Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I signed up for the KICLUB texts.

And now that I've thought about it, I wouldn't mind having a coaster with blue supports. If those supports turn out to be going to KI, what do you think the track color would be? I still think purple track would look cool, especially along with blue supports.

• Like 2

And now that I've thought about it, I wouldn't mind having a coaster with blue supports. If those supports turn out to be going to KI, what do you think the track color would be? I still think purple track would look cool, especially along with blue supports.

I can see a "Banshee" in purple and blue.

• Like 2

I still don't think they would make the ride dark and scary colors. I see the park wanting to make the coaster inviting and attractive. Even though the name may be spooky, I find it hard to believe they would make a dark purple and blue coaster. The colors don't match well.

I have no idea what other color it may be. My gut says white but I don't want that either, This is just all my opinion.

I just texted that number. As I see this, it means that the announcement is nearing!

As did I! I wonder if anyone is at the park this morning that can try to find what Scheid was looking at...

Careful....It might be a Little Orphan Annie Ovaltine decoder ring....

• Like 2

Also....the blue supports are kind of similar to the color of blue on Invertigo....possible zone color theming too?

I think if you were to take a poll of the average KI visitor, and ask them if they wanted a giga or an invert, they'd probably say they wanted an invert. Why? Because in their minds, a giga is simply a larger version of what we already have in Diamondback. On the other hand, aside from Valleyfair, Kings Island is one of the only major parks in the CF chain which doesn't have a coaster with a zero-G or Immelman/dive loop. I think KI's largest demographic would rather have something unique right now instead of a larger version of something they got 4 years ago.

I think if you asked most people if they could have a ride like Millennium Force or like Raptor, they would pick Millennium. If you asked the GP if they wanted a zero-G roll or dive loop, they'd probably look at you like you are crazy. They don't know what that means. Obviously the GP at Canada's Wonderland doesn't notice that Behemoth and Leviathan are similar.

Pretty sure I responded to this point in my subsequent post, where I stood corrected. It would really help if you'd read ALL posts first before firing off a reply. -_- Thanks!

Suffice it to say, I agree and disagree. We'll have to leave it at that. It's just an opinion. ;)

Everyone here is like...it's this and that..

I'm over here like...it's s coaster I'll wait for an announcement haha

I'm starting to be like you. I think I'm getting to the point where I'd rather just sit back and wait for the announcement.

• Like 2

I can see a "Banshee" in purple and blue.

I was just thinking of that last night as well.

Maybe the drains and pipe in the area are to correct an existing problem while at the same time building the new attraction.

For many years, many of us have complained about the sour smell on AE, and have been told that it's due to the drainage of an ice cream (?) shop in AZ. Perhaps they are fixing this problem.

AZ looks too much like a generic amusement park to me, where the rest of KI has a little bit of scenic magic to it. I know it's the concrete layout, but to me, it lacks imagination.

• Like 9

Maybe the drains and pipe in the area are to correct an existing problem while at the same time building the new attraction.

For many years, many of us have complained about the sour smell on AE, and have been told that it's due to the drainage of an ice cream (?) shop in AZ. Perhaps they are fixing this problem.

AZ looks too much like a generic amusement park to me, where the rest of KI has a little bit of scenic magic to it. I know it's the concrete layout, but to me, it lacks imagination.

There is a certain part of the zone that smells like raw sewage....although it adds to the foul atmosphere of Halloween Haunt, it is still rather unpleasant during the heat of summer...Anyway, I hope the zone gets a redo....I'm pretty sure it is in the cards, if it is in the budget....What would you like to see as a "makeover"?

• Like 1

Regarding how we refer to the types of coasters, I think I have the definitive answer to the problem. We have to look at it from the POV of an average KI visitor. After they enter the park and grab a funnel cake, they try to figure out which coaster to go on first. This is how they refer to them:

• Vortex - the big steel loopy coaster at the back of the park
  • Beast - the scary wooden coaster that disappears in the woods
  • Diamondback - that really tall steel coaster
  • BLSC - that fun Mini Cooper coaster next to Eiffel Tower
  • Flying Ace - the kiddie coaster where you hang under the track
  • Woodstock Express - the little kiddie wood coaster
  • Invertigo - the one where you sit under the track and go upside down, then stop and do it backwards
  • Flight Deck - the swinging coaster
  • Project 2014 - the big steel coaster where SOB used to be, where you sit underneath and go fast upside down and through curves a lot (making assumptions here)
  • Adventure Express - the fun mine train with the tunnels
  • Racer - the big white twin coaster
  • Flight of Fear - the coaster where you go upside down inside the building
  • Firehawk - the one where you lie on your back going up the hill, then flip over and it's like a bird flying

BTW....not sure if this is relevant or not, but when you type in www.visitkingsisland.com/Banshee, it takes you straight to the KI home page.

• Like 3

BTW....not sure if this is relevant or not, but when you type in www.visitkingsisland.com/Banshee, it takes you straight to the KI home page.

Thats where all URL requests point to that dont have a specified page assigned to them. Its the 404 Error redirect.

Oh really? I thought maybe it was just a redirect until the coaster page comes online. Okay....never mind. ^_^

• Like 2

The Bat... Doesn't Canada's Wonderland (a Cedar Fair park) have a coaster named The Bat?....Hmmmm.....would save on copywriting a new name......

Also Shaggy brought up The Bat theme when the Owls started appearing a couple o' hundred pages ago.....do you think maybe.....???

An invert can be just as good than a giga, and referring to another post, a giga would make Diamondback a waste of money because a gigs would drown Diamondback, it sensible that the park creates a smaller coaster to increase park attendance and ridership. If a giga would be placed, Diamondback would be gone before any next coaster, sounds like a bad deal to waste 22 million to spend another 30 million and ruin a good name to a park, because I would like to ride Diamondback into the sunset as a popular ride and not a ride collecting rust and dust. B&M doesn't like gigas and intamin isn't the most trusted with their rides, and there's a giga up state from the construction site, so why bother.

A giga is nothing like a hyper IMO... Gigas are on another level with their speed..DB and a giga could coexist very well because one was made for air time and the other would be made for speed, an invert on the other hand can only be ridden once or twice in a day before the average person will have a severe headache, KI already has an invert within a rock throw of this new coaster so IMO that does not make sense

• Like 2