You might be a KI addict if you...

Captain Nemo

You ARE a Kings Island Boomerang Bay addict if you fill half a cd with the songs from the waterpark (all nine[?] of them) and can still listen to them after hearing them a gazillion times last summer!

urgh. After two years working in the water park, I cannot stand any of the traditional water park songs that you hear all the time. Beach Boys, especially. Just can't stand 'em any more.

It didn't help that when I worked there (under Paramount) one of the CDs had a skip in it in the middle of Surfin' USA. Talk about annoying.

You ARE a Kings Island Boomerang Bay addict if you fill half a cd with the songs from the waterpark (all nine[?] of them) and can still listen to them after hearing them a gazillion times last summer!

Then Avatar and I can no longer be considered KIBB addicts, since we heard that music WAY too much last year!

You may be a KI addict if, while your wife and daughter are away in Florida April 28th - May 3rd, you plan to take the day off work Friday May 1st and go to the park (even though it's Math & Science Day), and have been mulling over maybe taking a road trip to visit another park on May 2nd and possibly seeing if anyone in the KIC Universe may be interested in joining you so you don't have to go alone. More on this later...too bad CP's not open then...but I have a few parks in mind... :P

Then Avatar and I can no longer be considered KIBB addicts, since we heard that music WAY too much last year!

You may be a KI addict if, while your wife and daughter are away in Florida April 28th - May 3rd, you plan to take the day off work Friday May 1st and go to the park (even though it's Math & Science Day), and have been mulling over maybe taking a road trip to visit another park on May 2nd and possibly seeing if anyone in the KIC Universe may be interested in joining you so you don't have to go alone. More on this later...too bad CP's not open then...but I have a few parks in mind... :P

I'll definitely see you on the first, unless something major and unexpected happens.

... have been mulling over maybe taking a road trip to visit another park on May 2nd and possibly seeing if anyone in the KIC Universe may be interested in joining you so you don't have to go alone. More on this later...too bad CP's not open then...but I have a few parks in mind... :P

Depending on what park you're thinking, I might be willing to join you. :)

You wave to KI as you pass it on I-71 at 4 a.m. saying "hi Diamondback! Hi Eiffel Tower! Hi Drop Tower!"

You mean you can go past it on I-71 without getting off to drive past and say hi? Last winter, we went to KI in the offseason just to take pictures, and even walked up the bike trail behind the grounds trying to get a glimpse of...anything. Did I mention that was the only reason we made the 1.5 hour trip?

Flyer, who just added two more to the list.

You wave to KI as you pass it on I-71 at 4 a.m. saying "hi Diamondback! Hi Eiffel Tower! Hi Drop Tower!"

You mean you can go past it on I-71 without getting off to drive past and say hi?

I wasn't driving. :( And we'd been working for about 12 hours at that point and were just ready to get home. 300 miles of driving without leaving the Cincinnati metro area will take it right out of you.

• 3 weeks later...

Two true stories from this past weekend:

You might be a KI addict if you... are driving home from the Streetsboro/Aurora OH area (where you can still see a few brown ODOT signs for Geauga Lake :( ) and while you're passing KI at 11:30pm, you strain to see any sign of Diamondback in the dark, after having your hopes of seeing the lift hill lights on crushed.

and here's a new category:

You may be raising a KI addict if... while watching Extreme Waterparks on The Travel Channel Saturday night (which featured our old friend Jeff Seibert talking about Schlitterbahn), your mother-in-law says that you'll never find her on one of those waterslides, or on a roller coaster... and your 4 year old daughter responds with, "When I'm an adult..., no, when I get big, I'm gonna ride all the roller coasters and that's gonna be my favorite thing!"

She keeps making me proud!!! I gotta go wipe a tear of joy from my eye now... ^_^

Might be a Ki addict If your on KIC all the time!!! Look guys im here to stay! Im over 100 post. No longer a newbie yay!

now THAT is something we ALL can relate to on here lol...and congrats :)

you might be a KI addict if everywhere you turn, something in sight makes you think of a ride at KI and you spend an hour or more just thinking of that ride and think of how much you love riding it...

you might be a Ki addict if your entire family is tired of you mentioning KI 100 times a day and tell you to shut up about it lol...

You might be a KI addict if you constantly try finding something on tv about theme parks and what you really want to see is a special on KI on tv but you know you wont find it.....

thats all I have for now...there is 3 more to add to this list

EDIT: you might be a KI addict if you see a tv show called The Beast and you think of none other than The Beast at KI and have to read the description 3 times before you realize ITS NOT THE SAME BEAST....

You might be an Ki addict if you are on the highway, windows all the way down with winds @ 65 mph. Of course being in the passengar seat you close you eyes and imagne yourself on a ride as soon as you feel the wind hit you face...........

Kinda a weird one

You might be a KI addict if you:

brave the freezing cold and wind while dripping wet from rain and snow and sloshing through mud puddles just to get photos of Diamondback, wiping water off your new camera the whole time.. then wake up the next morning with a throat so sore you can't swallow, and think to yourself "It was totally worth it."

You might be a KI addict if everday you walk into the classroom, most of your friends walk up to you and ask you..."How many days till Kings Island opens?". Then when your to tired to talk cuz its early you say you lost count,and they freak out!

LOL my customers are starting to ask me how many days until KI opens.. if I say "um.." for even a second, they get all shocked and are like "YOU DON'T KNOW??!!!"

you might be a KI addict if you can name all the roller coasters at the park and say how tall they are without thinking for even a second. And if you draw roller coasters of note book paper and if your classmates ASK you to go onto youtube to watch roller coasters over the projector.

You might be a KI addict if you made your son wear his Kings Island t-shirt during your recent vacation to Disney World.

And speaking of Disney, I'd love someone to explain the safety requirement differences at KI v. WDW.

- My son can't yet ride anything outside Nick U at KI, but Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Expedition Everest, Mission Space, etc... are all ok at Disney

- At Disney, you check your own lapbar as someone walks past, but KI requires lapbars, seatbelts and a personal check of each by a ride op

All kinds of differences, from state laws to insurance company requirements and even ride manufacturer requirements. Walt Disney World does not operate in Ohio, nor does Kings Island operate in Florida. In addition, Cedar Fair and Disney have different philosophies about the guest experience and how it should be handled. To some extent, this affects every aspect of the guest experience.

Compare Knott's to any other Cedar Fair park...to start with, at Knott's, unless something has changed drastically very lately, one cannot ride most of the major rides wearing any kind of spectacles, secured or not. This is not true at any other Cedar Fair park, to my knowledge, nor is it true at Disney, SFMM or Universal Studios Hollywood. I honestly think that insurance company requirements are a major driver in California....

^Hmm I didn't know that. Kings Island is pretty good with loose articles. At SFNE yo cannot take anything along with you while you ride unless it's in your pockets. I remember someone telling a story how a ride attendant told a couple that they could not wear their fanny packs on S:ROS. And on SOB they allow you to bring your backpack on with you as long as it does not get in the way of the restraint.