Worst Ride

flightoffear1996

I agree that ID is not that exciting, yet it serves the same purpose as TG. It is a slower coaster, that is not thrilling compared to rides like Vortex, MF etc. But to a 5 year old, it is the best thing going. Parks need coasters that are not that fast and high. No matter how much $$ a park wants to spend, there is no "perfect" coaster.

So, does Big Bad Wolf serve the same purpose as the others? I have heard that it is more intense than most of them. I think TG is a good coaster that has medium intensity. I found nothing intense about Iron Dragon. The best part is the last 15 seconds over the water.

BBW is much more intense, and is probably the best suspended that Arrow built- that still operates of course.

If you ever have the chance, check out BGW. It is a great park. You could actually plan a nice 4-5 day vacation. Use your season pass for PKI and go to PKD for a day, and then travel about an hour south and go to BGW.

I won't be able to do it this year. But, next year, my brother and I are planning a trip that would include PKD, BGW, and a couple of days at Virginia Beach. I am excited to finally be visiting more amusement parks and riding their coasters. I have heard that Alpengeist is off the hook. Have you been to PKD? If so, how is Hypersonic and Volcano? Those are the two I am looking most forward to riding.

Volcano is a good ride. Heavily themed and usually a long line. I have not been on Hypersonic yet- it is always down when I go. PKD is nothing compared to PKI or BGW, if you were going to take the trip and only go to PKD I would advise you not to do it, but if you would go to PKD for free (season pass) and also go to BGW than the trip is worth it.

BGW is one of my favorite parks. It is by far the cleanest park, and easily has the best food (not as good as Epcot, but I don't consider Disney an amusement park). You can sit in Italy ( :chef: ) at an outdoor theatre, eat Cannelloni, and watch a play. Alpeingeist is neck in neck with Raptor- so it is that good, but Apollo's Chariot is the best coaster in the park. Rumor has it that BGW is putting in a large ride for next year.

Overall, PKD is disappointing. My wife and I were there for the day, and around 3pm we started searching for nearby parks. There are many similarities to PKI, but once you go to PKD, it is easy to see why PKI is the signature park for Paramount.

This whole post is :offtopic: !

Top Groan, is the worst, i'll still ride it for a really cheap thrill, but i think they should at least replace Top groan with a B&M Flyer to really make it thrilling, and feeling like your in a jet. i still love arrow coasters, im just really dissapointed with Top Groan.......worst waist of space.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Top Groan, is the worst, i'll still ride it for a really cheap thrill, but i think they should at least replace Top groan with a B&M Flyer to really make it thrilling, and feeling like your in a jet. i still love arrow coasters, im just really dissapointed with Top Groan.......worst waist of space.

If you want a flying in a jet feeling you want to have an inverted. Flying are supposed to make it feel like your are flying.

• 2 weeks later...