Closed rides

Sonofbeast2.0

Should KI change the way they show a ride is closed? I've never been a big fan of trashcan sitting in front of line queue. I think each ride should get a sign (placed in front of line queue entrance) that has the rides name on it and the sign/lettering is themed to the area. Examples, Drop Tower would have a metal sign with Action Zone colors for background and mixed with the Drop Tower bullseye (bulls eye is painted/added over top of background paint but goes on before the lettering). Flight Deck would have same metal sign and same AZ background except it will have fighter jets instead of bulls eye. The Beast would have a wooden sign because of river town and no paint needed for sign and the wood would have slash marks though it (but not were it renders text unreadable). The Racer would get a rugged not cleaned up looking wooden sign (but smoothed jagged edges to decrease chances of getting splitter) the sign wood be painted half red and half blue and or white, it could be either a Yin and yang symbol (with The blue and red) or american flag with the red white and blue. Flight of Fear could have a hard plastic core with a silicon outside that glows in the dark (green). Kid rides could have a hard plastic snoopy with on his belly having the ride closed info on it.

AZ: metal sign with AZ color on it painted over top with each ride "feel"/"theme".

Coney Mall: a rough jagged looking sign (not really jagged to the touch)with a color painted on sign that best suits each ride.

River Town: smooth wooden sign with paint/design on each sign that fits each ride.

Planet Snoopy: a big plastic snoopy that is chained (from the back of Snoopy not front) to the line queue with his belly having the closed info wrote on it.

X-Base: a hard plastic center with a rubber like outside that glows and the letters are stenciled into the rubber.

All signs will say something like sorry for the inconvenience but (insert name) is closed and will possibly reopen in (insert time), the name of the ride.

The estimated time can be sometime today, a more exact time of like 15min, tommorrw, or unknown.

Please tell me what you think!

• Like 1

I would like it yes, but it is cheaper and more efficient to use a trash can that one may find just steps away, I don't think we will see this anytime soon, a good quote goes like this "If it works, keep it" -BB1

The trash can would stop more people from entering the queue than would a sign. And may I ask, how does a rugged Yin and Yang symbol fit The Racer?

I just wish rides located at dead ends in the park *cough* Invertigo *cough* would have associates standing farther down the pathway to tell people the ride's closed. I don't like walking to a dead end to find the ride is closed.

• Like 3

The trash can would stop more people from entering the queue than would a sign. And may I ask, how does a rugged Yin and Yang symbol fit The Racer?

The rugged sign is to define that area of the park as the old rides. Classics that have made it though the worst. They are the rides that remain as many other rides have changed/ been removed though out the years. The Yin and Yang is for the fact that if their was no blue racer running it would be unbalanced. They need each other to make it a race. One could also argue that more people will ride it if the two are racing.

Trash cans at queue entrances can make it confusing from a distance as to whether a ride is open or closed. Using them for purposes other than the collection of trash (i.e. to close a ride or as theming) is tacky. Any sort of sign indicating that the attraction is temporarily is better.

Ride closure signs should be seen rarely by guests, so elaborate designs based on the specific ride/area are overkill. Unless the ride is a WindSeeker.

• Like 4

The rugged sign is to define that area of the park as the old rides. Classics that have made it though the worst. They are the rides that remain as many other rides have changed/ been removed though out the years. The Yin and Yang is for the fact that if their was no blue racer running it would be unbalanced. They need each other to make it a race. One could also argue that more people will ride it if the two are racing.

A classic amusement park (which Coney Mall was meant to resemble) doesn't strike me as rugged and old.

• Like 2

Indeed. Elaborate signs imply that closures happen so often that the park went to a great deal of trouble and expense to prepare ornate customized closure signs.

I see your point but I would like to see something a little more than just a trash can. Also something that can be noticed from afar. At times what looks like a closed ride isn't because of close by trash can.

Possibly a sign that is metal for AZ, wooden for Coney Mall and River Town. Then something peanut themed for Planet Snoopy.

• Like 1