Private Events

Miythandria

I've always been curious as to why Kings Island closes for 4 days during the week leading up to Labor Day weekend. Is it because all the schools around are back in session? I know that in Michigan, where I reside, the state passed a law prohibiting the schools from going back before Labor Day.

For several years I always took a week of vacation during that week so as to maximize my time away from work (weekend before, week, long holiday weekend) and always thought that that would be a good time to get back to Kings Island. But when I would look online I would discover that they were closed. And of course, I would forget about this little problem by the following year. Upon further research, I found that this was not strictly a Kings Island thing. I noticed many parks, with the exception of Cedar Point, were closed during this time. I hadn't been since 1996, so I really had a desire to get back, as I always found Kings Island to be a beautiful park with some great rides. Needless to say, I was a bit perturbed every year. After all, it was still August! But, on a positive note, I did finally get back for one day in 2013, and 3 times this year.

• Like 1

I've always been curious as to why Kings Island closes for 4 days during the week leading up to Labor Day weekend. Is it because all the schools around are back in session? I know that in Michigan, where I reside, the state passed a law prohibiting the schools from going back before Labor Day.

The park is closed August 25-28 mostly due to staffing issues with their employees being back in school...and also a lot of their guests.

• Like 7