Great Adventure Skyride

https://wobm.com/update-farewell-to-a-ride-we-all-love-at-six-flags-great-adventure-in-new-jersey/

https://nj1015.com/the-sky-ride-at-six-flags-nj-not-permanently-closed-heres-the-scoop/

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed the conflicting stories published about the skyride at six flags great adventure permanently closing but I find it interesting. Is it closing or is it not? Also if this is a duplicate forum please direct me accordingly. However, if this is the first anyone has heard of it, what are your thoughts? 

I saw the first article earlier, but given that they don't cite a source for their info I didn't really believe it. When I was there last month there was a sign up saying they were refurbishing it for their 50th anniversary season. I didn't see any work being done on it, but I was all over the park as well so I might have just missed it. Wikipedia says the sky ride was made by Von Roll, a company that's still in business, so I wouldn't think finding parts would be that difficult.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldiesmann said:

When I was there last month there was a sign up saying they were refurbishing it for their 50th anniversary season. I didn't see any work being done on it, but I was all over the park as well so I might have just missed it.

Thanks for the update. As we have seen, some refurbishments or repairs can take some time if they are waiting on specific parts or whatnot...for example Invertigo had an extended closure this summer at KI, the Condor and Roaring Rapids at Great America in Gurnee have been down for awhile now, the Skyride at Great Adventure, the carousel at SFSL, the list goes on I'm sure. I really hope that Great Adventure keeps their skyride as that was a really cool attraction that I thoroughly enjoyed during my visit in 2022. After the took out the parachute drop (much to my disappointment) I'd hate to see them tear down another classic ride.