When/if Dinosaurs become endangered?

AintNutinElse2Do

As we've all been spending so much time and focus decoding the near future of Action Zone. I thought it might be enjoyable to think of the future of another, somewhat controversial portion of the park in Dinosaurs Alive. While I do think it'll continue as is for the time being I do feel a day will come when the popularity will no longer warrant additional investments to it. So when that day comes what should become of Dinosaurs Alive? I'll throw out some thoughts.

Should it be removed leaving no trace, leaving the area for future expansion?

Keep most everything and install an awesome putt-putt course and go-carts?

Turn the path into a prehistoric river adventure? Or perhaps safari style in jeeps.

• Like 1

I can see Dinosaurs Alive at the Cleveland zoo, Kings Island is about thrill rides and kid rides. Would you really want to pay extra money after you paid over 50 bucks for admission for the park just to see fake dinasours roar at you. They should get rid of it, but I know they'll be there for awhile.

I can see Dinosaurs Alive at the Cleveland zoo, Kings Island is about thrill rides and kid rides. Would you really want to pay extra money after you paid over 50 bucks for admission for the park just to see fake dinasours roar at you. They should get rid of it, but I know they'll be there for awhile.

I've known several families that since KI has added D.A. they've made special trips to the park because the park now gave their kids an extra reason to go. You'd be surprised how many people actually visit D.A. while I don't have a specific figure, every time I've passed the area, I've seen numerous families, teens, adults entering the attraction and purchasing tickets.

Is it pretty much the same as what I saw at CP last year?

Kings Island's Dinosaurs Alive was the first in the chain, it's the largest out of all of them and has recently added yet another scene (or two) as well as the largest animatronic dinosaur out there. Some scenes are similar to Cedar Points, but it's not an exact replica.

• Like 1

I've been wanting to visit Dinosaurs Alive and I'm sure I will before the end of the season. I don't see it as a long term portion of the park though. If/when there is another major park addition (2018+) I envision it being on that land.

Got the season pass for it today, and loved it! I recommend if they do renew the contact that they require them to update their sensors. The movie would've been educational if I didn't already see it on Netflix, but I'm extremely happy it was in 3d.

It looks kept up enough to last a few more years, but I'd hate for it to take up that much space forever.

• Like 1

I've been wanting to visit Dinosaurs Alive and I'm sure I will before the end of the season. I don't see it as a long term portion of the park though. If/when there is another major park addition (2018+) I envision it being on that land.

That's hard to say. The way it looks now, it's here for the long haul. It's still popular because kids love dinosaurs, and there will be a new generation of kids who come "of age" for it each year. Plus the Season Pass option seems to be very popular.

Will it be gone with a future expansion? Maybe. But I don't see anything in today's world that would indicate that it's in the plans.

It's funny how so many people love KI's dinos, yet go to PointBuzz and almost everyone is hating on CP's version. Granted they're both different and KI's is in a more secluded area of the park, but it seems like CP fanboys are more eager to get rid of it than KI fanboys.

Our Dinosaurs Alive seems to be well done in a mostly secluded part of woods. If anything, I say add a dino-themed ride back there.

With that, would you think they'd keep the upcharge for the attraction and the dino-themed ride or let the upcharge go?

I've pondered that for quite some time and the result I come up with is, I just don't know.

I actually just went through DA for the first time today. It didn't do much for me, but I can see where it would be a huge interest for families with young children and for schools looking for an educational and fun field trip. It still seems to be fairly popular, so I wouldn't expect to see it go anytime soon.

Our Dinosaurs Alive seems to be well done in a mostly secluded part of woods. If anything, I say add a dino-themed ride back there.

With that, would you think they'd keep the upcharge for the attraction and the dino-themed ride or let the upcharge go?

I've pondered that for quite some time and the result I come up with is, I just don't know.

I think they should keep the upcharge, as the ride will end up attracting more paying customers which will mean return on both the initial investment (D.A.) as well as the investment required in building said Dino Ride. I imagine on the busier days, like Saturdays, D.A. would be considered well worth the price of addmission, thus it would be booming.

Or the new ride can be close by but seperate from D.A, as in no charge for the ride, which in turn I believe will still attract people to pay to check out the animatronic dinosaurs after getting in the dinosaur "groove".

My $.02 atleast.

• Like 1

This is all my speculation, plus it turns out someone else thought the same thing on another forum. I don't know the rules about mentioning other parks, but the one whom counts it's flags in Illinois posted a teaser video that looked very dinosaurish. Maybe it's relocating? I can post the video, but don't know the rules for posting other parks promotions.

As you can see there's a reason I'm called Jackparanoia.....

There's no rule (that I know of) that prohibits talking about other parks. Heck, there's even an "Other Amusement Park and Industry News" section on this site!

But they would not be relocating since Cedar Fair and Six Flags are 2 completely separate entities, but Six Flags could be getting its own version of Dinosaurs Alive!, or at least something similar.

• Like 1