KI June 8. 13.

Original

We came down to Cincinnati to do some renovations and such on our soon-to-be house and to visit relatives this weekend, as we have been doing for almost every weekend for about two months now. My mom said it was going to be a boring day, sanding the hardwood floors and priming the walls so she insisted we go to KI. Me and my brother were dropped off at around 2..? Platinum passes scanned and we walked in. My brother just reached 52 inches this year so he wanted to get back onto DB as soon as possible. We headed over there and got into the 60 min. wait line. I haven't heard anyone mention this but I like those little wheel games they put out in front of the rides where you can possibly get to the front of the line. I haven't played them, but I thought it was a good deal and creative. When we almost got to the front of the line, I saw this man run pass me on the Fast Lane side. His shirt said ' Diamondback rider 9,100 times and counting on the back. Lame pictures:

8993918001_c8d9542769_n.jpg
IMG_9266 by KIC-Original, on Flickr

8993917689_2c401c0de2_n.jpg
IMG_9268 by KIC-Original, on Flickr

Anyways we got onto db in the very back seats for a great ride. We headed for The Beast but also being an hour wait we decided to skip it. We went on over to Vortex which had its line going all the way out to Juke Box Café, so we got on WindSeeker which had a 1 cycle wait. I thought that was a little odd, the lines were all over the place, some being 90 minutes while others were 20. The ride was great, got a good view of the construction. We then went to The Racer. Which had a 20 minute wait. I saw a KICer there who I gave a little wave too but didn't recognize me at all and he said 'hi' in a confused voice with a look in his eyes like 'get away from me'. xD lol oh well, feeling quite stupid we got onto the red side. Oh, and maybe im late on this news, but, the gate that always used to divide the two sides, is now gone. I really like it much better now.

8995108510_27ee7d25f5_n.jpg
IMG_9270 by KIC-Original, on Flickr

My poor brother being tall and boney rattled pretty hard with the ride, so I put my arm around him to give him a cushion of somewhat lol. Our side won, and we got off and went to fethas and got some food. We stopped at Viking fury afterwards. We went over to Adventure Express which had a 40 min, wait, weird. They didn't play the music going up the final hill which was kind of sad though. I got bored in line and made this:

8993918031_08a0a3a76d_c.jpg
IMG_9305 by KIC-Original, on Flickr

We went to Delirium next, an hour wait I believe. I got another good view of the construction, upside-down though. We went over to flight Deck passing the tall fence with 3 no camping signs'.

8993916405_73fd63faf9_n.jpg
IMG_9298 by KIC-Original, on Flickr

Flight Deck had a usually short line, a station wait. The view of construction was the best, at least for a second as the car raced around the bend. We went to Invertigo, short line, we were offered a front/back seat and took it. Good ride, we went back to laroses for a snack t kill time for our final ride on db that we wanted in the dark. When we got into DBs line with some (sadly) annoying kids in front of me. They concluded that dbs lift hill was 50 feet. Really. They wouldn't stop talking to us, I think they were drunk on Coke... lol. Finally getting into the station we got in the back. It was a really cool ride. We headed for the parking lot and went home. Fun day.

• Like 6

The man with all the rides is Gary Coleman. He has been at it since the ride opened. Actually he just topped 9000 rides like in the last last week or so, so he got 100 in pretty quick. I guess he's our "Single rider Bob".

Sounds like a nice trip. How late did you stay? It seems to me that the crowds are staying much later this year. It used to be that after 9 the lines would thin out as the families left for the day, but now it's always packed right up until 10:00.

• Like 2

Sounds like a nice trip. How late did you stay? It seems to me that the crowds are staying much later this year. It used to be that after 9 the lines would thin out as the families left for the day, but now it's always packed right up until 10:00.

@jayblazer we stayed until 10 pm. Actually past 10 pm, because we were last to get off of DB after the park closed. Thanks for reading guys

Its people like that who gives enthusiasts the stereotype of being weird.

Don has 11,999 Racer rides. What was your point again?

Anyway, far more importantly, thanks Original for a great trip report on a very busy Saturday at Kings Island.

No disrespect to the don gentleman but spending 400hrs of your life riding that POS seems like a waste of time.

Well, I've been lurking for a while, but I feel like I have to speak out about this. Big Sexy, please think before you post. It's very rude to call Gary Coleman and "the Don gentleman" weird without even meeting them. I'd love to be able to ride as many rides as they do, does that make me weird? Also, I'm sure I can speak for others when I say I don't appreciate you calling The Racer "a POS". If you feel that way, it's fine, but please don't use such rude language, and at least tell us why you feel the ride is worthy of this title. I know you're still a fairly new member, but by now you should know better. And many of your posts have little to no insight on the topic at hand. In the Cedar Point tips topic, I recall you making a comment about trying to spot women in Soak City while on Magnum. It's even worse in the 2014 topic. Your source is less reliable than Screamscape, and that's saying something. Your say you're sure it's a B&M giga, then you say it's definately an Intamin giga, while insulting almost every coaster type possible. From the way you post, it's clear you didn't even bother to read the TOS. So please, as a courtesy to all the posters on KIC, read the TOS, and improve your posting.

Diamondhawk, going back to lurking.

P.S. - Please tell me you know who "the Don gentleman" is.

• Like 3

Thanks for posting Original, the man with many rides on the ye olde Racers is a KI legend so to speak. As well to see the man with many rides and knowledge of BB is a legendary feat. Think before you say, not every draft is the golden first.

• Like 1

I just ride the rides, I don't count how many times I do them haha. I've probably ridden the arrows at CP more than many enthusiasts, hell corkscrew more than anyone, at KI, I've marathoned rides on off days to put good numbers in...Do I care though, no

Keeping count of how many rides you do on something over a season/lifetime makes no sense. For individual trip reports per day or weekend or whatever, fine. But over a long period and to that number is ridiculous. They may be great people as I'm sure most enthusiasts are, but it is somewhat odd. Is riding DB 9xxx times totally necessary or rewarding. I honestly would probably get jaded and bored with it at that point, which sucks honestly. A few rides at CP with me don't have their luster anymore because of me working them, I can't imagine just being a guest riding it over and over.

I will say though I don't think it's stuff like that that gives us a bad name. It's the creepy enthusiasts who know/state/go off about everything constantly and especially during interviews or do ridiculous stuff (SRB @ CP), or trashy (SR2 @ CP). There are those enthusiasts that are awesome like Mr Segway...Favorite guest @ CP of all time

Some things I've learned in life,

Everyone's got to have a hobby. As long as your hobby is both legal, and inflincting no harm on anyone else, don't waste time worrying what anyone else thinks of your choosen hobby.

Everyone's weird in their own little weird way. If we weren't, life would be boring.

Some people like to troll message boards, that's far weirder to me than riding a classic roller coaster 11,999 times, but to each their own.

• Like 5