You might be a KI addict if you...

Captain Nemo

You might be a KI addict if you have ever tried to personally check KI coaster statistics

- ride time with a stopwatch

- max speed with your gps enabled cell phone

- height with a range finder

- all of the above with coaster simulation software

- or my favorite: hourly capacity as you wait in line. fyi, the 1000 per hour quoted by KI for SOB was pre-rebuild/new trains, and I only wish the 1430 per hour quoted by rcdb for Firehawk was true (the KI quote of 400 per train is also on the high side depending on the crew/riders)

You might be a KI addict if you have ever tried to personally check KI coaster statistics

- ride time with a stopwatch

- max speed with your gps enabled cell phone

- height with a range finder

- all of the above with coaster simulation software

- or my favorite: hourly capacity as you wait in line. fyi, the 1000 per hour quoted by KI for SOB was pre-rebuild/new trains, and I only wish the 1430 per hour quoted by rcdb for Firehawk was true (the KI quote of 400 per train is also on the high side depending on the crew/riders)

You should help the park with Math & Science days. And you should definitely meet Dave Althoff, Jr.! :)

Well I have one to contribute and I'm not going through all the pages to see if it's been said yet... But.. You may be a KI addict if you buy clothes to wear specifically at KI.

Last year I went on a tiresome search to find shorts with zipper pockets and nobody seemed to have made them anymore. This year, I have started the search early and there are a couple of brands out there that have brought the zipper pockets back. I can't find them many places though, at least not in my size. To me, shorts with zipper pockets are a must. If something happened to my "special" shorts, I wouldn't be able to go. :o

You may be a KI addict if you buy clothes to wear specifically at KI.

Last year I went on a tiresome search to find shorts with zipper pockets and nobody seemed to have made them anymore. This year, I have started the search early and there are a couple of brands out there that have brought the zipper pockets back. I can't find them many places though, at least not in my size. To me, shorts with zipper pockets are a must. If something happened to my "special" shorts, I wouldn't be able to go. :o

I went on a tiresome search for capris, jeans and shorts with button or zipper pockets last year. You think cargo pockets are hard to find for guys? Try finding them for girls. I finally found two pair, at two different places. Surprisingly enough, I found cute capris at Walmart with rather generously-sized button pockets on the front. I also noticed an abundance of ankle-strap sandals in the shoe department around the beginning of the season.. it's almost like they know.

You might be a KI addict if you have tried to re-create KI in RCT more than once...

Wow, what a great observation! I personally didn't ever try to "re-create" KI per se--but I did name A LOT of rides after rides at KI. I also had fountains lining both sides of the entrance in one particular park--that idea partially stolen from KI. At KI it's more like fountain(s) in the middle, foot paths to the sides. My creation I guess would have been the exact opposite.

One time (and when I say one time I mean three or four) one of my coasters crashed and some people were killed. I thought to myself how a real park (not necessarily KI) would handle this. So, I planted a square of flowers for each life lost near the ride. Did anyone else take it to that extreme? LOL

You might be a KI addict if you have tried to re-create KI in RCT more than once...

Wow, what a great observation! I personally didn't ever try to "re-create" KI per se--but I did name A LOT of rides after rides at KI. I also had fountains lining both sides of the entrance in one particular park--that idea partially stolen from KI. At KI it's more like fountain(s) in the middle, foot paths to the sides. My creation I guess would have been the exact opposite.

One time (and when I say one time I mean three or four) one of my coasters crashed and some people were killed. I thought to myself how a real park (not necessarily KI) would handle this. So, I planted a square of flowers for each life lost near the ride. Did anyone else take it to that extreme? LOL

i added one square to the pond every time that happend to me

You may be a KI addict if you:

Made the hour drive there just to process your season pass so you can jump into DB's line early on opening day.

Took a picture at the front gate with your newly processed season pass.

Drove around in the houses off of Western Row Rd trying to get close enough to hear Diamondback's roar.

Hopefully you didn't alarm any of the residents! :rolleyes: Since I live 2 hrs away, I made sure to process mine last fall, since I knew the processing center wouldn't be open during any of my monthly visits to cincy in the interim.

Unfortunately I couldn't hear the roar from the parking lot when I pulled in there yesterday. I just might have to go down Western Row next time I come off that exit and see it testing!

You can really hear it roar from the communities off of Western Row. The road noise from I-71 probably cancels out a lot of the sound. My theory:

hotshirt.jpg

I drove down the employee entrance road yesterday with the windows and sunroof open and couldn't hear it at all. It wasn't until we found a little cul-de-sac very close to the track that we could hear it.

I wonder what the people in the houses nearby think of it. Especially once there's screaming people on it. Although, they moved there knowing there was a huge amusement park in their back yard, so I guess they don't have too much place to complain.

:lol: Thanks TB! That and the wind was coming from the west, bringing the 71 noise towards me and taking the Diamondback roar away from me!

Oh, and those people will find something to complain about. When I worked at the park I heard on numerous occasions people living in the area complaining about noise levels of concerts, rides, ...and even fireworks.

And it's not just KI that has to deal with this either. It was recently a concern for some who live around Quassy too. See this topic.

Unfortunately I couldn't hear the roar from the parking lot when I pulled in there yesterday. I just might have to go down Western Row next time I come off that exit and see it testing!

You can really hear it roar from the communities off of Western Row. The road noise from I-71 probably cancels out a lot of the sound. My theory:

hotshirt.jpg

nice map

You may be a KI addict if you:

Made the hour drive there just to process your season pass so you can jump into DB's line early on opening day.

Took a picture at the front gate with your newly processed season pass.

Drove around in the houses off of Western Row Rd trying to get close enough to hear Diamondback's roar.

We would NEVER do things like that.. :unsure::lol:

You might be a KI addict if you constantly drive your friends insane talking about KI.

(Totally me right there)

You might be a KI addict if you get butterflies every time you talk about KI.

(Me again)

I'm with you on the butterflies