Tomb Raider music available?

standbyme

Out of all the music, you like the drums the best? The other music is so much better, but to be fair, the queue music wasn't composed for the ride. And flightoffear1996, trust me on this one, it can be played on anything, from computer to dvd player if need be.

The drums music is accually about 30 seconds long and plays in a loop like FusionDude said. It is in a format that only a certain player that is installed on the computers that run the ride can play.

Are you implying that there is absolutely no way that anyone is going to get it, save for the music makers actually giving it out themselves?

Jeez...thanks for all the responses...even if I found out it is pretty hopeless! I am not a big Tomb Raider fan...so I didn't know if that music was used somewhere else...I should of guessed it was something PKI exclusive. Anyway, thanks for all the info...it did help a little. Fusiondude's post guided me towards RPM's site which does have a couple of clips...but not the "drums"...plus I wandered across the company that helped design Tomb Raider:The Ride which was interesting.

(Here are those links if anyone cares.)

http://www.visualterrain.net/Pages/portfol...tombraider.html

http://www.rpmusic.com/htmls/news/news.html

Thanks again to everyone for the help...at least I don't have to wonder if it exists anymore!

Jeez...thanks for all the responses...even if I found out it is pretty hopeless! I am not a big Tomb Raider fan...so I didn't know if that music was used somewhere else...I should of guessed it was something PKI exclusive. Anyway, thanks for all the info...it did help a little. Fusiondude's post guided me towards RPM's site which does have a couple of clips...but not the "drums"...plus I wandered across the company that helped design Tomb Raider:The Ride which was interesting.

(Here are those links if anyone cares.)

http://www.visualterrain.net/Pages/portfol...tombraider.html

http://www.rpmusic.com/htmls/news/news.html

Thanks again to everyone for the help...at least I don't have to wonder if it exists anymore!

Ahh, it's like being in line waiting to get on.

Are you implying that there is absolutely no way that anyone is going to get it, save for the music makers actually giving it out themselves?

No, because anything is possible, and with the knowhow, you can get the program.

No, because anything is possible, and with the knowhow, you can get the program.

Exactly, because it's already been done.

That link is great. I've been wanting to hear the ride's soundtrack free of the special effects noise. The part after the icefield is especially hard to hear, but is amazingly suspensful music.

By the way, if you really want to hear the queue soundtrack, there are two sources I know for it. There may be more, but I think I found all that there is. The music comes from two movies...

user posted image and user posted image

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All!

I was just checking the statistics from my web site when I noticed this link. To my surprise I read about your interest about my music for Tomb Raider and Flight of Fear. Wow! I'm very very flattered and grateful. I am the composer for the scores for both rides and to date, out of all the scores that I have done, Tomb Raiser is my favorite. I was given total creative freedom to compose for this ride which meant that I didn't have to follow the the style of the film's composer. Basically, it gave me a chance to "do what I would've done if I would have scored it!" It's a real pleasure to know that it "struck a chord" with listeners!!! Sometimes I wonder if anyone even noticed these cues...you guys make it all worth while!! Thanks!

Rob Pottorf

www.rpmusic.com

Oh and BTW, I'll try and put that 30 sec. drum loop up on my site in the near future. You'll be able to download it...just don't give it to Universal for any of their rides! biggrin.gif

Great job Rob thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Love your music, it really adds to the atmosphere of the ride! It looks like you even won an award for your work on Tomb Raider, congrats on that!

Alien Seed, I think the rides at Universal Studios Florida use the same music composed for the movies, but here is a list of the composers on the back of my Islands of Adventure soundtrack: William Kidd, Tony Humecke, Chip Smith, Kurt Krause, Jonathan Green, William Ashford, William Morosi, Howard Drossin, Peter Lehman, Kenneth Thorne, and Michael Kibbe.

Great job Rob thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Love your music, it really adds to the atmosphere of the ride! It looks like you even won an award for your work on Tomb Raider, congrats on that!

Alien Seed, I think the rides at Universal Studios Florida use the same music composed for the movies, but here is a list of the composers on the back of my Islands of Adventure soundtrack: William Kidd, Tony Humecke, Chip Smith, Kurt Krause, Jonathan Green, William Ashford, William Morosi, Howard Drossin, Peter Lehman, Kenneth Thorne, and Michael Kibbe.

I'm most interested in the music on ROTM and MIB:AA. I brought a camera on MIB just so I could record the music once.

Rob,

WOW! Thanks for answering my post! Yes, your music does "make" the ride. I really do like just sitting before the ride with the drum loop over and over...it never gets boring...it adds to the excitement of the ride. I really hope you put it on your site...it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

J.D.

Yeah anything is possible if you know what your doing.

I'm sure that the dumbeat track does exist somewhere, its only 22 seconds long, with a continuous loop. Even during the cycle the DSM module still plays it, it just isn't sent out to the ride. Sure would be nice to have a copy of it. biggrin.gif

The only thing i wish is that you couyld actually hear the part between the icefield and the lava pit (DSM 11) but its overshadowed by effects.

No you can't get it anywhere that song was composed for PKI and the use of the player that plays that music only. Even if you could download it somewhere nothing could play it.

Well the antechamber and preshow background music plays through that same DSM player nad people seem to have those.