We were soldiers ride

Gordon Bombay

What if KI put in a "we were soldiers" themed ride. You could make an all new multi sensory ride in which you hang from above like in a helicopter and there could be explosions and stuff and excellent theming. It would give you a very big adreniline rush although since the movie takes place in vietnam I could see the ride as being "too contriversial". People would say it was politically incorrect and stuff like that. However I would like to see ride made after thos movie because I feel it is one of the few vietnam war movies that actually portrays the war in the right way. Although PKI wants to be more "family" oriented I think this would provde great thrills.

"Talk about depressing. They would need counselors on hand once you get off the thing. "

Chill out, its jsut and idea for an action ride. More people need to know th truth about Vietnam anyways. I reccomend everyone go see the movie We Were Soldiers. It acurrately portrays the war unlike Apocalypse Now and Platoon which are just jokes! censored.gif

"Talk about depressing. They would need counselors on hand once you get off the thing. "

Chill out, its jsut and idea for an action ride. More people need to know th truth about Vietnam anyways. I reccomend everyone go see the movie We Were Soldiers. It acurrately portrays the war unlike Apocalypse Now and Platoon which are just jokes!  censored.gif

Huh? What are you talking about? I wasn't in Vietnam(I doubt you were either)but I think one of the few movies that ever got Vietnam right was Apocalypse Now. That wasn't something they were proud of, they were in the middle of hell, and they knew it. It's no secret lots of GI's suffered from shell shock from something so hectic and insane, I think Apocalypse Now might be the only one to show that. And you don't make rides about something like Vietnam. Anyways, I've never seen We Were Soldiers but I doubt it captures the grittyness of Vietnam like Apocalypse did.

And I am almost positive that the veterans of Vietnam would not want an attraction at an amusement park to remind them of the war. My father is a vet of that war and I was in Desert Storm and neither of us would find it respectful if a park did that.

You forgot about Full Metal Jacket. Don't know if it was a correct portrayal of Vietnam, seeing how I was not there and neither were any of you (I seriously doubt), so how do you know how accurate that movie We Were Soldiers really is? I do know the boot camp part of FMJ was accurate. Anyway, I think this idea ranks right up there with the Titanic idea that was on a Paramount survey.

FMJ's boot camp scene was very accurate cause the whole part was written by R Lee Ermey who had things like that said to him.....the rest of the movie wash sketchy but We Were Soldiers is accurate because it was written by Colonel Moore (the man who the story is centered around) and other men who are featured in the book and movie agreed with it being accurate. So unless about 20 vets are lying than We Were Soldiers is a good portrayal of the war. The reason I said Apocalypse now isnt; is because Apocalypse now is based off of a book that was written in 1902 and has nothing to do wtih Vietnam and the storyline is just stupid being put into a vietnam scenario and portrays soldiers as crooks and criminals