Really good dark ride

Enchanted Voyager

PKI needs a real good dark ride like universals Jurasic Park or now Defunct King Kong. The park has been lacking in one since the death of PT. What movie would make a great dark ride?

Although any dark ride we would get would be based off of a movie, I would really like to see a newer and revamped Phantom Theatre. In my humble opinion, PT was a great work of art and although SDATHC is a great interactive ride for kids, I think the price we paid for it was an atrocity.

I don't know who has the rights to it.... maybe PKI could get it, but "The Amityville Horror Dark Ride" would be kick ass. The movie just came out and is scary as hell!! I think that would make a good dark ride...

I also love the idea of a new, revamped PT... that was not a ride, it was art in motion. PKI is known as a familly park, meeting the needs of every member in the family. PKI needs one, truly scary dark ride... If I worked at PKI, I would already be designing a new ride (that's what I do). I DO NOT want to see a roller coaster/dark ride.... I want to see the "doombuggie" style dark ride like PT and the Haunted Mansion. PKI needs one..REALLY BAD!!! -Hauntguy

PT was lacking at the end of it's life and many got bored with it kids & adults love scooby and thats why PKI has SDATHC,

I dont know about you guys but Iam sick of Hollywood bringing us Remakes the only reason Amityville Horror was 1# was because it was the only wide release last weekend when will we see the Jurassic Park remake? or my Fav JAWS? I'm just tired of it and Amityville was based on a true story that house still stands in NY.

I think a DARKRIDE featuring The Addams Family would be awsome because 1# the whole family could ride it unlike a ride based on a R rated picture where only horror buffs could ride plus I dont think paramount holds the rights to that movie.

The Haunted Mansion is art in ride form. PT was just a trimmed down version of a classic from the large ballroom ghost scene and statues that follow your movement, to the ghost in the mirror at the end. It was okay for Kings Island, but I could never get over the fact that it was just an attempt to emulate a classic.

I kind of want to see that Amityville remake. I thought the original was pretty boring. I'm not just saying that because I'm desensitized to the old stuff because of the newer flashier grittier horror movies. I still think older greats like Dawn of the Dead, The Exorcist, and Texas Chainsaw rule all. Amityville is just too dated, and a little too much like its better similar story The Shining. At least the trailer for Amityville Horror gets me a little freaked.

I think if PKI gets a new dark ride, it should be something along the lines of Disney's Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. I mean, something fast and as exciting as a rollercoaster. I'm sure they wouldn't want to pay the price to make something that cool and well-themed (and of course I'm not thinking it'd need to be themed to Indy.) But I would prefer they make a completely new dark ride, not re-theme the Enchanted Voyage area, or stick a flat ride in a box.

Listen, I hate to burst your bubble: Phantom Theatre was a nice little diversion on a hot day and had some cute concepts---but an art form?? I agree with the above poster who said that it was really just a smaller-scale version of Disney's Haunted Mansion. Sorry, but I could never just look at PT as anything more than a kiddie ride that was good to get out of the heat for a bit.

I think PKI has some good dark rides. . . FoF and TRTR being two of them. I would like to see something more sensational, along the lines of things Universal does and Disney has. . . not too many of those, though, because I still like the unique outdoor thrills PKI has. But a few would really spice things up and make PKI a bit more uniqe than, say, CP.

And poeple who wonder what they could theme them to don't realize that there's a big well to come from with Paramount. Sahara just became a fairly sized hit for them and if there are mork Dirk Pitt novels because of it, I think that could lead to a good dark ride. Mission: Impossible could easily be themed to a cool little dark ride as well as Lemony Snicket, which was a fun little movie. Let's not forget, either, that Paramount could always negotiate rights with other films; obviously Universal and Disney may be out of the question, but companies like 20th Century FOX and Dreamworks don't have themeparks.

But my biggest Paramount dreams will, sadly, never come true. A road-trip themed ride to Tommy Boy and Planes, Trains and Automobiles. . . complete with deer jumping out at you and a narrow pass between two semis (and we got IJST istead!) Or a Wayne's World mirth-mobile cruise along. Or, my dream, the Derek Zoolander fashion walk off show.

Sigh. Untapped potential.

tongue.gif

No No No my friends, FoF and Tr:Tr are not dark rides. Anyone who has been in the Noahs Ark dark ride ( what park?) or The Haunted Mansion at disney world knows that these are true dark rides. FoF is a themed coaster and Tomb Raider is also just themed. Big difference from a dark ride. Would you consider Space mountain a dark ride? I think not.

Listen, I hate to burst your bubble: Phantom Theatre was a nice little diversion on a hot day and had some cute concepts---but an art form?? I agree with the above poster who said that it was really just a smaller-scale version of Disney's Haunted Mansion. Sorry, but I could never just look at PT as anything more than a kiddie ride that was good to get out of the heat for a bit.

I think PKI has some good dark rides. . . FoF and TRTR being two of them. I would like to see something more sensational, along the lines of things Universal does and Disney has. . . not too many of those, though, because I still like the unique outdoor thrills PKI has. But a few would really spice things up and make PKI a bit more uniqe than, say, CP.

And poeple who wonder what they could theme them to don't realize that there's a big well to come from with Paramount. Sahara just became a fairly sized hit for them and if there are mork Dirk Pitt novels because of it, I think that could lead to a good dark ride. Mission: Impossible could easily be themed to a cool little dark ride as well as Lemony Snicket, which was a fun little movie. Let's not forget, either, that Paramount could always negotiate rights with other films; obviously Universal and Disney may be out of the question, but companies like 20th Century FOX and Dreamworks don't have themeparks.

But my biggest Paramount dreams will, sadly, never come true. A road-trip themed ride to Tommy Boy and Planes, Trains and Automobiles. . . complete with deer jumping out at you and a narrow pass between two semis (and we got IJST istead!) Or a Wayne's World mirth-mobile cruise along. Or, my dream, the Derek Zoolander fashion walk off show.

Sigh. Untapped potential.

tongue.gif

Hey Dane, when will you re-post my Phantom Theater story in Chef's Ristorante?

I wrote a dramatic story about the Phantom Theater - it was a love triangle and tragedy.

There was far more depth to Phantom Theater than met the eye. The Maestro was a mad genius, Helga was a voluptuous lady with low self-esteem and couldn't commit to one man, and the great Houdelini was a charlatan. The other characters had their charm, too. That's how I interpreted the characters anyway.

In someway, Phantom Theater was like Phantom of the Opera. The Maestro was the Phantom, Helga was Christine and Houdelini was Raoul. That's my interpretation anyway.

To this day, I still miss the ride, its characters, its music, and its charm.

Have a musical day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Well, I've usually considered rides that are indoors and try to use the ride as a way to tell a story dark rides. TRTR falls into that category for me. When it was first announced it was being called an "adventure ride." Which to me shouts out "dark ride". Plus, a lot of it happens in total darkness. laugh.gif I don't consider FoF a dark ride because it's just a coaster indoors. The story is told before you ride, and doesn't continue on the coaster itself.

While I wasnt the biggest PT fan it had it's moments..there are all kinds of dark rides....

Pleasure railway– Built in the late 1800's until the 1920's or 30's, these were the grandparents of today’s darkride. They may have simulated travel via automobile, boat, or balloon, or a ride in a mine. Others had been used to present amusing, historic or informational displays

Traditional darkride– The ride uses single ride cars, long dark passages with “gags†or “tricks†consisting of the simple manikins and pop up monsters. Lighting in these rides is likely to be spot lights or black-lights triggered by the approaching ride car. These may have been constructed by on of the well know ride builders during the "Golden Age" of darkrides or they may have been built or remodeled by the parks themselves.

Modern darkride- This darkride is generally more illuminated than a traditional ride. The long totally dark passages are gone. Many use continual scenery throughout as opposed to “pop up†gags or unrelated scenes. A theme or story line ties the scenes together. These rides are generally not as scary as a traditional ride.

Interactive darkride- Riders participate in the ride by interacting with the scenes by “shooting†ghosts, monsters, or objects in the scenes. In some cases the length of the ride and path taken is determined how well the ride scores.

Water darkride- These generally meet the description of any of the above categories with the exception of the ride system being a waterway.

Hybrid darkride- These attractions have darkride like features but use a non-traditional ride system. While these rides may use roller coaster style track, log flume, a combination of both, or a unique ride system, they have been designed specifically as a darkride.

Crossover darkride -This is probably the most controversial and hard to define classification. It is based upon a well known stand-alone ride system normally not used as a darkride. To be considered to as a darkride these rides must use a unique and extensive theme. Enclosing a roller coaster, or drop ride, for example, could be considered a darkride only if it the ride has been themed with features consistent with the other darkride classes.-DAFE.ORG

Yeah PKI could use another dark ride. Parmaount has alot to pick from in the movies they own. I don't think a Indy ride will come to a Paramount park seeing disney owns the right to that type of ride. Congo Falls could be retheme very easy all they have to is add some jungle around the ride. What type of ride would you like ride in a boat or cars?

"Variety reports that Paramount Pictures has picked up Stephen Sommers to direct a remake of the 1951 sci-fi feature, "When Worlds Collide." Sommers will write and direct the feature. He will also produce along with partner Bob Ducsay.

The original classic told the story of a group of scientists who find that another planet is heading dangerously close to Earth. They make plans for a small group of humans to leave the planet before the inevitable collision.

The film is expected to be big in budget and scope with plenty of visual effects."

user posted image

I don't know about everyone else, but this sounds to me like something Paramount might convert to ride form in the future.