PSA: Tonight's Dive In Movie is Disney's "Frozen" (June 20th)

BoddaH1994

Don't forget that TONIGHT will be the first DIVE IN MOVIE of 2014! Kings Island will present, Disney's "Frozen!" Free with park admission! Show starts at dusk (approx 9:20) in Soak City. This event was VERY popular last year, and I'm sure it'll have the same fanfare this year. If you haven't been to one yet, I'd highly recommend checking them out.

Remember that for safety's sake, they will only be letting limited people into the wave pool at one time (so if you want a spot, get there early) but there is plenty of poolside seating.

If the movie is expected to start at 9:20pm, anyone have ay idea exactly how early you should be there for a guaranteed spot in the pool? My daughter has been talking about this non-stop for weeks since they gave us the flyer while parking and if she doesn't get to watch Frozen (for the thousandth time) from inside the pool she will be crushed.

• Like 4

Guest dtk1376

Frozen is gonna attract a bigger crowd than hockey movies. I wanna see Back to the Future personally. :-)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I am sick of hearing about this movie and cannot wait for the hype to die off.

It's a Disney movie - a good one, too. Plus it's only been 6 months. It will die out eventually.

This has probably been asked before, but does the waterpark still close at 8? If it does, what do people do between 8 and 9:20? I don't get how this works...

• Like 1

I didn't go, but I did ride the train last night between 9pm and 10pm. The ride op on the microphone was stressing that you could get off in Soak City to watch Frozen but that the slides were closed and that you would have to leave through the Soak City gate if you stayed past 10.

A few tweets from Kings Island's Twitter indicates that there were activities in Soak City leading up to the movie.

• Like 1

I am sick of hearing about this movie and cannot wait for the hype to die off.

It's a Disney movie - a good one, too. Plus it's only been 6 months. It will die out eventually.

This has probably been asked before, but does the waterpark still close at 8? If it does, what do people do between 8 and 9:20? I don't get how this works...

I would guess you could probably get a ride on Beast or Banshee. Maybe even get a bite to eat.

I went with my 2 sons last night. This was my first time and I would guess the weather held some back from attending. It was a decent crowd but definitely not packed.

We had hung out at the waterpark most of the day. The rest of the waterpark closed at 8pm. My boys decided they wanted to watch the movie instead of dry rides. We walked over to the wavepool about 8ish. They made an announcement to line up on left side of pool if we wanted a raft. They provided 2 park hosts walking around with microphones asking trivia such as "What is your favorite part of the movie? and "What is the snowman's name?" It was just for fun, no prizes or anything. Then, there was LOTS of singing into the mike by the kids. As to be expected, lots of "Let it Go!" was sung lol! Pool was still closed off at this time.

I didn't have a watch but probably around 9ish (maybe a little before), they let us get the floats and enter a roped over section of pool. They let people in the pool in small groups and this seemed to take awhile. It was very organized. We were one of the first groups in and it seemed like people kept coming in. Not sure if they ever ran out of floats.

Many people around us ditched their floats and just swam and splashed. Not sure if they still allow that in high capacity. I had heard once tubes ran out, it was the waiting game until someone got out. We never got out so I can't confirm:)

Movie didn't start until around 9:40. They played some trivia on the screens and promos for upcoming events. My 3 year old wasn't too impressed. My 7 year old wants to now attend EVERY advertised event haha!

It was fun and we would do it again. I might not go right at 8pm though. It was a long wait, but it was a nice evening. Packed capacity crowds (and not being near front of tube line) might have changed my tune though.

My kids want to go back Friday for Toy Story!

• Like 5