Eiffel Tower question

HarvestmanMan

Do they really invite random people to come up to the International restaurant to watch the fireworks and eat pizza? My wife to this day wonders how we have yet to be asked? I could care some but I am curious?

They do. My family was picked on August 10th last year, and GatorGirl got to push the button to "start the fireworks."

• Like 7

Do they really invite random people to come up to the International restaurant to watch the fireworks and eat pizza? My wife to this day wonders how we have yet to be asked? I could care some but I am curious?

They do. My family was picked on August 10th last year, and GatorGirl got to push the button to "start the fireworks."

Do the drive you out to the woods where the fireworks are launched or is there a remote launch from the international restaraunt

• Like 2

50 feet is five stories. Nowadays, many Americans couldn't safely climb five stories of stairs. It's not 1972 anymore.

See also Demon aka Screamin' Demon or the old giant slide.

Which is a bummer. I liked the Giant Slide.

Many Americans like myself would definately scramble five stories for the fun at the top.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Love the thought of a restaurant on Eifel tower kind of like the tower in Vegas on the strip! Of course smart money, would be to reopen INTERNATIONAL Restaurant above the turnstiles:

they still use it for pizza party during the fireworks and rent for the kids birthday parties when they don't want the Dino party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The former IR is used for more things than just hosting pizza parties and other events. They use it as a commissary to prepare food used else where in the park. Don't forget the entire front gate complex is used more than just to allow guests to enter the park. You have offices, shops, restrooms, equipment rooms that is housed in the front gate complex. Any new front gate entrances would have to include all of these uses, plus the restaurant and commissary. One of the features of the currant entrance is the eye popping effect of the grand fountain and tower as you step through the entrance. The current entrance serves its purpose as it is. But maybe some improvements to enhance the guest experience as they have their tickets scanned and enter the park.