Viacom Looking for buyers for Paramount Parks?

CoastersRZ

First of all, Cedar Fair doesn`t name their parks after the company like Six Flags or Paramount, or Busch or Disney. In fact they are one of the big amusement park operators that don`t. Look at Geauga Lake, when Cedar Fair bought it from Six Flags last year they renamed it from Six Flags Worlds of Adventure back to the traditional Geauga Lake. IF Cedar Fair were to buy Paramount Parks (which I doubt will happen) they would simply drop the Paramount moniker from all the parks` names.

• 1 year later...
First of all, Cedar Fair doesn`t name their parks after the company like Six Flags or Paramount, or Busch or Disney. In fact they are one of the big amusement park operators that don`t. Look at Geauga Lake, when Cedar Fair bought it from Six Flags last year they renamed it from Six Flags Worlds of Adventure back to the traditional Geauga Lake. IF Cedar Fair were to buy Paramount Parks (which I doubt will happen) they would simply drop the Paramount moniker from all the parks` names.

Something tells me that very soon we are going to find out the first part of CoasterRZ's post is perzactly right.

The second part? Virtually none of us thought Cedar Fair would buy all the Paramount Parks. Or pay as much as they did for them.

First of all, Cedar Fair doesn`t name their parks after the company like Six Flags or Paramount, or Busch or Disney.  In fact they are one of the big amusement park operators that don`t.  Look at Geauga Lake, when Cedar Fair bought it from Six Flags last year they renamed it from Six Flags Worlds of Adventure back to the traditional Geauga Lake.  IF Cedar Fair were to buy Paramount Parks (which I doubt will happen) they would simply drop the Paramount moniker from all the parks` names.

Something tells me that very soon we are going to find out the first part of CoasterRZ's post is perzactly right.

The second part? Virtually none of us thought Cedar Fair would buy all the Paramount Parks. Or pay as much as they did for them.

Well...at least we were in good company biggrin.gif Dennis Spiegel and pretty much every other industry expert thought the same thing.

Whoever would have thought Dick Kinzel would take on that much debt? Oh well, much better Cedar Fair than Morgan Stanley (or some one similar) smile.gif