Alonzo show?!

•You should have used the spoiler button we are all so fond of now! :P

•Yes, Cornstalkers is in the graveyard of the Air Theater.

•How many trees are gone by Flight Deck? I always kick myself when I get home and scream "Idiot! I forgot to check!!!!111!!!!!one!!!!"

Thanks for putting in the effort to making this another great ohiocolts trip report!

• Like 1

I did not use that spoiler button because I looked all over yet couldn't find it. I have seen Ed Alonzo 5 times, and that was probably my last time. As for the FD trees, I didn't notice anything, but I forgot to really take notice, sorry. Thanks for clearing me up on the orange truck thingy.

"If you watched the Ghost Hunters Kings Island episode back in the winter, you will understand some of this."

I posted the episode split into 3 parts a while back. Here it is if anybody is interested. I really liked it. It wasnt scary at all.

I have actually done a tremendous amount of time researching this before I was apart of KIC. Ghost Hunters (tv show) actually did a episode on Kings Island. I could not find the full episode for you guys, but here is the episode split into 3 parts. Also, this does not talk about the deaths of KI, but the hauntings. Im pretty sure this video has been posted before. But I couldn’t find it. Hope you guys watch it! :D They didn't really find to much. But there was activity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auk103UU7K0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNmLyO3WHw4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMKJPD7AxNY