When do they

kjkjkj

ya it was a lot of fun but the ice rink was closed, and at around 9 we went to kiddie land, no one was there we got an SDATHC without waiting, and i got my picture taken with scoby doo YAY! it was fun going even if the ice rink was closed dry.gif

Why was the ice rink closed, could you tell? All the times that I had been there (four) the ice rink had been open. They do close the rink at quarter till six to run a zamboni across it and to keep people off of the ice when the firework launches up to the Eiffel Tower. But usually after that, they will reopen it for the rest of the night.

Interesting. The only thing I can think of is that the snow froze to the existing ice, and the skating surface was not a smooth surface. But still, their little Zamboni should be bale to take care of that. Afterall, they did remove all the snow that fell last week in time for when they reopened on Saturday!

there were employees "testing" dry.gif the ice (stomping on it and banging on it) the people at customer service said they would give us tickets to come another day but that was the only day we could come because my dad got off work early and everything, so we couldnt take the tickets either, does anybody know if the beach winter thing is better than winterfest at pki.

I thought they had it set up so that it would be ice no matter how warm it was (up to 70 degrees),

It was not a matter of the temperature....it is a matter of all of the extra water on top as a result from the heavy rains through the week and some of the extra snow. The park was closed all week and that water sat on top of the ice, basically saterating the surface. This caused a lot of problems in the ice itself. From what I have heard talking to people that went to the beach late last week this was a problem at their event as well......it's just the matter of PKI actually closing it down because it was deemed as an unsafe condition.

Which was a smart move on their part. However, it is interesting to note (I`ve never gone ice skating until I went at WinterFest last weekend, so I`m not sure if other places do this as well) that they make you fill out a waiver before you skate. In other words, if you fall and hurt yourself because you don`t know how to skate, the park can not be held liable. I understand why they do that in today`s sue happy society!

^Because uhm its unsafe, and who are you to judge how safe the ice is? Did you design the thing, do you have a working knowledge of how it works? Theyre not gonna handout waivers and say your own your own, they care about safety and YOU are not one to judge how safe the ice rink was, sorry you had a bad time, but s**t happens, read your tickets PKI does NOT guarantee that any particualr attraction will be open.