Kings Island in your image

SonofBaconator

A Kings Island as close to my home and work as Six Flags America, but also featuring Volcano: The Blast Coaster and Massachusetts' Bizarro and Maverick, along with the Flying Eagles as they ran in Ohio. Also, my Platinum Pass would work flawlessly at that and every FUN park (as my Six Flags and Busch passes always do).

• Like 3

Viking Fury, Adventure Express, and the Festhaus returned to their former glory.

I'd think that you would say return of TR:TR /The Crypt.

But, i would like bigger, faster roller coasters with more inversions. What we have now is fine with me, for now.

• Like 2

Viking Fury, Adventure Express, and the Festhaus returned to their former glory.

I'd think that you would say return of TR:TR /The Crypt.

But, i would like bigger, faster roller coasters with more inversions. What we have now is fine with me, for now.

I'm on the same page as you, more coasters. Easier said then done though.

A 'perfect day' to me would have around an 80 degree temperature with frequent breezes, station line waits, and being with some kicers I've been wanting to meet. A sunset would kinda be cool too.

• Like 2

My "perfect day"? Afternoon high of 102°F and a severe thunderstorm watch for the entire area, but no long-lived or damaging storms that shut things down for more than an hour or so (several long showers unaccompanied by lightning would be a bonus).

Why? Get the temperature high enough and even waterpark attendance will go down, probably, as people want to stay inside in the air conditioning, but I love the heat. Add a threat of storms and rain, and attendance goes down even further, plus it's on days like that that I have the most fun, rediscovering the little things like Viking Fury and having fun getting drenched in the rain.

I know, y'all think I'm crazy, right?

• Like 3

Well, for me that is really a varied thing.

Perfect Kings Island, a BB1 perspective.

Coming upon the Island, you may notice the old sign that stood in the Paramount era, with a slight change to the KI skyline. There is no WindSeeker popping out of the scene, Diamondback is now gone, and SOB is there in working, non threatening condition. When you enter, you may notice that you may go one of two ways, Kings Island, or Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay, for now we will go left to the main park. As we venture through, we park at the usual Gold Pass parking, located right next to the inner walkway. After, we take a ride on the trams, which take us right up to the front gate. We enter to the music of International Street past, highly themed architecture from all around the world, with trees in "planters" in the middle of both sides of the walkway. A breeze of cold water hits you as you meander through the street, now we take a right to Hannah Barberra Land. The Phantom Theater is to our left now, with all of the classic rides of HB still running. As we make our way through, we make our way into Rivertown. Rivertown is a highly themed region of the west, with the KK ride up and running, as well as other favorites of today. A western show is performed at noon and five, featuring a shoot out and a few other western favorites. Swan lake still is the center focal point, a watering hole for the forest. The old walkway to The Beast is still up, with many trees surrounding us now, it is still upon a lake, which now is more cleaner, equiped with a filter. As we make our way through the area, we come upon the Antique Cars. Then we come into the region of Coney Mall. The Eagles still fly at this fine estate. We walk towards the Happy Days Diner, where it still is the Happy Days of yesterday. We walk by some of todays rides, as well as the red and white Racer, with the blue car going backwards once more. The X-Base now has a X-Files theme, with all the rides themed to as they were. After, we walk into Oktoberfest, where a German festival is always in season. The old german restaurant is here now, with a great biergarten over looking the lake. The Festhaus now has its clock back in working order, with inside a festive german show, and germanic foods for all the family. The fountain which was a planter now runs as a fully functional fountain, being a focal point of the area. Along with the old sign of Oktoberfest back in its original place. Adventure Express now has more ruins that it runs through and escapes. We are now entering the last area of the main park, the Action Zone. All of the rides are in the original names and paints. Top Gun now has more props and a new quene featuring more naval items. As we begin to walk out, we take the train to Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay. Which on the train, we find another western show. Upon entering the Bay, we are fully immersed into Australia with Crocodile Dundee. Which all of the rides are in the old conditions and are running smoothly. All of the old props are in their respected places, with the paths being in in sync.(Note, no bad theming here!) Now as we begin to wind down in the day, the Bay stays open, lit by tiki torches by the walkways, as well as paths.

BB1, just sayin'

• Like 5

In my "revised history", Phantom Theater would have been restored and refreshed - not gutted, the antiques cars area wouldn't have been destroyed, and any non-defective rides would have been installed instead of Son of Beast and The Crypt.

^^ I'm usually comfortable in either temperature extreme, but 102°F with high humidity (from your storms) is way too hot. I'd gladly take the weather we got on Closing Day or at Haunt over that, but I'd remember a jacket for any downpours in the lower 40s F.

• Like 1

Paramount style rides (with movie rights) but maintain the rides like Universal Orlando. (by that I mean a ride will stay closed for every short period of time and rarely is closed all day or more than hour for that matter.)

Reason I didn't say Universal style rides cause it is nice to ride them on a occasion.

I would envision a VERY clean park, well themed, with lots of trees, shrubs and such - and the same would go for the parking lot. I think some less expensive food would be nice, and a bigger variety of foods. (there's a gold mine to be made on International Street besides pizza and ice cream). Finally, I would like to see all the rides the park EVER had, good or bad, be up and running - with no ride ever leaving the park, just new rides coming in. (the same goes for the Animal Habitat with the Monorail).

• Like 3

I think a perfect Kings Island for me would be most of the old Paramount ride names back (though I'd keep the name Invertigo and maybe the new paint scheme). The Racer would also have a backwards side again. Also, the kid's area(s) would be Nickelodeon Central and Hanna-Barbara again (and re-themed as such, but without Scooby's Ghoster Coaster). Finally, although we can't bring Son of Beast back as it's too large of a ride, I'd love a huge coaster that makes as big of an impact on the coaster world/Kings Island as Son of Beast did when it first opened (before all of SoB's issues).

Before the issues? I'm not sure there ever was such a time. It had a major collapse incident during construction. It closed in its first hour the first Saturday morning, and stayed closed for weeks. It had numerous injuries, including some not widely reported or known until the 2006 incident.

How about Son of Beast designed properly, built properly and meticulously maintained?

• Like 2

Here's my image: As you park enter the parking lot, and park your car, you board a tram taking you to the main gate. As you look to your left, Invertigo is painted aqua and royal blue like it is now. As you enter the park, you see the Kings Island logo, the old one from back in the 70's. There is no crappy robot dinosaur to greet you. If you walk down the right side of International Street and take a right again about a hundred feet, you will enter Planet Snoopy. All the rides are the same as they were from 2010. Planet Snoopy has expanded onto Picnic Grove. An additional kids coaster is added to the expanded kids area as well as the addition of more small flats. Children view the locomotives pass by from the platform that many of you see by the train shed junction. Rivertown is completely different than what is is currently. There is no ginormous white building between the K.I.&.M.V.R.R and The Beast any more but instead a larger Rivertown. Swan lake still resides and Diamonback is in the corner of Rivertown, (The station is where the block breaks before the 6th drop currently is). Filling up the rest of the space, more flats are added, as well as more resturants. Guest wave at the happy passengers on the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad before it goes over the bridge and into the woods. The two locomotives travel through many scenes that the railroad used to have back in the day. Kenny Van Meter has his original look as well http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/sonofbaconator/library/KIC?page=1. In my image, the LCS and S.O.B. never existed and there would be a that extended Coney Mall mid way that was discussed in other threads. X-Base would be expanded to the storage area where the sheds currently reside to the left of The Racer making X-base its own section instead of a subsection to Coney Mall. X-Base would be a government- extraterrestrial sort of feel with some flats, a restaurant, some games and some restrooms. Kings Cobra would be where Congo falls is now and Congo falls would be in Soak City. The Tiques would still be in there original place and the BLSC would be gone. The Eagles would also return as well as many older flats that shouldn't have been taken down. WindSeeker is a Star Screamer flat with no malfunctions. There is a lake under Flight Deck with some extra aviation theming to make it really seem like riders are in a fighter jet. Anything I didn't mention is fine the way it is.

• Like 1

Giving everything a stronger feel to it's theme.

1.International street has foods/shops form all around the world.

2. Coney Mall has music from it's era and signs and clothing

3A. X base has gates (that are open) with fake barbwire at the top (but looks real) that lead into the X base and before you reach the gates (right under The Racer) their is no trespassing signs and restricted area signs on the gate and around it.

3B. X Base: Every so often at night you will hear gun shots back in the woods and near by, you will also hear weird creature sounds. lights will flash down in woods with the gun shots. their will also be tree branch movement.

example of possible sound:

3C. At the X base their will be random 1-2min blackouts (at night) of the lights back their and blinking red lights will turn on and a siren will wail and all heck will break loose.

4. For The Beast the old SOB crate will be sitting back by The Crypt, their will be smoke coming out and the box will be shaking and rawring style sounds will come out. Their will be some big foot prints leading back into the woods (right next to box). For added effect during the day and night ride of The Beast their will be fog in the first tunnel and at the end of the tunnel their will be two red lights that are barely visible.

4B.(during haunt) Their will be a dummy near the track (at the turn after the tunnel) with blood all over it and a blood trail.

I will give more idea's when I can think of more...

Note: for 3C the blackouts will ONLY be outside FoF.

I love Kings Island the way it is,even the things i might complain about,i dont work for the park so i dont know the ins and outs of what needs done,but at the end of the day i respect what they need to do.The truth is i love the feeling of riding a coaster,for one moment i forget all my problems in my world and feel the freedom to relax and live in the moment! I love the first drop on DB, its my favorite time to just let my mind go!

• Like 4

Everyone who knows me knows my perfect vision of Kings Island. One with NO TRIM BRAKES!!!!

Aside from that, get rid of Fast Lane and separators. Then get the big bunches of trees back that have been cut down, always race The Racer (and kick out anyone that adds an unnecessary "s" to the name), and for the love of all things precious, give The Beastie back its name. It was the best name for a kiddie coaster anywhere...period. Though Mild Thing at Valleyfair comes in a close second.

• Like 1

Nope. Previous poster dare-to-fly had mentioned it as an incredible name, perhaps the best ever. I'm pointing out other great names it has had.

Scooby Doo is a great name for a cartoon character, but for a coaster, I've always liked Scooby's Ghoster Coaster, and Fairly Odd Coaster always made me roll my eyes just a little. There's really nothing odd about a small John Allen kiddie coaster. The Beastie wins, though I accept your point of view. :)

I almost forgot something very important in KI perfection, The Beast would have the walk-back back.