Job Fair

MarketingExpress

There is a Job Fair on February 18 and 20.

All departments will be present to interview for open positions. Please keep in mind that as of last Saturday at 7:00pm the park was still not hiring 15 year olds, but putting them on a waiting list based on when they turn 16. Any interested applicants should fill out an online application at least 48 hours before attending the Job Fair.

Feel free to leave any questions here that I can answer.

I applied to be a tech up there just because... well, it was a cold February day and I wanted to be at PKI. j/k Anyway, there weren't any openings but they called me every couple of weeks all summer and through Fearfest and Winterfest to offer me all sorts of different jobs... I never bit at it, but I thought it was cool that they kept the door opened for me.

You should probably post up the time, marketing express, well, I'll do it.

The job fair is 10-4. Based on the last several job fairs, the earlier you come, the less time overall you'll have to wait. I know last year and the year after, if you can around 1 or 2, you'd typically wait 45 minutes to an hour to be screened, and that was even with as many interviewers as we could gather, which is quiet many. Just to forwarn some of you.

You should probably post up the time, marketing express, well, I'll do it.

The job fair is 10-4. Based on the last several job fairs, the earlier you come, the less time overall you'll have to wait. I know last year and the year after, if you can around 1 or 2, you'd typically wait 45 minutes to an hour to be screened, and that was even with as many interviewers as we could gather, which is quiet many. Just to forwarn some of you.

thanks for adding that info.

Like he said, the earlier you come the better. We have been known to have applicants waiting for hours and hours.

If you can't make it to the Job Fair the HR office is open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 11am-6pm, through the end of the month.

Next months hours have not been announced yet.

Once again I strongly reccommend that you fill out an internet application no later than 48 hrs in advance.

I applied to be a tech up there just because... well, it was a cold February day and I wanted to be at PKI. j/k Anyway, there weren't any openings but they called me every couple of weeks all summer and through Fearfest and Winterfest to offer me all sorts of different jobs... I never bit at it, but I thought it was cool that they kept the door opened for me.

Kind of like the movie breakfast club, Ally Sheedie goes to detention because she has nothing esle to do , That's good

When I got my job at PKI, I just went to HR and applied, and got interviewd and hired on the spot. smile.gif That was back in 1999!

I was the same way... back when I was hired, job fairs weren't nearly as big an event. The job fair I was hired at was in Casting office, then just called HR. I went in, filled out an application, had an HR interview, then a games interview, was hired the same day, and the rest is history.

I applied to be a tech up there just because... well, it was a cold February day and I wanted to be at PKI. j/k  Anyway, there weren't any openings but they called me every couple of weeks all summer and through Fearfest and Winterfest to offer me all sorts of different jobs... I never bit at it, but I thought it was cool that they kept the door opened for me.

Kind of like the movie breakfast club, Ally Sheedie goes to detention because she has nothing esle to do , That's good

Ha... kind of, but I wouldn't say I was so cavalier that I wasted their time by letting them interview me. I was going to take a tech job had they offered it to me. Unfortunately, there were no spots opened, and by the time they called me offering me a tech spot, I had just gotten a new sup at Best Buy and felt as thought it would be irresponsible of me to leave him hanging with a bunch of new people.

coastergirl, it depends on what you do each year... I know if you switch departments, you often have to be reinterviewed. Typically though you just have to send in a new application and the other forms and then you're good to go. Also, if you work winterfest and work the last week of the year, (defined monday-sunday, ie. if Jan 1 falls on any day of that week) you are technically active the next year and do not even need to reapply, but just fill out a few tax forms and what not.

coastergirl, it depends on what you do each year... I know if you switch departments, you often have to be reinterviewed. Typically though you just have to send in a new application and the other forms and then you're good to go. Also, if you work winterfest and work the last week of the year, (defined monday-sunday, ie. if Jan 1 falls on any day of that week) you are technically active the next year and do not even need to reapply, but just fill out a few tax forms and what not.

Thanks for the info! It doesn't really apply to me. I was just being nosey. biggrin.gif

Just out of curiosity, if you are hired as a seasonal employee do you have to reapply every year and go through interview process or do you get to skip it?

depending on your rehire status will depend if you have to go through an interview to come back. Just be a good little associate and do you job you will be fine.

However most supervisors have to go through a rehire interview just so their managers can find out how the previous season went.

well when i transfered t rides i didnt need to have a interview to go to rides but that was a wile ago they might do that now

if you're just transferring rides within the rides department, you would most likely not need an interview unless you were a supe... If you do departmental changes, the new department may request an interview depending on the department. They may just want to see if you have the skills needed in that department is all.