Mandarin Cuisine

italianchef

Hey, did anyone eat at Mandarin Cuisine yet? The architecture from the outside looks awesome - and authentic. And the inside has great Asian murals and lanterns.

The menu is great. They offer cashew chicken, chicken lo mein, General Tso's chicken, Bourbon chicken, Pepper Steak with onion, pork fried rice, and more! Mandarin Cuisine even offers SUSHI (which is Japanese not Chinese).

And the food is quite tasty. This ItalianChef recommends Mandarin Cuisine when visiting PKI!

Mandarin Cuisine even offers SUSHI (which is Japanese not Chinese).

And the food is quite tasty. This ItalianChef recommends Mandarin Cuisine when visiting PKI!

Any idea what kind of sushi they serve, and whether it is made fresh daily? Sushi that isn't made fresh daily is unhealthy for you. I like California Rolls, though when it comes to sushi. A little soy sauce, some wasabi to spice it up a notch.

Since they are not technically employeed by PKI only contracted, they do not have to wear the PKI associate wardrobe. They wear their own dress (whatever that might be). I know they were these cool Chinese hat thingies since Waren County Health Department rules say any person preparing food must wear a hat or hairnet.

I ate at "Mandarin Chineese" on April 12th. (Around 1:30 if anybody really cares)

Atmosphere is wonderful, but I do wish them more customers. I had the General Tso chicken, which was not quite like the General Tso chicken I get at my favorite Chinnese place, the Blue Gibbon. The food at the PKI restaurant is about on par with a shopping mall food court orinental restaurant.

However, the value for price is actually pretty good. I had General Tso Chicken, with a brocoli garnish, a generous heaping of Fried Rice, an eggroll, and a fortune cookie for about $6.50, the massively overpriced soft drink brigs the total check to just shy of $10. (To compare the lunch price of General Tso at the Blue Gibbon, which would include the General Tso Chicken, premium vegetables, fried rice, and a cup of soup is $5.50, so the price markup is not that bad.)

Mandarin Cuisine even offers SUSHI (which is Japanese not Chinese).

Any idea what kind of sushi they serve, and whether it is made fresh daily? Sushi that isn't made fresh daily is unhealthy for you. I like California Rolls, though when it comes to sushi. A little soy sauce, some wasabi to spice it up a notch.

Mandarin Cuisine's "sushi" are California Rolls. Since I don't eat seafood, I didn't try them.

Mandarin Cuisine's "sushi" are California Rolls. Since I don't eat seafood, I didn't try them.

Sweet, A Plus for me. For all those interested, you might want to try the Sushi as generally california rolls are made with imitation crab meat, not real crab meat.