Knott's Berry Farm stagecoach tips over, injures 3

You take a risk just walking down the street.

But your leg will not fall of while walking. ;)

A wheel falling off is concerning as it has to be one of the easiest items to check during a routine inspection. Now if that check is once/ month, the checks need to be increased; if the check is once/ day, was the check performed, or just "signed off".

There are MANY scenarios that need investigated. I hope it is something easy, and not a case of incompetency.

• Like 2

Because of the way news is easily broadcasted from one coast to the other, I am always wondering if things like this are just happening at an alarming rate, or if it has almost always been this "dangerous" in parks but old media didnt broadcast it as quickly or accurately...

And thats what I mean. While the AP line has been around the ability for everyone to post pictures and "report" news has increased. Lets just look back 50 years. 50 years ago, a patron at the park gets hurt, emergency vehicles are called for, maybe the local AP reporter gets wind and is able to get to the park moments (maybe within the hour, maybe the next day?) later. Takes some quotes, writes a blurb publishes it to the AP line and its sent out to all subscribers of the AP, who then run it in the afternoon or morning papers.

Versus today, wheel falls off of the cart. 5 or more people get their phones out, take pictures, maybe one has a video made. Pictures and video are posted to twitter, facebook, etc. Local people start talking about the story online. Local news organizations get a hold of these pictures, call for witness statements, call the park. Reporter may be able to do the whole store without actually stepping foot in the park...

Plus as you have stated before the need to fill 24 hours of news also helps the minor stories become big. Even 15 years ago, this event may have been mentioned once on NBC nightly news or similar. Now it gets at least 30 minutes on a 24 hour station. If that 30 mins gets a ton of views comments, then it will be brought back up more and more...

• Like 1

What's with all of the sour remarks concerning CF in the comments? KI has greatly improved, but Knott's goes downhill? Will someone explain this to me.

There is a comment about Knott's getting rid of the horses. I've never been to Knott's, but isn't the cowboy shows part of the big thrill that is Knott's?

^ Someone who has actually been to the park, or been going for years, can probably shed more light on the subject... but from what I understand, Knott's lost a lot of its family-owned, theme park charm when Kinzel's Cedar Fair took over. Giving it the thrill rides and concrete treatment.

And Carl Lindner was more concerned with selling the place for a profit than in customer service, cleanliness, or the park's long term future. I, for one, am very glad Paramount Studios bought the park. I just wish VIACOM had not bought Paramount. I strongly suspect the park would be a very, very different place had that not happened. I'm very glad CBS sold. Had they not, I truly wonder if Kings Island would even be a park today.