HoliWood Nights & CoasterMania 2016

CoasterMania had a quick ticket release that was guaranteed to sell out, committing many to Sandusky. I'd expect better ERT at both events than in recent, previous years.

Where I go depends partially on whether another GOCC member ends up wanting to use my still-unassigned CoasterMania ticket.

• Like 3

Hey, I get excited at coaster events. :) I'll admit that I can sometimes get carried away.

With the exception of the scavenger hunt & night ERT, I was actually trying to behave at Kings Island. You all should see how I do Cedar Point when I'm by myself...

Malem, if you track your steps on your phone I would love to know your numbers - especially with your zigzagging through the park. I'm sure you rack up the steps! :)

My Galaxy S5 Active does track steps, so I'll let you know how many I end up taking. (Coasterstock weekend, Fri-Sun, was 108090 plus however many steps I took while my phone was in the car for Soak City.)

• Like 3

I think it's about time for some nice tea and a sitdown again. Soon.

Very soon.

I very much look forward to it.

Malem, I'm just not used to havin to keepin' up with people at the parks. Usually it's the other way around. I normally go pretty hard. After 3 days, that trip from Beast to Banshee done it. :)

• Like 3

Having paid in advance for an event with capped attendance, I would be rather upset if they let a bunch of unregistered people overcrowd lunch & ERT.

I would be too.

The thought crossed my mind because of all the "alleged" unregistered people that showed up and were let in last year.  But it was uncapped and free. 

Played by the rules and bought my ticket.  Hoping for a great event.

• Like 2

It looks like good weather for both events, and I still haven't decided.

I have until 6pm Friday to decide whether to use the $118 Comfort Inn reservation in Ferdinand, Indiana. CoasterMania would be a day trip, as hotel demand this weekend with Bike Week is insane. I'd have to stay far enough away that I'd might as well drive home.

I won't do both, but wearing the CoasterMania 2016 shirt at HoliWood Nights could get a few stares. :)

• Like 4

I'm almost surprised you ain't gonna do both.

After Coasterstockin with ya there is no doubt in my mind you could do both. And probably have time to spare.

Freaks, who did finally recover from his Coasterstock trip.

• Like 4

I have been on many trips with the Nightmare one. Best trips I have ever been on. Others would agree. Ironically, we talk more about things that happen en route than actual parks. Must plan another trip soon.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

^ I'll be leaving Columbus around 5am Friday morning to go... somewhere.

CM

• Shorter drive
  • Big PointBuzz meetup in the afternoon
  • Magnum & Maverick night ERT
  • Less expensive. (No procrastination tax & I already bought a CM ticket)

HWN

• Mammoth, Wildebeest & Raven ERT
  • More people I know are attending
  • I have yet to ride HW's coasters at night
  • Better food

(If I choose the latter option, I'd have an extra bed in my hotel room. If someone going to HWN would like to split the room in that case, let me know.)

• Like 3

He'll be there signing his book, copies of which will be available for purchase for 360 nickels plus tax.

It really doesn't sway me one way or the other. I'll be seeing either him or Lori no matter which way I go.

• Like 5

If you already purchased a ticket for Coaster Mania that is the route you should go. They limited tickets this year so more than likely quite a few people that wanted to attend aren't going to get the chance and you will have burned a spot by not attending. 

• Like 4

Since many got in last year without registering, it can be assured that some will try this year with a variety of excuses. For the sake of those who followed the rules, hopefully the park doesn't back down & sell additional tickets.

If you already purchased a ticket for Coaster Mania that is the route you should go. They limited tickets this year so more than likely quite a few people that wanted to attend aren't going to get the chance and you will have burned a spot by not attending. 

I'd try to find someone else to use the ticket if I go the other way (it still hasn't been assigned to my name via the Accesso store), but that's definitely one factor pushing me north. It would be a shame for a spot there to go unused.

• Like 3

Coastermania has been great aside from the group of three people pitching a fit this morning because CP should've made "mandatory registration" more widely known. They walked away cursing yet I saw them at lunch. Hoping CP didn't cave!

The only downside has been Sandcastle Suits. Its dingy, smells of dead fish, and maintenance never showed up for our broken balcony door issue. There has been a chicken nugget on the hallway floor for over 36 hours now too. Big disappointment BUT it was only $240 for two nights!

• Like 4